It is currently October 14th, 2019, 1:53 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

ide
 Post subject: Kirby Maker
PostPosted: August 22nd, 2017, 5:15 am 
Water Drop Male
Water Drop

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby & the Amazing Mirror
Mario Maker has been a major hit on Wii U and 3DS, so much of a hit in fact that people created a fan game known as Mega Maker, the same concept but applied to the Mega Man games! This got me thinking, what if there was a Kirby Maker? What kinds of cool concepts would y'all want to see out of a game all about making and sharing your own Kirby levels? What abilities would you most want to see (or, perhaps, what abilities would you not want to see), what enemies or bosses do you think could be implemented? Mario Maker had several games represented with its artstyles, Kirby has had a lot of artstyle iterations, which do you think would be best to provide access to?

This is all theoretical of course, I don't particularly expect them to create such a game, but it is neat to think about. A lot of Mario Maker and Mega Maker levels aren't like typical levels found in those games, a lot of them are auto play levels or levels centered around a particular gimmick, do you think we'd find such levels in a Kirby Maker game, and if so what kinds of weird stuff would come out of it?

I think probably the biggest hurdle would be people making levels around one specific ability that can't be completed without it. In many Kirby games, Kirby will lose his ability in one hit, and while it can be retrieved, such level design would basically make a player go through the stage in question without taking damage. A tough, if reasonable, expectation when what is being barred is an extra like, say, a Rainbow Drop, but to bar the exit of the level behind such a steep curve would be quite frustrating I'd imagine!

ide
 Post subject: Re: Kirby Maker
PostPosted: August 22nd, 2017, 9:38 pm 
Super Star Male
Super Star

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
If they ever made a Kirby Maker, which I think would be neat, I'd like to see the Laser ability return, as well as the Ball ability and the Cleaning ability. Oh, and that cute witch Keke.

Escargoon: Hey wise guy, this is the king you're talking about! You can't insult him because he's fat! Or because he's a big ignoramous! Or because he's a tightwad- *gets smashed with Dedede's mallet*
~Here Comes the Son

Escargoon: Kitcheeennn!!!! Where's the chow, ya chowderheads?! His highness is hungry up here!
Waddle Doo: But we just served the King a 10-course meal!
Dedede: All of them appetizers was un-appetizin'! Bring me 10 different courses and make it snappy!
Waddle Doo: Right! *he and the Waddle Dees finish the 10 courses and bring the food to Dedede* Hup, two, three, four, we bring the food and he wants more! Five, six, seven, eight, the King had better watch his weight!
~Hour of the WolfWrath