[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 370: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 370: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
ITT THIEF's Awakening (blue, blue) - Page 5 - Kirby's Rainbow Resort

Kirby's Rainbow Resort

Welcome back, Kirby fans. We missed us.
It is currently October 25th, 2020, 4:30 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 8 Next
ide
PostPosted: October 24th, 2007, 7:45 am 
This space for rent Male
This space for rent

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star
Blue for the win.

ide
PostPosted: October 24th, 2007, 8:18 am 
ROYAL RAINBOW Female
ROYAL RAINBOW

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 3
Red.

Really it's not like you're trading defense for offense, you're just choosing Defense +1 or Offense +1, and killing stuff quickly can be helpful!!

ide
PostPosted: October 24th, 2007, 2:58 pm 
Simirror Female
Simirror

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star
Location: In the not-too-distant future, somewhere in time and space
*pops out of nowhere* BLUUUUUUUUUE

Because Red never helped me. =<

Also, great topic; I've been following along for a long time but never commented. I loved Link's Awakening.

ide
PostPosted: October 24th, 2007, 4:28 pm 
Cutter Power! Male
Cutter Power!

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star Ultra
Red because everyone else is saying Blue.

ide
PostPosted: October 24th, 2007, 5:04 pm 
smoked cheese <:3c Female
smoked cheese <:3c

I always preferred red. Much easier to take care of enemies and bosses before they can even get a hit in on you.

Plus it doesn't make pieces of power entirely useless -- you still get a speed boost out of them. Not the same case with blue and guardian acorns.

ide
PostPosted: October 24th, 2007, 6:07 pm 
Shooting Star Male
Shooting Star

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Adventure
blue

ide
PostPosted: October 24th, 2007, 8:51 pm 
Shooting Star Male
Shooting Star

PURPLE
What? There isn't that option?
Oh, snap.

Stay with Blue, then.

ide
PostPosted: October 25th, 2007, 8:49 am 
Shooting Star Male
Shooting Star

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
Haha, I remember that. :smile:

So, you're aiming to get all the photos? Some you can only get at specific points in the game.

ide
PostPosted: October 25th, 2007, 9:27 am 
Li'l Traveler Male
Li'l Traveler

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 2
Blue...because defence is the best offence.

If you want proof, just remember how you kill those spiked guys...

Banner made by Chooch. You rock pal!

ide
PostPosted: October 25th, 2007, 9:30 am 
Water Drop Female
Water Drop

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land
Blue. Blue is prettier color than red.

ide
PostPosted: October 25th, 2007, 3:26 pm 
a friendly ghost A_mystery
a friendly ghost

ide
PostPosted: October 25th, 2007, 8:36 pm 
Shooting Star Male
Shooting Star

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards

ide
PostPosted: October 26th, 2007, 7:43 am 
Life, the universe, and everything. Male
Life, the universe, and everything.

Red.

Also, when you encountered that greasy !@#$% that dropped the Piece of Power, you should've said "HELL YEAH" like did the other umpteen itimes.

What is love?

ide
PostPosted: October 28th, 2007, 3:43 pm 
BANNED! Male
BANNED!

Blue. This is my favourite PP topic. By the way, you forgot to mention that you dash the Key Cavern boss after you slice him down until he has a thin string connecting the two eyes before they split.

It be teh thang we're waiting for! http://kirby.classicgaming.gamespy.com/ ... 0&t=235817

ide
PostPosted: October 28th, 2007, 5:32 pm 
a friendly ghost

ide
PostPosted: October 28th, 2007, 5:41 pm 
Shooting Star Male
Shooting Star

So THIEF will keep sending us letters, from now on?
Cool.

ide
PostPosted: October 29th, 2007, 1:27 am 
a friendly ghost

ide
PostPosted: October 30th, 2007, 4:28 pm 
a friendly ghost

goddamn

i had an entire update almost finished and then the power went out and i really don't feel like typing it all again because I can't remember a lot of the jokes

So here's the directory for today's update: http://a11.illusory-fragments.net/glod/LA/ch9/

Highlights:

In exchange for this laziness, I will post Angler's Tunnel tomorrow.

p.s. there are only 4 more photographs for the Photo Album (which can be found on the first post)

ide
PostPosted: October 31st, 2007, 4:48 pm 
a friendly ghost

After a mysterious series of events that neither I nor THIEF can remember, THIEF finds himself at the entrance to the Angler's Tunnel with a broken back and a new set of threads.

