Kirby's Rainbow Resort

Welcome back, Kirby fans. We missed us.
It is currently August 21st, 2019, 12:53 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
ide
 Post subject: Re: Kirby Switch
PostPosted: July 18th, 2017, 12:50 pm 
Water Drop A_mystery
Water Drop

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Return to Dream Land
Let me guess, this was going to be a Wii U game at first.

Note how when previous systems' times were up, they still had just a few more games coming out when closing up shop.

But when they say the Wii U is done, they REALLY mean it.

ide
PostPosted: July 26th, 2017, 8:29 am 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land
Yeah, they do seem to have dropped the Wii U like a hot potato!

ide
PostPosted: August 11th, 2017, 6:21 pm 
Water Drop Male
Water Drop

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Adventure
mrgameandpie wrote:
Yeah I found RtDL's single player pretty lacking too. It certainly had a strong spectacle for a first playthrough, but when it came to repeat playthroughs it felt like every area was designed around one or two abilities, and if you weren't using those it was like the game was side-eying you going "Hey, uh, buddy, this is the part where you use the FIRE ability. Y'know, the ability where you shoot FIRE? The one we gave you at the start of the section? Hey, hey, how about you use that FIRE ability already?" Basically every Kirby game has a few moments like that, usually for something like Wheel where the level really NEEDS to be designed in a specific way for it to be effective, but it felt like the whole game was designed that way. Its not something I'd experienced in a Kirby game before, and thankfully I never experienced it in Triple Deluxe or Planet Robobot, so hopefully this new game won't have that feel either.

Return to Dreamland left a very bad taste in my mouth for a lot of reasons, but this probably has to be highlight. The spirit of Kirby is that the series gives players freedom to experiment how they want to complete the levels, but this design was sidetracked in RTDL in favor of spectacle. Nowhere is this more apparent than in the super abilities themselves -- you're clearly expected to waltz through those parts of the levels with broken super powers and clear challenges meant only for that ability, and if you choose not to take it then you just have to awkwardly maneuver around obstacles that you can't interact with. It's so boring.

The bulk of the game felt really hand-holdy in general. Ability pedestals are everywhere, enemies pose no threat, and even the challenge sections rubber band itself so the wall almost never crushes you. While Triple Deluxe and Robobot were also very easy games, Robobot at least was more open-ended in its levels (even the armor itself is way smarter in design than past "super ability" iterations).

As for Kirby Switch, pretty excited. It really does look like a revival of Kirby GCN -- they decided they wanted to try 3 helpers again, so they added move combos so they could design levels and puzzle rooms built around the coop element. Smart move. If the AI's decent enough this should still be really fun in single player.

ide
PostPosted: August 22nd, 2017, 9:13 am 
Puff in Training A_mystery
Puff in Training

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star Ultra
Well I found this thread. Hope I can squeeze all the information out of you.

ide
PostPosted: September 13th, 2017, 8:30 pm 
Super Star A_mystery
Super Star

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 3
Location: It's crazy that I'm using this like an "About Me" section, right? Anyways, I lost interest in Kirby.
The game is now known as "Kirby: Star Allies" and is scheduled for a Spring 2018 release date.

If you’re ever feeling lonely, watch this video:
https://youtu.be/mie-3U3H3iY

ide
PostPosted: September 14th, 2017, 12:19 am 
Water Drop Male
Water Drop

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby & the Amazing Mirror
So hey, the combo abilities primarily being combo attacks was confirmed, and with three partners at a time that essentially means up to 3 extra attacks at once, so that's pretty neat! A nice balance between having full combo abilities with full movesets each (probably a little too much to remember for the average player) and having combo abilities with one move each (a little lacking compared to what we see in abilities these days). As a whole this game seems to be shaping up quite fantastically!

ide
PostPosted: September 14th, 2017, 9:57 pm 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Planet Robobot
I think the new abilities and combination abilities will be useful. I just hope tornado didn't change.

Discord ID: KirbyFluttershy#1004
FFXI Character/Server: Chiririn @ Asura

ide
 Post subject: Re: Kirby: Star Allies
PostPosted: January 11th, 2018, 7:53 pm 
Super Star A_mystery
Super Star

Location: It's crazy that I'm using this like an "About Me" section, right? Anyways, I lost interest in Kirby.
March 16th release date worldwide confirmed today. Very surprising, as...

1. Usually all main series Kirby games on consoles(Kirby's Adventure, Kirby Super Star, Kirby's Dream Land 3, Kirby 64, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Kirby's Return to Dream Land) release very late in the console's lifespan. This is a little over one year after the Switch launched. This is probably to make up for no real Kirby Wii U game.

and

2. I was expecting a late April or early May release date. I'm pleasantly surprised with the short wait.

ide
PostPosted: January 11th, 2018, 10:30 pm 
Super Star Male
Super Star

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
Hey, they also confirmed two new abilities: Artist and Spider. Artist looks absolutely adorable.

Escargoon: Hey wise guy, this is the king you're talking about! You can't insult him because he's fat! Or because he's a big ignoramous! Or because he's a tightwad- *gets smashed with Dedede's mallet*
~Here Comes the Son

Escargoon: Kitcheeennn!!!! Where's the chow, ya chowderheads?! His highness is hungry up here!
Waddle Doo: But we just served the King a 10-course meal!
Dedede: All of them appetizers was un-appetizin'! Bring me 10 different courses and make it snappy!
Waddle Doo: Right! *he and the Waddle Dees finish the 10 courses and bring the food to Dedede* Hup, two, three, four, we bring the food and he wants more! Five, six, seven, eight, the King had better watch his weight!
~Hour of the WolfWrath

ide
PostPosted: January 11th, 2018, 11:33 pm 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

I was thinking that Paint ability is now artist ability. Spider ability seems new to us.

ide
PostPosted: January 12th, 2018, 1:39 am 
Super Star A_mystery
Super Star

Nah, paint and artist are two completely different abilities. I didn't like paint very much anyway. Artist seems much better. It's kind of a tribute to Paint Roller and Ado, considering the moveset.

