Kirby's Rainbow Resort

Welcome back, Kirby fans. We missed us.
It is currently October 21st, 2019, 6:16 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 570 posts ]  Go to page Previous 124 25 26 27 28 29 Next
ide
PostPosted: December 23rd, 2011, 12:07 am 
Quick, do walk the dog. ... wait that's the lamest trick in the book. Male
Quick, do walk the dog. ... wait that's the lamest trick in the book.

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Canvas Curse
I'll reserve judgement on my favorite/least favorite games, as I haven't played very many, but right now my favorite is Super Star Ultra.

It's hard to decide a favorite ability, but I think my top 5 are beam, bomb, hammer, sword, and ninja.

@voice actor: I swear, he shoulda been the narrator for a documentary or something!

ide
PostPosted: December 25th, 2011, 7:11 pm 
Puff in Training Female
Puff in Training

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star Ultra
I know more Kirby games then I have played myself (Thanks to Let's Plays ^^) but in every Kirby game I have played two of my favourite abilitys always are Sword and Wing. (Which is also one of the reasons why I love playing as Meta Knight in Kirbys Return to Dreamland aka Kirbys Aventure Wii XD)
I've also grown fond of Mirror in Kirbys Super Star (Ultra) after a while. I did not like it much at first but now I think it's actually quite usefull and fun =D Parasoll too is an ability I like but I don't use it as often.
As for abilitys I don't like...hm...Depends on the situation, really. Maybe needle and High-Jump. Bothe are usefull but I tend to use them only if I have to.

I wouldn't dare to name a game as my favourite just yet (tough I'm pretty sure my thoughts so far won't change on this even after I've played a few more games) but from all the games I do know I would say my least favourite is Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards. I don't know what it is, it just feels...odd.

ide
PostPosted: December 26th, 2011, 7:15 am 
This is my hammer. There are others like it, but this one is mine. Female
This is my hammer. There are others like it, but this one is mine.

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Return to Dream Land
My favorite game at the moment is Super Star. Though it is a great game, it's my favorite simply because of nostalgia. It was the first Kirby game I ever played. I love the memories of playing it with the eldest of my younger brothers when were both little. I actually cried when we beat the game out of a combination of the joy of victory and a job well done, and the depressing realization that there was no more adventure to be had. Return to Dream Land is currently my second favorite game. I've been playing through that with my younger twin brothers, building more memories to reflect on years from now...

For least favorite, that's a hard choice, but I guess I'll go with Dream Course only because I suck at it as much as I do real-life golf.

My favorite ability, by far, is Hammer (hence my avatar choice :P). I also really like Yo-Yo, Fighter, Leaf, Parasol, Wing, Cook, and Paint.

My least favorites are Jet, Wheel, Stone, and Sleep.

"Together through thick and thin
As though they're of the same flesh and blood
The bond between shinobi master and pupil
As solid as steel that no sword or arrow can pierce"

ide
PostPosted: December 28th, 2011, 12:23 am 
Quick, do walk the dog. ... wait that's the lamest trick in the book. Male
Quick, do walk the dog. ... wait that's the lamest trick in the book.

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Canvas Curse
Okay, never mind. I got Mass Attack for Christmas, and now it's my official favorite. YAY it's really fun, and I like its originality.

ide
 Post subject: Re: Whats most helpful
PostPosted: January 9th, 2012, 7:41 am 
Puff in Training Male
Puff in Training

SPARK FROM KRtDL 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!11!111!11111`11
Also stone from KSS/KSSU

ide
 Post subject: Re: Whats most helpful
PostPosted: January 9th, 2012, 1:31 pm 
Blade Knight Male
Blade Knight

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star Ultra
There is already a topic for this.

ide
PostPosted: January 11th, 2012, 4:36 pm 
Water Drop A_mystery
Water Drop

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Triple Deluxe
I really think Super Star Ultra is my favorite, but Returns to Dreamland is tailing very closely. As of copy ability ninja wins hands down.

ide
PostPosted: January 23rd, 2012, 8:08 am 
AGH, IT'S A NUKE. GET IN THE CHOPPA Male
AGH, IT'S A NUKE. GET IN THE CHOPPA

Favorite Copy Ability: Ultra Sword. Here are 2 good reasons why: 1. I got Galixia with it once, 2. YOU GET TO BATTLE MINI BOSSES WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Least Favorite Copy Ability: Sleep.

Favorite Game: Kirby's Return To Dreamland.

