Kirby's Rainbow Resort

Welcome back, Kirby fans. We missed us.
It is currently December 12th, 2019, 5:34 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 57 Next
ide
 Post subject: Re: Kirby: Star Allies
PostPosted: February 14th, 2018, 12:07 am 
Water Drop A_mystery
Water Drop

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Return to Dream Land
That's Festival, which is Crash all over again.

The other new one is called Stick, and it's not Baton from the anime. It's based on Sun Wukong.

Plus, Pon and Con are returning as bosses.

ide
PostPosted: February 14th, 2018, 8:58 am 
Shooting Star A_mystery
Shooting Star

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 3
Location: It's crazy that I'm using this like an "About Me" section, right? Anyways, I lost interest in Kirby.
All copy abilities have been revealed. The final two are mike and sleep.

Good lineup of abilities, but at the same time it has much to be desired.

If you’re ever feeling lonely, watch this video:
https://youtu.be/mie-3U3H3iY

ide
PostPosted: February 14th, 2018, 11:18 pm 
Super Star Male
Super Star

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
I'm rather surprised that Pon & Con from KDL3 are set to make an appearance in this game. To be honest, nobody seems to have expected these two to appear in this game.

Escargoon: Hey wise guy, this is the king you're talking about! You can't insult him because he's fat! Or because he's a big ignoramous! Or because he's a tightwad- *gets smashed with Dedede's mallet*
~Here Comes the Son

Escargoon: Kitcheeennn!!!! Where's the chow, ya chowderheads?! His highness is hungry up here!
Waddle Doo: But we just served the King a 10-course meal!
Dedede: All of them appetizers was un-appetizin'! Bring me 10 different courses and make it snappy!
Waddle Doo: Right! *he and the Waddle Dees finish the 10 courses and bring the food to Dedede* Hup, two, three, four, we bring the food and he wants more! Five, six, seven, eight, the King had better watch his weight!
~Hour of the WolfWrath

ide
PostPosted: February 17th, 2018, 4:39 am 
Water Drop Male
Water Drop

Kirbyfan103 wrote:
I'm rather surprised that Pon & Con from KDL3 are set to make an appearance in this game. To be honest, nobody seems to have expected these two to appear in this game.

Honestly I never expected those two to ever appear again at all... I like them but I just considered them to be already forgotten along with Acro.
Then Acro was brought back in Planet Robobot, with the Nruff treatment (declassed from boss to regular enemy), and Pon & Con happend. Everything is possible with Kumazaki as director! :lol:

On a side note, in a different thread I said that the thing I wanted the most was a comeback of Adeleine.
It turns out that it's very likely that she's in Star Allies.

I have a theory, and it's not a random theory just based on assumptions, there are some big hints, not a solid proof but enough big hints that I think she has at least 80% of chance to be in the game, if not more.

Let's start from the beginning...

-Kirby Star Allies has those puzzle pictures that you can watch after collecting puzzle pieces in the levels.

-the Kirby 25th Anniversary twitter has reached 100.000 subscribers, and HAL made a special post with an artwork, claiming that the artwork was drawn by Adeleine and implying that every artwork in the twitter page was made by her as well.

-Some Famitsu scans contain a lot of informations but they are in Japanese... a Reddit user translated them and it turned out that the pictures in the gallery (those puzzle pictures) are made by "a famous creator".

Now, there is a screenshot of an incomplete picture that represents Kirby, Dedede and something else.
There is a square thing in the center, and an odd thing on the left, near Dedede's hand.
look at the screenshot and some examples: https://i.imgur.com/uJVCN2x.png
That thing seems to be similar to Paint Roller's face, and if it's true, then the "famous creator" is paint roller (but the picture is incomplete and it's hard to tell).
That thing also looks a lot like Dedede's hammer, and the square thing in the background may be both Paint Roller's canvas or Dedede's boxing ring.
In case it's Dedede's hammer/ring, and Paint Roller is not featured in the picture at all, the most likely possibility for the "famous creator" is to be Adeleine, since the artwork looks similar to the twitter arts and HAL said that those pictures are drawn by her.