He also complained about carrying too many bombs.

These enemies are getting repetitive. But at least they're easy to take out.

You know, the compass never helps us. We usually stumble across the boss room and all the keys without needing to look at the map.

This room... It made me realize something terrible about THIEF.

The guy can't swim. That dark, deep water just swallows him up. Luckily, those dead-tree-looking things are breakable and provide a suitable path to walk along.

Small Key.

Through that locked door from the last room, it turns out we need more keys.

SO MORE KEYS WE WILL GET.

Stone Beaks too I guess.

WE'RE WALKING WE'RE WALKING

This is not a key. (By the way, I never look at the Map either. These dungeon items are pretty useless to me. The stone beak gets the most use out of any of them.)

Across the pit. See also: suicidal worms.

Exploding a cracked block here.

You got a Small Key! But you also got an anti-fairy like 3 inches from you.

There are a lot of them here.

That block is cracked.

Another Key. And another almost-rape by an Anti-fairy.

I guess I have to start saying HELL YEAH for these, since THIEF got the blue clothes and always has Guardian Acorn power.

Now across the pit the other way!

Here, a key fell down that hole. But when THIEF went...

Into 2D world to retrieve it...

Turns out it fell in water. THIEF cannot swim.

Nice treasure chest sitting here generally undefended.

IT'S A TRAP

These things are mysterious. One of them sparkled when THIEF jumped on it, but then nothing else happened.

Key get!

Now let's see about unlocking this door.

A monster!

The monster and THIEF just kinda do-si-do around the room for about 15 minutes, until THIEF realizes...

He cannot catch the enemy unless he moves faster! Atta boy, THIEF!

And then it died, the end.

In this room, that switch in the corner has to be pulled to unblock the doors. See what I did there? "Block"? @$#^

Pull, THIEF!

This room reminds me of Ikaruga in that you don't have any room to move around and everything in here is after your ass.

Flippers HELL YEAH

Nothing is important in this screenshot, but I'd like you all to take notice of the creatures south of THIEF. Look familiar? If not I'll talk about them in Dungeon 5.

Now let's test those flippers out!

Awww yeah. Now do a dive!

GREAT SUCCESS

Now let's go get the key.

Hello, key.

Time for some backtracking now that we have Flippers.

Rupees! We have a lot of those.

More Rupees! I wonder what happens if we go over 999 Rup--

@$#^

Anyways, let's go to that locked block over there.

Oh, that was fast.

Just making a note here, the 2D places are the only time you can use your sword or any other item underwater. In the top-down sections A makes you swim faster and B makes you dive.

Suddenly, THIEF and I realized we didn't have the Nightmare Key. So we went back to get it. We decided to try out those mysterious platforms again. After tinkering around for a while, THIEF discovered that you had to step on them in a certain order.

BOARD THE PLATFORMS

THIEF,you will be KILL BY DEMONS

THIEF hitches a ride.

Okay, time to go.

Please note that THIEF found a Piece of Power shortly before entering the Nightmare's room.

This is the Nightmare? It can't even speak! It's a fish!

DURHHH I WONDER WHERE I HIT IT AT (hint: it's the angler thing that is shining so brightly like my father (as a child)'s ass after being beaten by HIS father)

Seriously, this boss is just mashing the sword button on his angler. Not to mention THIEF got that Piece of Power, so this guy goes down in 4 hits. No joke.

Surf's Up was a terrible movie.

Well good thing we got those Flippers then.

IN THE NEXT EPISODE:
-Singing fish!
-More item trading!
-A dungeon inside a giant catfish!
-Swimming! Lots of it!

ide
PostPosted: October 31st, 2007, 5:02 pm 
Cutter Power! Male
Cutter Power!

Sink or swim. THIEF picked the better idea.
Link's Awakening for DS remake.

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 8 Next