Kirby's Rainbow Resort

Welcome back, Kirby fans. We missed us.
It is currently October 21st, 2019, 6:15 pm

All times are UTC-04:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 69 Next
ide
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: December 24th, 2006, 2:45 pm 
Offline
Li'l Traveler Male
Li'l Traveler

Joined: December 12th, 2006, 7:49 pm
Posts: 174
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star Ultra
Location: /amwhyshouldItellyou?
Uhh, don't quite know if I should ask this here, but...
Do any of you mind I use the Dark Swordsman pic for my avatar?

Also, I was looking at Nightmare's Wiki article, and it states: As a result, Nightmare tries to get the Star Rod, but Kirby uses it to fight Nightmare.

Okay, but from what I've seen, Nightmare simply knocks it out of the fountain and flies off, leaving it where Kirby can get at it.

And in the "Bosses" Article: In that game, many fans refer to Adeleine as a boy, since she looks a lot like a boy in that game, but the one in Kirby's Dream Land 3 and the one in Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards are in fact the same character.

I could've sword that they were different due to their names.
I might be wrong though.

The Box Boxer sub article states this: Inhale him for a stronger Fighter ability.

The fighter ability you get from Box Boxer is no stronger than if you had gotten it from the respective small baddie.

The Mr. Frosty sub article states this: his name was changed to "Mr. Flatsy" due to a translation error.

:shock: Uhh, it was supposed to be Mr. Flosty, right? :shock:

That is all, sorry if it sounds like nit-picking. (^^;)

_________________
Image


Top
   
ide
 Post subject:
PostPosted: December 26th, 2006, 10:59 am 
Offline
Puff in Training
Puff in Training

Joined: December 24th, 2006, 10:33 pm
Posts: 5
I don't do Wikipedia, I just look at the stuff.


Top
   
ide
 Post subject:
PostPosted: December 26th, 2006, 3:28 pm 
Offline
Watch out, I bite! Male
Watch out, I bite!
User avatar

Joined: October 7th, 2003, 2:51 pm
Posts: 3313
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star Ultra
Location: NY
Obsidian Knight wrote:
Uhh, don't quite know if I should ask this here, but...
Do any of you mind I use the Dark Swordsman pic for my avatar?

Also, I was looking at Nightmare's Wiki article, and it states: As a result, Nightmare tries to get the Star Rod, but Kirby uses it to fight Nightmare.

Okay, but from what I've seen, Nightmare simply knocks it out of the fountain and flies off, leaving it where Kirby can get at it.

And in the "Bosses" Article: In that game, many fans refer to Adeleine as a boy, since she looks a lot like a boy in that game, but the one in Kirby's Dream Land 3 and the one in Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards are in fact the same character.

I could've sword that they were different due to their names.
I might be wrong though.

The Box Boxer sub article states this: Inhale him for a stronger Fighter ability.

The fighter ability you get from Box Boxer is no stronger than if you had gotten it from the respective small baddie.

The Mr. Frosty sub article states this: his name was changed to "Mr. Flatsy" due to a translation error.

:shock: Uhh, it was supposed to be Mr. Flosty, right? :shock:

That is all, sorry if it sounds like nit-picking. (^^;)

Nitpicking makes the wiki world go round though!

Personally. I think there ought to be a sub article on the model adjustments Kirby's gone through over the years. If not that then at least an image of compiled sprites.


Top
   
ide
 Post subject:
PostPosted: December 30th, 2006, 2:43 am 
Offline
o Ao b Male
o Ao b
User avatar

Joined: July 1st, 2005, 11:21 am
Posts: 1861
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 2
Um, has anyone else noticed somebody going around all of the Kirby articles and changing 'shoes' to 'feet'?

They say they're making the changes because 'it says so in the manga', and 'it's the closest to official source'... :???:


Unless someone can back this up, I'm just plain confused. TT_TT


Top
   
ide
 Post subject:
PostPosted: December 30th, 2006, 12:07 pm 
BANNED!
BANNED!
Disaster Kirby wrote:
Um, has anyone else noticed somebody going around all of the Kirby articles and changing 'shoes' to 'feet'?

They say they're making the changes because 'it says so in the manga', and 'it's the closest to official source'... :???:


Unless someone can back this up, I'm just plain confused. TT_TT
It's KF103 I bet and he is entirely retarded and wrong!!


Top
   
ide
 Post subject:
PostPosted: December 30th, 2006, 3:12 pm 
Offline
Final Star Female
Final Star

Joined: October 7th, 2003, 7:41 pm
Posts: 2130
Location: Behind you
We don't have anything official on whether they're shoes OR feet. o_o The only time it looks like shoes is the original Popopo art, but not since then. There's no way to say for sure.

