Kirby's Rainbow Resort
http://www.kirbysrainbowresort.net/forums/

Brawl Updates - Rest in Peace, Japan Time
http://www.kirbysrainbowresort.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=235904
Page 1 of 106

Author:  Disaster [ October 30th, 2007, 12:47 am ]
Post subject:  Brawl Updates - Rest in Peace, Japan Time

Okay, this thread will basically serve the same purpose as the General Smash Bros. Thread was for the past... however many months.

When there's a new update on the Super Smash Bros. Brawl website, discuss it in this thread!


So... yeah. Go nuts.

Author:  glod [ October 30th, 2007, 1:00 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Brawl Update Discussion Thread

For those who've never seen it before,

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/index.html

That's Sakurai's blog.

And just so this topic has something to start with:

Last 5 Updates:
(General Smash) Stage Builder - Oct 29
(Kirby) Dedede's Special Moves, part 1 - Oct 26
(Kirby) King Dedede - Oct 25
(General Smash) STADIUM: Target Smash! - Oct 24
(Smash Video) Donkey Kong Makes His Stand - Oct 23

Author:  Silver Magi [ October 30th, 2007, 1:24 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Brawl Update Discussion Thread

Oh it actually happened.

Author:  Pika [ October 30th, 2007, 3:02 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Brawl Update Discussion Thread

It seems Classic mode makes a return. I was hoping for this. I like to face random opponents when by myself. I wonder if there'll be a final team, though...

But wait, set stage per round? That's just lame... Oh well... wait... and then I remember SSB did that.

SSB style classic. Interesting, but I guess I was spoiled by the random opponent in Melee. Unless it's only the stages preset by series. I dunno.

And one last note. Giant Meta Knight is gonna be a pain... Please let it be a random giant kirby character...

Author:  Disaster [ October 30th, 2007, 3:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Brawl Update Discussion Thread

Oh hi there epic battle between the player and the three Kirby characters, nice to see you in Classic mode.

Honestly, who didn't see Classic mode returning?

Author:  CyberFlame [ October 30th, 2007, 6:32 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Brawl Update Discussion Thread

Heh, Classic mode's return was pretty expected.

Does that mean that there's a chance that Master Hand may make a comeback?

Author:  Cosmic [ October 30th, 2007, 7:00 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Brawl Update Discussion Thread

Quote:
Oh hi there epic battle between the player and the three Kirby characters, nice to see you in Classic mode.

Honestly, who didn't see Classic mode returning?
Kirby and Dedede are on Mario's side, note the little hearts above there heads.

Author:  BabyCharmander [ October 30th, 2007, 7:17 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Brawl Update Discussion Thread

This em was LAZY update. DX Everyone knew that Classic Mode was coming back, mur.

Author:  Chooch [ October 30th, 2007, 7:19 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Brawl Update Discussion Thread

Quote:
Heh, Classic mode's return was pretty expected.

Does that mean that there's a chance that Master Hand may make a comeback?
More than just a chance. More like a guarantee.

Author:  Otenko [ October 30th, 2007, 7:56 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Brawl Update Discussion Thread

The hands must return ... maybe they got a WiiMote-Weapon.

But for what are the coins good this time? Shopping - no. Unlocking - maybe?

Author:  Reiaji [ October 30th, 2007, 11:10 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Brawl Update Discussion Thread

...Giant Meta Knight?

*dies laughing*

I'm glad to see Classic Mode make a comeback; it was my favorite in Melee.

Author:  SmashKirby202 [ October 30th, 2007, 11:23 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Brawl Update Discussion Thread

So you guys finally decided to make an entire smash section, eh? That's cool.

Classic update today; I didn't really care, sinc eI knew it was going to return one way or another.

Author:  Disaster [ October 30th, 2007, 11:43 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Brawl Update Discussion Thread

Quote:
Quote:
Oh hi there epic battle between the player and the three Kirby characters, nice to see you in Classic mode.

