Kirby's Rainbow Resort

Back to life so many times we should get our own comic~!
It is currently February 25th, 2021, 9:06 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
ide
PostPosted: September 16th, 2011, 1:05 am 
Son of Wind Male
Son of Wind

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
Sorry faram, gigi has done the work before, so she will do the hardcoding. If i need you i will contact you.

ide
PostPosted: September 16th, 2011, 7:10 pm 
Son of Wind Male
Son of Wind

For any who are wondering, I will include a "subtitle progress" meter in my signature. I will update it as I progress.

ide
PostPosted: September 20th, 2011, 12:57 pm 
Li'l Traveler A_mystery
Li'l Traveler

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Adventure
Good thing that I tried this beforehand.
I'm having problems with hardsubbing with VirtualDubMod. The thing is that VDM (or VD) doesn't support .mp4 files, which is the format the episodes are in. I managed to patch VDM so that it does open .mp4 files but the video is off sync. I mean that in original file audio and video are in sync but when I open the file in VDM, they get off. And it's the video that runs too slow. Episode is originally 24.376 fps (not sure about the last two numbers but it doesn't matter) but VDM claims the video is 25fps. When I set subtitles on 25fps, they go along with audio but not with video. I've already tried everything, different codec and changing the frame rate but with no results.
I wouldn't want to convert the video to .avi which would lower the quality a lot. Any ideas how to fix the problem or any suggestions for convertion that doesn't affect the quality? Or if you know an another hardsubbing program that supports .mp4, please feel free to tell me.

(Oh yeah, I'm not referring to the actual sub. They are openings and endings that I made, both in English and Japanese with the already existing translation. The point making them separately is that they can be used in other episodes too. This will save a lot of time and they will be much easier to edit.)

ide
PostPosted: September 20th, 2011, 6:31 pm 
Son of Wind Male
Son of Wind

Ive encoded the files to avi to work with, because I knew you used VDM and needed avi. Should have communicated that I guess :).

ide
PostPosted: September 24th, 2011, 1:05 pm 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

Quote:
Quote:
You didn't even upload a SINGLE new subbed episode ALL SUMMER long! It's now Labor Day, and absolutely nothing's happened at all.
Would you like some cheese with your whine? Seriously, if all you're going to do is complain, then either do something about it or leave your selfish comments to yourself.
:mad: If I hear you say the words "cheese" and "whine" one more time, I'm expelling myself from this forum.

ide
PostPosted: September 24th, 2011, 2:30 pm 
Simirror Male
Simirror

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star Ultra
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow... It's getting pretty congested up here though.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You didn't even upload a SINGLE new subbed episode ALL SUMMER long! It's now Labor Day, and absolutely nothing's happened at all.
Would you like some cheese with your whine? Seriously, if all you're going to do is complain, then either do something about it or leave your selfish comments to yourself.
:mad: If I hear you say the words "cheese" and "whine" one more time, I'm expelling myself from this forum.
lol You're getting worked up over something as silly as that? Really?

Perhaps what I said was a tad bit blunt, but I think your selfish and rude comments justifies it. If you aren't going to do anything other then complain (and it's not even worthwhile criticism either), then do everyone a favor and don't. It's not helpful and, quite frankly, it's annoying. These people do have lives outside of the Internet, ya know. They choose to do this type of thing during their free-time, not even asking for anything in return, and things do come up that take higher priority. You don't like it? That's life.

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Carnival Phantasm (ep. 8), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Ben-Tou (ep. 9, ulgh...), Shinryaku!? Ika Musume (ep. 5)
Reading: nothing

ide
PostPosted: September 24th, 2011, 2:40 pm 
Li'l Traveler A_mystery
Li'l Traveler

Ugh, please stop arguing, will we? You don't always have to agree with other people but let's not irritate each other even more, it would be a pity if any of our members left because of a silly word fight.
To the point...
I finally solved a problem I had with VDM filters displaying ☆ properly (now translation looks exactly like original lyrics). I fought for hours (even days) with it, and finally realized that all I needed to do was change coding from UTF-8 to Unicode. *hides to a corner because of embarrassment*. If Ness has taken care of converting .mp4 to .avi without quality loss... everything should be okay after I fix opening/ending timings.
I really try my best and hope that you appreciate it. :smile:

ide
PostPosted: September 24th, 2011, 2:49 pm 
Simirror Male
Simirror

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow... It's getting pretty congested up here though.
Hardly what I'd call an argument (argument would imply that there is a clash of opinions, which there is not), but whateves. I wished to make a point, whether he choose to acknowledge that or not is not my problem or concern.

