It is currently August 21st, 2019, 1:44 am

All times are UTC-04:00

ide
PostPosted: June 15th, 2017, 6:25 pm 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Planet Robobot
KEEBY64 wrote:
Well, I don't get why you guys are so stubborn and won't join the new forum, which is moderated and is approving new users. This place is outdated and has no hope. You should really try out the new forum(link on my first post).

Also, there is barely any staff here, so you won't get a reply, haha.

Well you should've said something like that in the 1st place before all this happened. If I do recall, not many people read the first and sticky posts.

Discord ID: KirbyFluttershy#1004
FFXI Character/Server: Chiririn @ Asura

ide
PostPosted: June 21st, 2017, 8:29 pm 
Puff in Training Male
Puff in Training

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby & the Amazing Mirror
Wait, so this whole site is dead now? (If it's not dead, or something is going on, please inform me.)
Dang, right when I joined, too...

ide
PostPosted: June 24th, 2017, 11:14 am 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land
Okay I'll sign up in a bit.

Let me give you a couple of reasons why I haven't until now. The first was when I stumbled across the forum it just didn't tickle my interest. KRR is very pretty and fits the vibe of the Kirby universe. I thought Another Dimension looked a bit drab and a little amateurish. The second reason was you don't have many members so that in itself wasn't very enticing. Whether we like it or not KRR has a long history and a lot of patrons - even if only a handful actually show up any more.

I hope that doesn't come across as harsh or insulting. I just wanted to share my reasons for procrastinating. I've seen more than a few communities splinter and die just because some groups ventured away from the community hub (in this case, KRR) rather than trying to bolster what they had. :)

Anyway, once I can get into the email account I used to sign up, I'll verify my account over at AD. :)

PS: I wonder, have you AD guys thought about reaching out to the Wikikirby folks? Perhaps an affiliation of some sort could help establish your forum... It'd also be nice to have an 'official' kirby forum for the wiki - especially now that the Kirbypedia here is dead as a dodo...

ide
PostPosted: June 24th, 2017, 12:38 pm 
Super Star A_mystery
Super Star

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 3
Location: It's crazy that I'm using this like an "About Me" section, right? Anyways, I lost interest in Kirby.
Hoshii No Pedro wrote:
Okay I'll sign up in a bit.

Let me give you a couple of reasons why I haven't until now. The first was when I stumbled across the forum it just didn't tickle my interest. KRR is very pretty and fits the vibe of the Kirby universe. I thought Another Dimension looked a bit drab and a little amateurish. The second reason was you don't have many members so that in itself wasn't very enticing. Whether we like it or not KRR has a long history and a lot of patrons - even if only a handful actually show up any more.

I hope that doesn't come across as harsh or insulting. I just wanted to share my reasons for procrastinating. I've seen more than a few communities splinter and die just because some groups ventured away from the community hub (in this case, KRR) rather than trying to bolster what they had. :)

Anyway, once I can get into the email account I used to sign up, I'll verify my account over at AD. :)

PS: I wonder, have you AD guys thought about reaching out to the Wikikirby folks? Perhaps an affiliation of some sort could help establish your forum... It'd also be nice to have an 'official' kirby forum for the wiki - especially now that the Kirbypedia here is dead as a dodo...

The owner of AD plans on getting the site updated with an art gallery at some point, as they think the Kirby community needs an art gallery exclusively for safe for work Kirby fanart.

As for the wiki thing, I don't think we need it. Wikirby is dead. Only one or two people are working on it. I think it's a dead horse being beat up, just like KRR.

I plan on getting Kirby switch at launch, so I will try to provide guides as soon as possible once it releases next year.

If you’re ever feeling lonely, watch this video:
https://youtu.be/mie-3U3H3iY

ide
PostPosted: August 22nd, 2017, 3:08 pm 
Puff in Training Male
Puff in Training

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Air Ride
How are we going to continue Kirby forums?

ide
PostPosted: August 25th, 2017, 2:54 am 
Super Star A_mystery
Super Star

Location: It's crazy that I'm using this like an "About Me" section, right? Anyways, I lost interest in Kirby.
Kaiosammy wrote:
How are we going to continue Kirby forums?

