tldr version wrote:
Don't harass, insult, pottymouth, or offend people.
Don't advertise, spam, or post very many very worthless messages.
Don't impersonate other members or sign up for more than one account.
The Big Rule
Don't be inappropriate. This includes harassment, mean/rude behaviour, pornography, vulgarities, etc. "Mean behaviour" constitutes anything that makes another member feel bad or belittled, and we trust your judgment as to what you will post--we're all here to have fun, and nobody should be interfering with anyone else's ability to do so.
This includes passive-aggression and passive-aggressive remarks directed towards staff members.
If anyone is offending you or being extremely offensive/showing a startling lack of common sense, they may be reported to any admin and, in some cases, be instantly banned. In the worst cases, they may be reported to their internet provider!
Applies to private messages, posts, signatures, everything. Just be thoughtful if your actions. =)
Currently the word filters don't affect language in user profiles. So please try to be mature about what you put in there, and refrain from cursing.
This also applies to images to images, I'm afraid. If your image has swearing in it, please provide a hyperlink and a warning instead. I know it sort of ruins everything, but a few of the younger members (there are a handful who are even too young to sign up but enjoy browsing) whose parents are over their shoulders will really appreciate it. =)
- You may have one, and only one, account, though if you hate the name you signed up with, we can always change it.
- If you have family members, friends, etc. that use your computer and want their own account, please post in the greeting forum or let an admin know.
- You are responsible for all things done with your account. If you are sharing an account with someone else, you are responsible for their actions in addition to your own.
- Do not create another account to bypass a ban. This will result in an IP ban, which is permanent. Likewise, do not create accounts to impersonate people.
Your avatar, signature, and profile are yours to do what you want with. The only things we ask:
- Please limit your avatar to be no more than 200 by 200 pixels, and be 59kb in size or less.
- Please keep sig images within 500 width x 300 height, and keep your signature content as limited as possible. Signatures should not exceed 200k. Imagine, if someone on dialup has to load a topic with 20 replies, and each had a signature of 200k. That would be torture.
- You may advertise in your signature, and only in your signature.
Posting Rules, Private Messages
- If you have a super-large image, link to the image rather than posting it in the topic.
- Please don't spam. It does not matter what your post count is, quality not quantity. If you are excessively spamming, one word posts, double posting irrelevant things, etc. your counts will drop as your posts and topics are deleted, and your post count can be reset. In addition, you can rack up warning points really fast.
- No 'backseat modding'. As in acting as an authority when you are not. We appreciate the help, but relax, and enjoy the forums. The mods and admins are here to take care of that. In addition, you may pass off false information.
Warning Points and Bans
You can receive up to 3 warning points if any of the more serious rules are broken.
- 1st Warning Point = Simple warning. Spamming, swearing, insulting others -- you know the rules. =)
- 2nd Warning Point = Loss of avatar and signature privileges.
- 3rd Warning Point = Temp ban for two weeks.
It takes one month for each individual warning point to expire. Only 1 point shall be given for each occasion. Warning points are not a big deal, so don't go whining! ;)