Welcome back, Kirby fans. We missed us.
It is currently December 12th, 2019, 9:10 am

All times are UTC-04:00

ide
PostPosted: November 16th, 2017, 9:01 am 
Shooting Star A_mystery
Shooting Star

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 3
Location: It's crazy that I'm using this like an "About Me" section, right? Anyways, I lost interest in Kirby.
Honestly, this place and Kirby fanbase in general is dead, and since barely anything has happened on Rainbow Resort this month, I might as well make another update post. Yes, this will be tedious and boring to type, just like all of my other long threads, but in the end it will most likely be worth it.

We all know how KRR's forums died. The staff stopped approving new users, and then all the people who were already approved eventually stopped going on KRR, for whatever reason.

I've been thinking about why the users left in the first place. Perhaps they thought KRR really was dead. Perhaps my infamous thread from August 2016 was what made them leave. Or maybe it was just the forum starting to become inactive. I'm not really sure.

But enough of the guesses. It's time to do yet another look at my old threads. Or just one. I'm not sure. I don't have all day.

The first thread is, of course, the thread I mentioned earlier: "This Place Isn't Even Being Moderated Anymore"

(Nor are new users' posts being approved.)

Of course, this isn't going to be a long, in depth look. Just some stuff I might've missed last time.

"Fubaka and Star Dream? Nah. They have too much... uh... emotion."

I still don't know what I exactly meant by that. Then again, I have too much emotion. Oh, wait, I forgot the "uh".

"In fact, none of us are worthy of the very thing that is moderating, at least on KRR."

I think the reason I said that was because of something I read that said KRR only wanted people who had been on KRR for a very long time and knew what they were doing to be staff? I don't know. It might've just been a dream.

"Don't get me wrong, I'm not back. I took one look at how the theme conversion was handled and a few of the issues the place has still, and merely offered a patch to the themes based on the files I still had, mostly to settle my OCD."

I find it kind of sad how Diskmaster just came back to fix a minor issue, and then left and didn't do anything to actually solve the huge problems.

Then again...

"There's plenty of waifus out there in the various Fire Emblem forums."

Ok. What did Kirbinator mean by this? I'm still confused by this message. There are waifus in the Fire Emblem GAMES, but I don't think I'm looking for a girlfriend on the Fire Emblem FORUMS.

Even if I were looking for a girlfriend at all, I would use Club Penguin or Miiverse. It would not even be an actual relationship, probably just harmless fluff. However, both have shut down anyway, so...

Good news though. Club Penguin Island, the replacement of Club Penguin, which has been a mobile exclusive game since launch(way back in MARCH, wow, time flies), has been confirmed to be getting a DESKTOP version.

I'm very happy. I obviously won't be using it to be getting a girlfriend, though.

"Ahh, true. I shouldn't give up so fast. To be fair, I was kinda down in the dumps that day but i'm feeling better now."

Star Dream hasn't been on KRR in over 11 months.

"... oh look, this place really is rotting. 'Snaff and Mints are slacking off and taking naps while I do all the hard work and keep the place active, because, you know, that's what the people want."

I'm still trying to keep this place alive, even if it's not what the people want anymore.

"I didn't mean the site in general. The gallery is pretty active."

I wish that were still true...

I think that's all for that thread. Now, for another thread!

This one is: The Death of KRR - PLEASE READ AND POST IF YOU'RE INTERESTED IN A REVIVAL, VERY IMPORTANT

All caps title. Ah, yes, this will be fun. Maybe.

"Hello, I was previously known as Hydreigon. I am more than interested in helping out--in fact, several months ago, I started a new forum that can also support non-discussion pages. I know it has some issues, mainly with the lack of non-generic graphics and a generic domain name, but I think we can get it to work.
http://anotherdimension.boards.net/
Trust me, I know hormones can be awful things--I started a bunch of arguments on the first forum I was on as a hormonal twelve-year-old. Just hang in there, it will be over eventually."

And then she backstabbed me because I had said hormonal problems.

"I... I think now would be a good time to start fresh as a human being..."

Too bad that never happened.

"All that KirbStomp really suggested was a therapy of some sort, but honestly, that's been out of the question for a while, now..."

Kind of ironic in a twisted way now that months have passed.

After this, the thread went into drama that I do not want to talk about.

Basically, in a nutshell...

"You guys are creating drama by trying to prevent it. This makes no sense."

Ok. Time for some other stuff related to the Kirby community.

First off, Meta Naito has not been updated in a while. The main site has not been updated since June, and the forum hasn't been updated since September. It's only a matter of time before it's shut down for good.