That's... good to hear I guess? I'm not too savvy regarding this type of stuff, so pardon my ignorance on the matter.

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Carnival Phantasm (ep. 8), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Ben-Tou (ep. 9, ulgh...), Shinryaku!? Ika Musume (ep. 5)

ide
PostPosted: September 25th, 2011, 3:10 am 
Swift Hunter Female
Swift Hunter

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Air Ride
Uh, I'm sorry, the subbing hasn't progressed very much so I eventually forgot to check these forums...
But shall I do the openings/endings?

ide
PostPosted: September 25th, 2011, 7:35 am 
Li'l Traveler A_mystery
Li'l Traveler

No need to, I've already taken care of it. I just need to fix timing for like 5 lines.
Unfortunately there is nothing for you to do this time unless you can do karaoke subtitles. I was about to do them but what I read was that they are really hard to make and need lot of practice.

ide
PostPosted: September 26th, 2011, 12:40 am 
Son of Wind Male
Son of Wind

Ok, it happened again. I fell WAY behind my promised deadline. Unfortunately, since school has started Ive been really busy, so this may take awhile. I hate to say this, since i hate when others say this, but I'm moving the ETC to "When Its Done". Hopefully sooner than later.

ide
PostPosted: September 26th, 2011, 7:11 am 
Forum Moderator Male
Forum Moderator

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Planet Robobot
Welcome to my world.

Enjoy your stay!

ide
PostPosted: September 26th, 2011, 7:41 am 
Li'l Traveler A_mystery
Li'l Traveler

We will never forgive you. Thous shall be abandoned from our sacred society for eternity.

ide
PostPosted: September 26th, 2011, 10:26 am 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land
Geez, you're such a let down Ness199x. I can't believe you're so unreliable. I mean, it's only school. What's more important, you're edjacayshun or me watching Kirby? Huh?? Ridiculous.

:P

ide
PostPosted: September 26th, 2011, 11:19 am 
Simirror Male
Simirror

Quote:
Geez, you're such a let down Ness199x. I can't believe you're so unreliable. I mean, it's only school. What's more important, you're edjacayshun or me watching Kirby? Huh?? Ridiculous.

This made me chuckle.

Honestly, I wouldn't even bother with deadlines outside of "it's done when it's done". Most of us understand that real-life gets in the way of things a good portion of the time. Just do what you can, when you can, when you want to.

ide
PostPosted: September 26th, 2011, 6:10 pm 
Son of Wind Male
Son of Wind

Quote:

LOLZ. But seriously, it should be done soon.

ide
PostPosted: September 27th, 2011, 8:44 am 
Li'l Traveler A_mystery
Li'l Traveler

Errr. Maybe I shouldn't mention that I've an exam week going on (I've an exam each day for 6 days) and what am I doing? Chilling here and not reading a bit. No worries, I wouldn't learn anything by reading. Although I had to finish an essay by yesterday. Meh, still haven't done it.

ide
PostPosted: October 6th, 2011, 8:37 pm 
Puff in Training Male
Puff in Training

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 3
Soooooo where's episode 68 Not buggin or anything but where is 68

ide
PostPosted: October 17th, 2011, 11:18 pm 
Forum Moderator Male
Forum Moderator

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Planet Robobot
right here

ide
PostPosted: October 18th, 2011, 5:51 pm 
Puff in Training Male
Puff in Training

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 3
so is there a download for episode 71 without parts?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next