The Dedede Ring/Hammer theory is more likely to be the correct one, since you can see Dedede's logo at the center of the ring, and Whispy in a corner, along with Kirby's classic look: this means that the picture represents Kirby's Dreamland 1 and to be more precise, its bosses... Paint Roller was introduced in Kirby's adventure so it can0t be part of the picture.

Probably each picture represent a different game.

If all of this is true, Adeleine has a role in this game, maybe not an important role story-wise, but an important role as representative of one of the game's core feature, along with confirming herself as the "art mascotte" of the Kirby series as a whole (with the twitter thing supporting this) and a recurring character (third time she had a role in a main Kirby game).
It's not confirmed yet, but it's possible that she's coming back to stay, no more minor cameos! :grin:

ide
PostPosted: February 26th, 2018, 5:02 pm 
Puff in Training Male
Puff in Training

Based on the latest gameplay shown, there will probably be another planet with a world or two like halacandra

ide
PostPosted: February 28th, 2018, 12:05 am 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Planet Robobot
Well this is rather disappointing in using amiibo functionality for Kirby star allies. Apparently they don't provide abilities at all like in Kirby planet robobot. here's my proof: Amiibo for Kirby star allies explained

Discord ID: KirbyFluttershy#1004
FFXI Character/Server: Chiririn @ Asura

ide
PostPosted: February 28th, 2018, 4:55 am 
Shooting Star A_mystery
Shooting Star

Location: It's crazy that I'm using this like an "About Me" section, right? Anyways, I lost interest in Kirby.
KirbyFluttershy wrote:
Well this is rather disappointing in using amiibo functionality for Kirby star allies. Apparently they don't provide abilities at all like in Kirby planet robobot. here's my proof: Amiibo for Kirby star allies explained

I don't really care. The amiibo functionality in Planet Robobot was kind of frustrating to me.

ide
PostPosted: March 2nd, 2018, 4:33 pm 
Puff in Training Male
Puff in Training

after playing the demo, are there any complaints about the game anyone would like to share?

ide
PostPosted: March 4th, 2018, 4:56 pm 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

I overheard a conversation from my friend's discord server and said a demo is available (which is not mentioned in nintendo news site) so I went to the official site and found the proof to backup the claims (or statement) right here

ide
PostPosted: March 8th, 2018, 10:29 pm 
Super Star Male
Super Star

There was a Nintendo Direct today that just revealed that you'll be able to call upon Dream Friends in the form of characters like Dedede, Meta Knight and Bandana Waddle Dee. It also revealed that more Dream Friends would become available in a free update later after its release; namely, Rick, Kine and Coo, Marx (!!), and Gooey.

By the way, did anyone not expect that Marx would be playable in this game? I sure didn't expect that to happen.

EDIT: Kirby Star Allies releases tomorrow, folks. I hope y'all are ready!

Escargoon: Hey wise guy, this is the king you're talking about! You can't insult him because he's fat! Or because he's a big ignoramous! Or because he's a tightwad- *gets smashed with Dedede's mallet*
~Here Comes the Son

Escargoon: Kitcheeennn!!!! Where's the chow, ya chowderheads?! His highness is hungry up here!
Dedede: All of them appetizers was un-appetizin'! Bring me 10 different courses and make it snappy!
Waddle Doo: Right! *he and the Waddle Dees finish the 10 courses and bring the food to Dedede* Hup, two, three, four, we bring the food and he wants more! Five, six, seven, eight, the King had better watch his weight!
~Hour of the WolfWrath

ide
PostPosted: March 19th, 2018, 12:00 am 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

I got the game, but I'm waiting on the update before I proceed with my playthrough so i'm in no rush to complete the game at my own pace. I lent the game to my brother so hopefully he doesn't lose it. I normally take my time with these kind of Kirby games in terms of the farm so I don't have to complete the game in 1 day or so including the difficulty build-ups when progressing and looking for any suspicious areas and points of interest.

just fyi guys, there are playthrough videos going around so it may be spoilers ahead. Watch at your own risk.

ide
PostPosted: April 2nd, 2018, 9:28 pm 
Super Star Male
Super Star

I probably didn't mention it to you guys earlier, but just in case you didn't know, a free update was added to the game last Wednesday that adds in Rick, Kine and Coo, Marx, and Gooey as Dream Friends.