Second, I plan on making a list of users who were on KRR during the revival era around 2016. That will be a separate thread.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, this section is about real life issues. It is short and sweet, and you can skip it if you wish. I just want to get this off my chest.

It is about therapy.

Everyone was telling me to get it. When I was finally going, I thought it would save my life.

Turns out it just made me more stressed out.

I'm supposed to take this medication so I can go to therapy without getting stressed, but it's really disgusting and I feel like puking when I taste it.

I didn't want to go anymore.

I got my wish, but in a rather sad way. Insurance is going to stop covering the place I'm going to, so the last time I'll be able to go is in mid-December.

Well, that took a dark turn quickly.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok. Real life issues discussion OVER.

Here's some stuff that isn't Kirby related, but isn't real life issues!

Umm... I have a Nintendo Switch. Super Mario Odyssey is fun.

I got wiimmfi for the Wii back in June, so I play Animal Crossing City Folk online sometimes... I don't really play Mario Kart Wii and SSBB anymore... if you want to play with me, you could message me, I guess... today is ACCF's 9th anniversary, hooray...

I think that's it.

I'd like to see someone reply. I really want this place to be alive, especially since Kirby Informer seems like another failed attempt at yet another "revival" of the Kirby community.

Well, see everyone later... if anyone's even here... :beanthink:

If you’re ever feeling lonely, watch this video:
https://youtu.be/mie-3U3H3iY

ide
PostPosted: November 16th, 2017, 10:53 pm 
Super Star Male
Super Star

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
This forum doesn't seem to have seen a lot of posters these days, but I'm still here. And I still post here every now and then. Also, I know it's a bit late, but this Sunday (the 12th) was my birthday.

Escargoon: Hey wise guy, this is the king you're talking about! You can't insult him because he's fat! Or because he's a big ignoramous! Or because he's a tightwad- *gets smashed with Dedede's mallet*
~Here Comes the Son

Escargoon: Kitcheeennn!!!! Where's the chow, ya chowderheads?! His highness is hungry up here!
Waddle Doo: But we just served the King a 10-course meal!
Dedede: All of them appetizers was un-appetizin'! Bring me 10 different courses and make it snappy!
Waddle Doo: Right! *he and the Waddle Dees finish the 10 courses and bring the food to Dedede* Hup, two, three, four, we bring the food and he wants more! Five, six, seven, eight, the King had better watch his weight!
~Hour of the WolfWrath

ide
PostPosted: November 17th, 2017, 2:01 am 
Shooting Star A_mystery
Shooting Star

Location: It's crazy that I'm using this like an "About Me" section, right? Anyways, I lost interest in Kirby.
Oh. Well then, happy belated birthday.

I occasionally post. There's no hope for a proper revival of the Kirby community, so I just stay here and keep on the lookout for anyone else who's still active.

ide
PostPosted: December 4th, 2017, 1:53 pm 
Water Drop Male
Water Drop

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Adventure
Quote:
I'm supposed to take this medication so I can go to therapy without getting stressed, but it's really disgusting and I feel like puking when I taste it.

Have you tried taking it with a meal? That can help to make it go down easier.

As someone with ADHD-PI, I can say that medication really is a life-changer if it's administered properly. I was lucky enough to be delivered a stimulant that worked for me the first time, but generally speaking, medication is usually a lot of trial and error. You have to use your best judgment and your own research to decide if what you're taking is the way to go. It's also important to keep in mind that most effects are non-stimulants and take a while to build up, so that can make it harder to distinguish the effects.

Also, where you go for therapy can be just as important as why you're going. A psyche who is knowledgeable on autism is much better than a therapist who doesn't have experience with it, for instance. Probably a moot point by now, unless your insurance still supports certain psychotherapies and not others. (I don't know much about insurance, so...)

ide
PostPosted: December 5th, 2017, 2:30 am 
Shooting Star A_mystery
Shooting Star

I don't want to talk about it. I don't have the patience for medication to work on me. Also, the "going to a different therapist" thing is really complicated, and hard to explain.

At this point, I barely care about getting help that's going to make me worse anyway. Like I said before, I find your advice awful and stressful. I just wanted to say that one little thing in the thread so I could STOP talking about it.

I was hoping to see someone reply that wanted to talk about KRR, but eh.

Please don't reply back. I'm done with that topic.

ide
PostPosted: December 18th, 2017, 5:05 pm 
Cutter Power! Male
Cutter Power!

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star
They stopped approving new users? How did I get on here?

ide
PostPosted: September 7th, 2018, 2:14 am 
THE PINK KIRBY Female
THE PINK KIRBY

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 2
I... I kind of love the irony of approving that post half a year later.