Least Favorite Game: Kirby Canvas Curse, maybe.

ide
PostPosted: January 23rd, 2012, 8:25 pm 
Son of Wind Female
Son of Wind

nintendofan012 wrote:
Epic yarn it's a great game too, but it had the LAMEST storyline EVER!
Also the narrator voice was annoying.
His lines were sooo stupid.
Really, this game has some of the worst dialog i've ever seen!
"Sorry Kirby, i blame the yarn" :mksweat:
(insert facepalm here)

Okay I know this a late response, but I am so glad someone agrees with me about that line. That's why I'm edgy about buying the game. Though I will admit as much as the line is horrible it is for some reason addicting to say.

Sila Knight's RP Character Chart

ide
PostPosted: January 23rd, 2012, 9:11 pm 
WAR! What it isn't good for. HUNH A_mystery
WAR! What it isn't good for. HUNH

Wait. That line is why you don't want to buy the game? A single line of dialogue. In a Kirby game.

Even if the story is why you don't want to buy it...I...Epic Yarn's storyline was better than the story of SqSq, WWDB, KDL, KMA, KCC and even MWW. I'm saying this, and I have kind of built up a reputation for being harsh on epic yarn for some strange reason.

On top of that, there is literally no Kirby game to date with a story that is actually well-written. Some are displayed well or paced effectively, but even then they're games like RoMK or K64, where the story really is just "Kirby goes to this place, then this place, then this place, in order to carry out a relatively simple goal. Epic Yarn was a good game. Not a fantastic game, or the best Kirby game, but definitely a good game, and I feel like it was most certainly worth the fifty bucks I paid for it, let alone the 25 bucks it's probably worth now.

I dunno, I'm not gonna say that you're wrong for not buying it if you aren't interested, but saying that the story being bad is why you didn't buy it is just...pretty much the worst reason to not buy a Kirby game. Or really a sidescrolling platformer, since it isn't...well...anyway...

After saying that, I'll go on to say that KEY has some of the lowest replay value of a Kirby platformer, since there really isn't much incentive to go out there and collect everything after you've unlocked all the bonus levels (furnishing kirby's yarn house is not my idea of fun), that it doesn't play like a Kirby game, so if you are really big on the float/inhale/copy gameplay I can understand wanting to skip this one, and that the lack of difficulty (regardless of what people try to say to the contrary) really does hurt the game, even if it's in the Kirby series. And all of those are very legitimate reasons not to want the game. The story being bad? not so much.

DUN DUN DAAAAH

ide
PostPosted: January 23rd, 2012, 9:15 pm 
Son of Wind Female
Son of Wind

mamthew wrote:
Wait. That line is why you don't want to buy the game? A single line of dialogue. In a Kirby game.

Even if the story is why you don't want to buy it...I...Epic Yarn's storyline was better than the story of SqSq, WWDB, KDL, KMA, KCC and even MWW. I'm saying this, and I have kind of built up a reputation for being harsh on epic yarn for some strange reason.

On top of that, there is literally no Kirby game to date with a story that is actually well-written. Some are displayed well or paced effectively, but even then they're games like RoMK or K64, where the story really is just "Kirby goes to this place, then this place, then this place, in order to carry out a relatively simple goal. Epic Yarn was a good game. Not a fantastic game, or the best Kirby game, but definitely a good game, and I feel like it was most certainly worth the fifty bucks I paid for it, let alone the 25 bucks it's probably worth now.

I dunno, I'm not gonna say that you're wrong for not buying it if you aren't interested, but saying that the story being bad is why you didn't buy it is just...pretty much the worst reason to not buy a Kirby game. Or really a sidescrolling platformer, since it isn't...well...anyway...

After saying that, I'll go on to say that KEY has some of the lowest replay value of a Kirby platformer, since there really isn't much incentive to go out there and collect everything after you've unlocked all the bonus levels (furnishing kirby's yarn house is not my idea of fun), that it doesn't play like a Kirby game, so if you are really big on the float/inhale/copy gameplay I can understand wanting to skip this one, and that the lack of difficulty (regardless of what people try to say to the contrary) really does hurt the game, even if it's in the Kirby series. And all of those are very legitimate reasons not to want the game. The story being bad? not so much.

Well not just that one line. Actually all of Meta Knight's lines in that game. Though I am slowly getting over it and thinking about getting it. Kirby's cuteness can overcome even the worst of details in my opinion.

ide
PostPosted: January 23rd, 2012, 9:24 pm 
.:DWN-077:. A_mystery
.:DWN-077:.

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 3
Something a fictional character says should not influence your decision to play Epic Yarn.

I've played Epic Yarn start to finish. Granted, generally ALL of the Kirby games have rather lacking storylines, so that's why I stopped caring about Kirby when it came to storyline. I play to have fun, the game is adorable, the music is absolutely charming, it's a very enjoyable game for everyone who just wants something simple to play.
Really, Meta Knight does not have that much of an impact on the game, so really...