Spider is alright, I guess. Another bug ability, like beetle. I hope we get to see more of it in action soon.

According to the Kirby wiki, the following abilities have been confirmed. This info came from the wiki so I'm not sure if this is correct.

Artist (new ability, NOT paint)
Beam (it's a series classic like sword, so this was to be expected)
Beetle (strange, considering the new spider ability and its absence from Planet Robobot, but apparently it made an appearance in Battle Royale, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised)
Bomb
Cleaning (first appearance in over 20 years, originally named Clean in Dream Land 3)
Cutter
ESP (returning ability from Planet Robobot)
Fighter (like beam and sword, a classic ability)
Fire
Hammer
Ice
Ninja
Parasol
Plasma (most likely replacing spark, first appearance since Super Star and Air Ride)
Spider (new ability)
Stone
Sword (this was to be expected)
Suplex (first appearance since Super Star)
Water (absent in Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot, 2nd appearance after RtDL, most likely replacing poison)
Whip
Wing (absent in Planet Robobot)
Yo-Yo (first appearance since Super Star)

I'm disappointed Spear(last appeared in Triple Deluxe), Doctor, and especially Mirror are not returning if this is the full list(I counted 22 abilities), but it's still a good lineup.

ide
PostPosted: January 13th, 2018, 11:45 am 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

I wish UFO and smash ability were in this too. I wasn't too sure if amiibos are still compatible for this game even though most of us are carrying SSB Kirby and Kirby series amiibos.

ide
PostPosted: January 13th, 2018, 10:20 pm 
Super Star A_mystery
Super Star

I'm hoping for more info on the game soon. At least it's supposedly a worldwide release this time, so no having to avoid spoilers for months like with Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot.

ide
PostPosted: January 14th, 2018, 6:37 pm 
Water Drop A_mystery
Water Drop

Here are all the helpers so far:

Artist - Vividria (new character, the fourth of the Drawcia line)
Beam - Waddle Doo
Beetle - Beetley (from Triple Deluxe)
Bomb - Poppy Bro Jr
Cleaning - Broom Hatter
Cutter - Sir Kibble
ESP - NESP (from Planet Robobot)
Fire - Burning Leo
Fighter - Knuckle Joe
Hammer - Bonkers
Ice - Chilly
Ninja - Bio Spark
Parasol - Waddle Dee
Plasma - Plugg (from Kirby 64!)
Spider - Como
Stone - Rocky
Sword - Blade Knight
Suplex - Bugzzy (he's finally back!)
Water - Driblee (new character)
Wing - Birdon
Whip - Wester (from Planet Robobot)
Yo-Yo - Gim

.............Wow, this board is dead.

ide
PostPosted: January 14th, 2018, 10:51 pm 
Super Star Male
Super Star

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
Nice to hear that an enemy from Kirby 64 returns in this game. The last game an enemy from such a game also appeared in was Kirby Tilt n' Tumble.

Escargoon: Hey wise guy, this is the king you're talking about! You can't insult him because he's fat! Or because he's a big ignoramous! Or because he's a tightwad- *gets smashed with Dedede's mallet*
~Here Comes the Son

Escargoon: Kitcheeennn!!!! Where's the chow, ya chowderheads?! His highness is hungry up here!
Waddle Doo: But we just served the King a 10-course meal!
Dedede: All of them appetizers was un-appetizin'! Bring me 10 different courses and make it snappy!
Waddle Doo: Right! *he and the Waddle Dees finish the 10 courses and bring the food to Dedede* Hup, two, three, four, we bring the food and he wants more! Five, six, seven, eight, the King had better watch his weight!
~Hour of the WolfWrath

ide
PostPosted: January 15th, 2018, 1:45 am 
Super Star A_mystery
Super Star

ShadowMan2 wrote:
.............Wow, this board is dead.

Yeah, I'm rather sad about that. I don't like Kirby Informer... at all. I'm still trying to keep this place alive, though.

I'm happy about Plugg returning. Ever since Planet Robobot, the Dark Matter games have been getting more attention.

I'm really hoping this game fixes the required gimmick ability problem that's been a thing since RtDL. In RtDL it was fun, and in Triple Deluxe it was alright, but I absolutely hated it in Planet Robobot.

ide
PostPosted: January 28th, 2018, 11:52 pm 
Li'l Traveler Male
Li'l Traveler

https://twitter.com/Kirby25thJP/status/ ... 9363240961

ide
PostPosted: February 4th, 2018, 1:22 pm 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

I did hear that amiibos are compatible in this game too, but if I had to guess, it may be Kirby series amiibo although i'm not sure if SSB Kirby, Triple D, and meta-knight can be used. here's my proof go 1:35 on this video, but if it helps a little more just go about 2-5 secs away from the mentioned video time.

ide
PostPosted: February 10th, 2018, 10:56 pm 
Puff in Training Male
Puff in Training

its disappointing to me that people are so mad over the game being 30fps.
the game is going to be great regardless, and its not a reason to not play the game

ide
PostPosted: February 13th, 2018, 12:03 pm 
Super Star A_mystery
Super Star

Three copy abilities revealed:
Cook(returning from Super Star( Ultra) and Amazing Mirror)
A New Ability(possibly called festive/celebration/party, seems to be very colorful)
Another New Ability(appears to be similar to Baton from the anime)

This is info that has just released, so I can't confirm if anything is true.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next