~Here Comes the Son

~Hour of the WolfWrath

ide
PostPosted: April 5th, 2018, 2:47 pm 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

Kirbyfan103 wrote:
I probably didn't mention it to you guys earlier, but just in case you didn't know, a free update was added to the game last Wednesday that adds in Rick, Kine and Coo, Marx, and Gooey as Dream Friends.

I waited for that update so I can start my story playthrough. Certain rooms with puzzles can't be solved with those dream friends, but I can make it work. In friendly field's 1st puzzle room, that's do-able without bluster cutter so if you have marx and has bluster infused, you can control marx (by using piggyback if you're playing alone) and try to bounce the ball up there within the AoE of the attack. same with the other unreachable areas that requires elemental effects.

Here's what I do know about the animal trio, rick, kine, and coo, gooey, and marx

Gooey - Can fuse kirby and other allies that has weapons with splash and sizzle (or in other words, fire). Can also use friend throw as a Friend ability. Can be infused with paint, splash, clean, and ice when stoned.

Rick, kine and coo (animal trio) - Can fuse Kirby and other allies that has weapons with splash, sizzle, and bluster effects. can be infused the same as gooey has. All Attacks are similar to Kirby's dreamland 2 and 3 except splash. Kine is usable underwater only. It can't fuse with blizzard effects since kine is the only one that can use it underwater and friend abilities can't be used underwater. The other friend abilities they can use are thundersplash, and rising sizzler

Marx - He can have all elemental effects. some of those elemental effects contains some of his attacks the same as he uses in KSS and KSSU. Bluster has a cut effect added which is the same attack he uses in KSS and KSSU. Splash effect can add the same attack effect as KSS and KSSU. Lightning effect(s) adds the lightning arrows to dash. Blizzard effect adds the same attack as KSS and KSSU. Sizzle / Fire is pretty much new. black hole and marx flip ultima are useful. you can combo dash, marx megaspin, and marx flip ultima to deal more damage. His laser attack (which it remained intact) can be used if you and/or the other person are controlling both Kirby and marx so the same move as Kirby's return to dreamland's team attack which is the block while on piggyback also if marx is fused with an element, he can fuse Kirby and allies (or helpers) with the element he has.

Well that's all I know so pretty much I used these dream friends all the way to my story mode playthrough. Oh I did happen to read the news that they're gonna add more dream friends in the future update, but we don't know for sure who's gonna be added.

Edit: the game is quite challenging to me. I would tell, but i'm gonna avoid the spoilers first also you can share screenshots here, but you need to download the screenshots from either your Facebook or twitter accs if your switch acc is sync'd to your FB and/or twitter accs. For facebook, they'll be on your Nintendo switch share album. Videos can be shared, but I would highly recommend not to share it since it's a 30sec recording.

ide
PostPosted: April 6th, 2018, 4:35 pm 
Puff in Training A_mystery
Puff in Training

I just got the game this week, and already beat it, and trying to beat the extra modes now. I had a lot of fun, but was dissapointed with the boss difficulty until the final bosses I had to take quite a few tries at Hyness in particular.

ide
PostPosted: April 21st, 2018, 1:10 am 
Water Drop Male
Water Drop

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Adventure
It's unfortunate that I don't have a Switch. While I already expected HAL to continue their trend of making easier and easier Kirby games (much to my personal frustration), a "play as literally any character" campaign mode has always been a dream of mine.

On the note of difficulty, however, the prevalence of power-ups as difficulty softeners, as well as the game naturally expecting partners to be in play most of the time, are both factors that allow me to intentionally handicap myself for a harder playthrough... So that's definitely an appeal boost.

ide
PostPosted: April 24th, 2018, 11:44 pm 
Shooting Star A_mystery
Shooting Star

Blue Warrior wrote:
It's unfortunate that I don't have a Switch.

Being someone who has owned the console since launch, let me just say that you aren't missing much.

ide
PostPosted: April 26th, 2018, 2:44 am 
Water Drop Male
Water Drop

KEEBY64 wrote:
Blue Warrior wrote:
It's unfortunate that I don't have a Switch.