_________________
˙llɐ ʇɐ ʇɥƃıɹ ʇou s,ʇɐɥʇ 'uʍop-ǝpısdn sı ǝɹnʇɐuƃıs sıɥʇ 'ʎǝɥ


Top
   
ide
 Post subject:
PostPosted: January 21st, 2007, 4:48 pm 
Offline
Final Star Female
Final Star

Joined: October 7th, 2003, 7:41 pm
Posts: 2130
Location: Behind you
Oh goddamnit.


Now I have people trying to use f**** up 'logic' to 'prove' that Kirby isn't named after the lawyer, despite the fact I ASKED the guy and he said it was true. :|

_________________
˙llɐ ʇɐ ʇɥƃıɹ ʇou s,ʇɐɥʇ 'uʍop-ǝpısdn sı ǝɹnʇɐuƃıs sıɥʇ 'ʎǝɥ


Top
   
ide
 Post subject:
PostPosted: January 21st, 2007, 5:31 pm 
Offline
Kirby's Motorbike. Male
Kirby's Motorbike.

Joined: January 11th, 2007, 10:08 pm
Posts: 933
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star Ultra
Location: Anywhere were there's chocolate!
Everyone knows that people hack into wikipedia and mack it wrong! e.x. "Earth is the closest planet to the sun" Obviosly, that's not true!

_________________
Image
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage


Top
   
ide
 Post subject:
PostPosted: January 21st, 2007, 6:17 pm 
Offline
Li'l Traveler Male
Li'l Traveler

Joined: May 15th, 2006, 8:18 am
Posts: 186
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Squeak Squad
Location: New York, NY
Ivyna J Spyder wrote:
Oh goddamnit.


Now I have people trying to use f**** up 'logic' to 'prove' that Kirby isn't named after the lawyer, despite the fact I ASKED the guy and he said it was true. :|


Hmm....I hear that Kirby was named after that guy AND the vacuum cleaner.

_________________
Image
#1 Kirby Fan!


Top
   
ide
 Post subject:
PostPosted: January 23rd, 2007, 1:29 pm 
Offline
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

Joined: August 21st, 2005, 12:25 pm
Posts: 288
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 3
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squeak_Squad_World

Kirby Squeak Squad World is the coolest place to be!

_________________
Really outdated signature?


Top
   
ide
 Post subject:
PostPosted: January 23rd, 2007, 1:54 pm 
Offline
Final Star Female
Final Star

Joined: October 7th, 2003, 7:41 pm
Posts: 2130
Location: Behind you
BlasterBoy wrote:
Ivyna J Spyder wrote:
Oh goddamnit.


Now I have people trying to use f**** up 'logic' to 'prove' that Kirby isn't named after the lawyer, despite the fact I ASKED the guy and he said it was true. :|


Hmm....I hear that Kirby was named after that guy AND the vacuum cleaner.



The vaccuum is a coincidence. He was really named after the lawyer.

_________________
˙llɐ ʇɐ ʇɥƃıɹ ʇou s,ʇɐɥʇ 'uʍop-ǝpısdn sı ǝɹnʇɐuƃıs sıɥʇ 'ʎǝɥ


Top
   
ide
 Post subject:
PostPosted: January 23rd, 2007, 3:38 pm 
Offline
Li'l Traveler Male
Li'l Traveler

Joined: December 12th, 2006, 7:49 pm
Posts: 174
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star Ultra
Location: /amwhyshouldItellyou?
Ivyna J Spyder wrote:
BlasterBoy wrote:
Ivyna J Spyder wrote:
Oh goddamnit.


Now I have people trying to use f**** up 'logic' to 'prove' that Kirby isn't named after the lawyer, despite the fact I ASKED the guy and he said it was true. :|


Hmm....I hear that Kirby was named after that guy AND the vacuum cleaner.



The vaccuum is a coincidence. He was really named after the lawyer.


*Floats in dressed as Dark Swordsman*

Are you done arguing yet?

>.>
<.<

I think I'm going to go try to nitpick Wiki more...

_________________
Image


Top
   
ide
 Post subject:
PostPosted: January 23rd, 2007, 3:51 pm 
Offline
Shooting Star Male
Shooting Star

Joined: September 28th, 2004, 7:05 pm
Posts: 1121
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Adventure
Location: Not at KRR (basically a lie)
Akruru wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squeak_Squad_World

Kirby Squeak Squad World is the coolest place to be!

I deleted the first 2 sentences of the description! No I don't care if it's breaking the rules there or something. It was disturbing me too much.

I'm too lazy to figure out how but the title should be changed to Squeak Squad levels.

_________________
Vermouth wrote:
We can be both God and the Devil. Since we are trying to raise the dead against the stream of time.



VG Song of the Week: A song from a video game
Currently Playing: Some video games. Probably Wii, 360 and/or DS games.


Top
   
ide
 Post subject:
PostPosted: January 23rd, 2007, 3:54 pm 
Offline
o Ao b Male
o Ao b
User avatar

Joined: July 1st, 2005, 11:21 am
Posts: 1861
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 2
Hmm, we should try to get a group started here, to oversee and maintain the Kirby Wikipedia articles, or something like that.