Honestly, who didn't see Classic mode returning?
Kirby and Dedede are on Mario's side, note the little hearts above there heads.
Image
I realized that shortly after posting when someone else pointed it out to me. Geez, give me a break.

Author:  KrackoCloud [ October 30th, 2007, 2:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Brawl Update Discussion Thread

I guess the Classic mode had to have its update sometime, but there's nothing new to look forward to about it.

Author:  Chooch [ October 30th, 2007, 2:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Brawl Update Discussion Thread

Quote:
I guess the Classic mode had to have its update sometime, but there's nothing new to look forward to about it.
What about playing as the new characters?

Author:  glod [ October 30th, 2007, 2:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Brawl Update Discussion Thread

Quote:
The hands must return ... maybe they got a WiiMote-Weapon.

But for what are the coins good this time? Shopping - no. Unlocking - maybe?
Wouldn't "unlocking" just mean "shopping for unlockables"?

They may bring back that Slot Machine thing. And they may make you pay coins to continue if you lose in single player, like in Melee.

Author:  Cirno [ October 30th, 2007, 3:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Brawl Update Discussion Thread

CLASSIC MODE IS IN

SMASH THE TARGETS/something else that is not 'grab the trophies' i mean that was just gay/RACE TO THE FINISH IS BACK

!@#$% YEAH RACE TO THE FINISH

So smash gets it's own forum, does it? I can't say this wasn't expected.

Author:  michael2021 [ October 30th, 2007, 3:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Brawl Update Discussion Thread

Quote:
This em was LAZY update. DX Everyone knew that Classic Mode was coming back, mur.
Ya, but... umn, some people still had doubts. So Sakurai had to mention it sometime, and that sometime was today. Also, we can't really expect every daily update to make our jaws bust through the floor.

By the way, some people over at the other forum I go to are griping that there could be no bosses to fight in Classic Mode (Based on assumption, of course). What's your take on that?

Oh, and one last thing... I was wondering about the whole "Character Probability through Icons" thing, as mentioned in the now-dead thread... If anybody has any solid evidence, or at least some data to help back up the reason why we should pay attention to how many icons are gonna be in the game (Or what has been shown now), I'll take a look through it. If not, I'll still think it's pretty dumb. (And probably be crabby about it still)

Edit: One last thing came to mind. One good reason that this game didn't make the Console Launch date (Probably just for Sakurai) is that they'd have more games that are already released on the Wii, and thus, game saves that SSBB can look for and create unlockables. Maybe they'll be trophies for Super Mario Galaxy?

Author:  Joshi [ October 30th, 2007, 4:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Brawl Update Discussion Thread

There could have been trophies for Galaxy because that would have come out first anyway. :P

As for icon proof, what about that fact that they are, at the least, pretty clearly organised by the Smash game they debuted in? And they do appear to be in SOME order, whether it's alphebetical or just the order the designers decided that, yes, X should be in the game (As opposed to when they were first revealed).

I don't see why there wouldn't be bosses in Classic :< Melee's Classic had 'em!
Quote:
CLASSIC MODE IS IN

SMASH THE TARGETS/something else that is not 'grab the trophies' i mean that was just gay/RACE TO THE FINISH IS BACK

!@#$% YEAH RACE TO THE FINISH

So smash gets it's own forum, does it? I can't say this wasn't expected.
..Race to the Finish isn't confirmed.


Also! I find the lack of random bonuses on the Stage Complete screen sad. :< Hopefully they are still in

Author:  Disaster [ October 30th, 2007, 5:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Brawl Update Discussion Thread

Quote:
Oh, and one last thing... I was wondering about the whole "Character Probability through Icons" thing, as mentioned in the now-dead thread... If anybody has any solid evidence, or at least some data to help back up the reason why we should pay attention to how many icons are gonna be in the game (Or what has been shown now), I'll take a look through it. If not, I'll still think it's pretty dumb. (And probably be crabby about it still)
I can probably make a thread about this?

I'm the one that is getting overanalytical in stuff, the icon numbering most definitely.

Page 1 of 106 All times are UTC-04:00
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
https://www.phpbb.com/