Being someone who has owned the console since launch, let me just say that you aren't missing much.

I sort of expected as much -- honestly, I'm much too busy to invest time into new games as it is. Kirby and Smash Bros. are the only two things that would make me reconsider, and honestly it's just not enough.

ide
PostPosted: April 26th, 2018, 1:22 pm 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

Blue Warrior wrote:
It's unfortunate that I don't have a Switch. While I already expected HAL to continue their trend of making easier and easier Kirby games (much to my personal frustration), a "play as literally any character" campaign mode has always been a dream of mine.

On the note of difficulty, however, the prevalence of power-ups as difficulty softeners, as well as the game naturally expecting partners to be in play most of the time, are both factors that allow me to intentionally handicap myself for a harder playthrough... So that's definitely an appeal boost.

Well Not really lol. The Game has been really challenging lately. Well if you asked why, well apparently there's true arena which is called soul melter so apparently you have half health, you're going through all the bosses, and not much recovery so I would highly recommend having amiibos for emergencies and of course you can't use amiibos in certain areas where you can't get your goodies.

Playing as any character? well apparently that's not gonna happen in story mode, but in guest star allies (or in other words, helper to hero), you can play as any helper you want in that mode although dream friends for guest star allies are only available after you clear the mode for the 1st time and getting a dream friend in guest star allies can only be obtained once so if it gets squished by certain platforms or on spikes or lava, it's gone for good. Area layouts will be different than the story mode and characters you play as

ide
PostPosted: April 26th, 2018, 6:25 pm 
Shooting Star A_mystery
Shooting Star

KirbyFluttershy wrote:
Well Not really lol. The Game has been really challenging lately. Well if you asked why, well apparently there's true arena which is called soul melter so apparently you have half health, you're going through all the bosses, and not much recovery so I would highly recommend having amiibos for emergencies and of course you can't use amiibos in certain areas where you can't get your goodies.

I beat it easily. Barely a challenge, and I didn't use any amiibo.

The closest thing to a challenge in this game is getting a perfect score on the hardest mode of the sub-games.

ide
PostPosted: April 26th, 2018, 9:59 pm 
Water Drop Male
Water Drop

KirbyFluttershy wrote:
Blue Warrior wrote:

I have seen plenty of gameplay videos, and Soul Melter certainly looks like it could provide a good challenge so long as you are playing solo (and if you refrain from playing the stronger characters, such as Nesp and Marx). However, a lot of the challenge can definitely be watered down by a strong team setup, even without humans controlling players 2-4. The game provides a number of tools that make good team setups especially powerful, mainly the elemental power-ups and team-buff moves (Cook and Paint).

I have to be skeptical when other players say that the game is challenging, because I think there is a knowledge gap between those who play Kirby games more sporadically and those who more fully understand the series' mechanics and movesets. Every Kirby game has its own arena "meta" among speedrunners and hardcore Kirby enthusiasts, in that the safest and fastest-damaging moves and strategies are used to rush bosses or to slowly cheese them out. In contrast, I've seen many Youtubers who don't even use the guard function, let alone an ability's full moveset. The games are far and away more difficult if you only use standard "B" moves and forget about the guard function entirely. (In might also be worth mentioning that all of the Kirby games since Return To Dreamland use nonrandomized boss patterns in the arena modes, which has made many of my consecutive playthroughs extremely predictable.)

I would go as far as to argue that the "Super Star" styled games all have easier arena modes than the Kirby games with classic abilities. Yes, this includes the True Arenas; just because something is long doesn't make it difficult.

Quote:
Playing as any character? well apparently that's not gonna happen in story mode, but in guest star allies (or in other words, helper to hero)[, you can play as any helper you want in that mode although dream friends for guest star allies are only available after you clear the mode for the 1st time and getting a dream friend in guest star allies can only be obtained once so if it gets squished by certain platforms or on spikes or lava, it's gone for good. Area layouts will be different than the story mode and characters you play as

I'm well aware -- that's what I was referring to.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 57 Next