I don't know. People don't seem to like actually making progress.

ide
PostPosted: April 9th, 2019, 11:15 am 
I look like I just spent my whole life in a freezer. Female
I look like I just spent my whole life in a freezer.

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Epic Yarn
Location: Screeching into the ears of unsuspecting True Arena players
Wow, look at me, I'm posting here almost two years later. But Keeby posted on my intro thread, so I imagine they'll see this.
I know nothing of website coding, but I might be able to help with keeping a new forum... more active than this one. Has there been any progress with the new forum?
Please tell me there's some hope for KRR. I mean, I know I'm just a newb and whatnot, but I hate seeing a site like this dead.
If I can help in any way, I will. It's a slim chance at this rate, but I'm a determined soul. If you want, I'll also contact a friend of mine and see if he'll help.

ide
PostPosted: April 9th, 2019, 2:27 pm 
Super Star A_mystery
Super Star

Sub-Zero Knight wrote:
Wow, look at me, I'm posting here almost two years later. But Keeby posted on my intro thread, so I imagine they'll see this.
I know nothing of website coding, but I might be able to help with keeping a new forum... more active than this one. Has there been any progress with the new forum?
Please tell me there's some hope for KRR. I mean, I know I'm just a newb and whatnot, but I hate seeing a site like this dead.
If I can help in any way, I will. It's a slim chance at this rate, but I'm a determined soul. If you want, I'll also contact a friend of mine and see if he'll help.

Alright, I’ll answer all of your questions.

Q. “Has there been any progress with the new forum?”
A. No. It never picked up steam as far as I can tell, and I ruined everything. I deeply regret most of the things I did in 2016 and 2017. Those were the dark years of my life. Things are much better now, though.
Q. “Please tell me there’s some hope for KRR.”
A. No hope unless you’re REALLY good at spreading the word that the forum is functional and fine to use. As for things outside the forum and gallery.... literally 0 hope.
Q. “I hate seeing a site like this dead.”
A. Me too, but I’m not trying to revive it because it’s fine as is and people (such as you )still join every once in a while, meaning the forum is never truly inactive for long. Joshi came back about half a year ago, so as long as he’s here everything’s fine.
Q. “If I can help in any way, I will.”
A. Like I said before, spreading the word is the best way. I learned from experience that a new forum will not work out at all whatsoever. Joshi filled in the gap of needing a moderator so now KRR is ok to use.
Q. “If you want, I’ll also contact a friend of mine and see if he’ll help.”
A. Up to you. I don’t really care.

ide
PostPosted: April 9th, 2019, 4:34 pm 

Hmm.. well, as long as this place isn't TOTALLY dead. I'll tell said friend there's a moderator back on. He was already on here a while ago, trying to help revive it. Maybe he'll rejoin when he hears there's some people active again.
2016 and 2017 up till around September was the darkest period of my life, so I know how you feel.
Welp, I'll be sticking around this place, that's for sure.

Thanks for answering my questions, by the way. ^^

ide
PostPosted: April 10th, 2019, 11:50 am 
Super Star A_mystery
Super Star

You’re welcome. It appears that we’re about the same age, so that explains things. (Although I’ve been a Kirby fan for much longer. Since 2012!)

ide
PostPosted: April 10th, 2019, 1:56 pm 

KEEBY64 wrote:
You’re welcome. It appears that we’re about the same age, so that explains things. (Although I’ve been a Kirby fan for much longer. Since 2012!)

Well, I feel like a newb now. Being that as I said in my intro post, I've only been a Kirby fan since late 2017. XD
Oh, by the way, is there a way to subscribe to or bookmark topics on this forum?
I just saw that "notify me when a reply is posted button", maybe that's it.

EDIT-- Oh. I just saw that huge, obvious subscribe button at the top staring me in the face. Well, I feel like an idiot.

Another edit-- Okay. My post rank changed from "Puff in Training" to "Water Drop" to "OH MY GOD CONSPIRACY". What in Nova's name does that last one mean?