From what I can tell, specifically ArrEmmDee, Ivy and I have been the only ones that have seriously been making sure that none of the articles get borked up by random passerbys that know nothing about what they're doing. (Although there's the occasional forum-goer that helps out, like Akruru with that lame Squeak World article.)

Anyone that's willing to help the cause on a regular basis would be apprieciated, just as long as you know what you're doing. (^v^)

(Honestly, some of the reverts I've had to make recently are pretty lame. And you can't revert a single article more than twice a day, or else you'll be blocked for 24 hours. (:X) )


Top
   
ide
 Post subject:
PostPosted: January 23rd, 2007, 4:14 pm 
Offline
Final Star Female
Final Star

Joined: October 7th, 2003, 7:41 pm
Posts: 2130
Location: Behind you
Don't worry, once the Kirbypedia is up and running...

_________________
˙llɐ ʇɐ ʇɥƃıɹ ʇou s,ʇɐɥʇ 'uʍop-ǝpısdn sı ǝɹnʇɐuƃıs sıɥʇ 'ʎǝɥ


Top
   
ide
 Post subject:
PostPosted: January 23rd, 2007, 4:22 pm 
Offline
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

Joined: August 21st, 2005, 12:25 pm
Posts: 288
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 3
I've been checking the enemies article occasionanlly too.. I guess I should probably check more of the articles. :/

_________________
Really outdated signature?


Top
   
ide
 Post subject:
PostPosted: February 20th, 2007, 10:22 pm 
Offline
o Ao b Male
o Ao b
User avatar

Joined: July 1st, 2005, 11:21 am
Posts: 1861
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 2
Augh, what does that idiot ALttP think he's doing to the Kirby enemies list?

Not only did he move ALL of the 'major' enemies' info to this one page (and the list of mini-bosses as well), what makes him think that he can go and remove the enemies from the list that have only appeared in a single game? :gonkkirby:

Edit: Even worse, the idiot went and deleted some enemies that have appeared in more than one game. :|


Top
   
ide
 Post subject:
PostPosted: February 20th, 2007, 10:49 pm 
Offline
Final Star Female
Final Star

Joined: October 7th, 2003, 7:41 pm
Posts: 2130
Location: Behind you
Reverted as well. If he thinks it's too long, he should split it into smaller pages, not delete information as he sees fit.

_________________
˙llɐ ʇɐ ʇɥƃıɹ ʇou s,ʇɐɥʇ 'uʍop-ǝpısdn sı ǝɹnʇɐuƃıs sıɥʇ 'ʎǝɥ


Top
   
ide
 Post subject:
PostPosted: February 20th, 2007, 10:55 pm 
Offline
Life, the universe, and everything. Male
Life, the universe, and everything.

Joined: February 17th, 2007, 12:12 pm
Posts: 42
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star Ultra
Location: Underwear. I just made you say "under there".
Quote:
It's another day in Dream Land and Kirby is about to enjoy a picnic with a strawberry shortcake. Suddenly, something very quickly snatches the food, and Kirby, seeing that his cake is gone, thinks for a moment. Suddenly, he realizes that his rival, [[King Dedede]], has stolen his cake, and rushes off to punish him once more and get his cake back. Along the way, he finds some treasures, and also meets up with the gang of thieves known as the [[The Squeaks|Squeak Squad]] (or Squeaks; in the Japanese version, they are known as the "Dorocche Dan"), who turn out to be after those treasures. After Kirby makes it to Dedede's castle and defeats Dedede, the Squeak Squad takes them by surprise and steals the treasure from Dedede, which they consider as the treasure that "grants you the ultimate power". The Squeaks attempt to run off with the treasure, but a furious King Dedede grabs Kirby and throws him at the Squeak Squad, knocking all of them into a large pit (which seemingly appears out of nowhere). From there, it's up to Kirby to defeat the Squeaks no matter what it takes, beat them to the treasures they're after, and get his shortcake back at whatever cost!


Not very encyclopedic, ay? I've placed a template on there, to alert people about it.

EDIT: And about the Kirby 64 article... talk about messy. Someone get the Wikipedia editors, STAT.

_________________
ImageImageImage

Image
What is love?


Last edited by MonoKrome on February 20th, 2007, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
   
ide
 Post subject:
PostPosted: February 20th, 2007, 10:56 pm 
Offline
Final Star Female
Final Star

Joined: October 7th, 2003, 7:41 pm
Posts: 2130
Location: Behind you
Whoa WTF happened to the Halberd article? o_O It redirects to the MK article but none of the Halberd info is there.

_________________
˙llɐ ʇɐ ʇɥƃıɹ ʇou s,ʇɐɥʇ 'uʍop-ǝpısdn sı ǝɹnʇɐuƃıs sıɥʇ 'ʎǝɥ


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 69 Next

All times are UTC-04:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
[ GZIP: Off | Load: 1.23 ]