It's a good game, don't be so picky.

ide
PostPosted: January 23rd, 2012, 9:34 pm 
Son of Wind Female
Son of Wind

Did you read my second post all the way through? I said I was slowly getting over it. I am not a picky person. I'm not saying I hate Kirby's Epic Yarn, it's think it's cute. I just need to get over those lines which I repeat am slowly getting over. The same thing happened to me with the Looney Toons show, at first I was edgy because of their new looks, but then I got over it. So once again I saw I am not picky, I just have to get use to things.

ide
PostPosted: February 27th, 2012, 6:45 pm 
Water Drop Male
Water Drop

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Adventure
My favorite game is a three-way tie between Adventure/NMID, 64, and Amazing Mirror. Adventure/NMID because it's so well-crafted artistically and gameplay wise, I've gone through both the main game and Metaknightmare tons of times. Amazing Mirror likewise, but also taking it a step further in terms of difficulty and level design by making the game more open-ended, taking the elements from Super Star that most suited each ability without forcing every ability to be "conventional" or adding in an easy-mode guard function. Crystal Shards is a one-of-a-kind; the ability mixing is genius, the music is incredible, and the 2.5d twisting and turning sets the game apart aesthetically from other sidescrollers, something that I wished was in KRtDL.

Least favorite title would have to be Squeak Squad. It's not terrible, just disappointing. Too easy, really doesn't feel like a lot of content even with the new stuff it added, the squeak minibosses are boring. It's a shame too, because it did have a lot of good ideas.

Favorite ability: Sword for a lot of the games, just a really nice bread-and-butter ability. Fighter and Smash are awesome fun in Amazing Mirror, Ninja's pretty cool in the games it's appeared in. 64's WHOPWHOPWHOP-WHOP-WHOP light saber, and the fridge of death. Return's Cutter is pure game-design 101, so much depth in that weapon, and it has a great charge ability. It's the one weapon in True Arena where I feel like I'm testing my skill without crippling myself with a bad ability.

Least favorite ability? Tornado. Feels so easy mode, especially on bosses, and it's not even that interesting of an ability.

EDIT: Bomb. I've always liked bomb. I'm not so into it nowadays, but the controllable arc has always been fun to take advantage of.

ide
PostPosted: March 28th, 2012, 7:52 am 
AGH, IT'S A NUKE. GET IN THE CHOPPA Male
AGH, IT'S A NUKE. GET IN THE CHOPPA

nintendofan012 wrote:
"Sorry Kirby, i blame the yarn"

"Sorry Kirby, I blame this one line"

ide
PostPosted: March 29th, 2012, 11:15 am 

one line?

Really?

a single line.

Man I hope you haven't played Avalanche.

DUN DUN DAAAAH

ide
PostPosted: March 29th, 2012, 11:58 am 
Forum Moderator Male
Forum Moderator

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Planet Robobot
Star Stacker & Revenge of Meta Knight/The King.

ide
PostPosted: March 29th, 2012, 12:18 pm 
Water Drop Male
Water Drop

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land
"This grass feels funny," Kirby thought. "It feels like... pants."

I personally think they were going for a humorous "so bad it's good" feel with Epic Yarn's dialogue. The narrator helps.

With that said, my favorite Kirby game is Mass Attack; catchy soundtrack, long and difficult, cool boss fights, and cameos from older bosses like Dark Matter and Necrodeus's older brother Nightmare. My favorite ability overall is Sword, but there are a lot of others; they change the effectiveness of the abilities from game to game, so ones I don't like sometimes I love at other times. Even Sleep, which used to aggravate me when I was little.

I will say I use Plasma, Cutter, Laser, and Beam the least. They're all pretty weak and only have certain places where they're truly useful.

I don't have a least favorite game...well, maybe I do, but it's a minigame from Mass Attack. I can't stand that whack-a-mole thing. The soundtrack irritates me for some reason.

ide
PostPosted: April 3rd, 2012, 11:17 am 

VagrantDreamlander wrote:
I use Plasma, Cutter, Laser, and Beam the least. They're all pretty weak and only have certain places where they're truly useful.

Plasma is one of the strongest abilities in the game. Are you charging it up when using it?

DUN DUN DAAAAH

ide
PostPosted: April 3rd, 2012, 5:47 pm 
Water Drop Male
Water Drop

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land
Quote:
Plasma is one of the strongest abilities in the game. Are you charging it up when using it?

Yeah, but that's just it. You have to charge it, and I don't want to take the time/give myself carpal tunnel syndrome to get a more-powerful charged attack.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 570 posts ]  Go to page Previous 124 25 26 27 28 29 Next