It is currently August 21st, 2019, 1:13 am

All times are UTC-04:00

ide
 Post subject: Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn
PostPosted: February 10th, 2019, 10:26 pm 
Super Star Male
Super Star

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
It seems we've got a new 3DS Kirby game coming up next month, and this time it's a port of the Wii game Kirby's Epic Yarn. I don't know about you guys, but I think I'm interested in the new mini-games featuring Dedede and Meta Knight, as well as this new Devilish mode. What're your thoughts about this?

Escargoon: Hey wise guy, this is the king you're talking about! You can't insult him because he's fat! Or because he's a big ignoramous! Or because he's a tightwad- *gets smashed with Dedede's mallet*
~Here Comes the Son

Escargoon: Kitcheeennn!!!! Where's the chow, ya chowderheads?! His highness is hungry up here!
Waddle Doo: But we just served the King a 10-course meal!
Dedede: All of them appetizers was un-appetizin'! Bring me 10 different courses and make it snappy!
Waddle Doo: Right! *he and the Waddle Dees finish the 10 courses and bring the food to Dedede* Hup, two, three, four, we bring the food and he wants more! Five, six, seven, eight, the King had better watch his weight!
~Hour of the WolfWrath

ide
PostPosted: March 4th, 2019, 2:32 am 
Puff in Training A_mystery
Puff in Training

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star
Honestly, I'd buy this if it was on the Switch. I don't use my 3DS anymore, and cutting out co-op and decreasing the graphical quality is too much of sacrifice to justify what was added.

ide
PostPosted: March 22nd, 2019, 8:37 pm 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Planet Robobot
Well I have the game, but the thing about Kirby's extra epic yarn is that There are changes in this game and not to mention it's a little harder than I thought with the new mode i'm playing.

so the changes are

there's no co-op play which means you have to play alone.

2 modes to play: normal mode which it can be used for those who haven't played the original Kirby's epic yarn for the wii and beginners and devilish mode which is for experienced players and more rewards however this mode will slow down your progress and you can only recover from princess fluff once per stage except bosses and certain stages which they won't let you recover. Once you recover, you can't recover again from that point.

Decorations, furnitures, and housing stuff can be used with touch screen

Streetpass can be turned on which it will be your featured model room. Same streetpass mechanic as ACNL's streetpass, but it's only 1 room

Ravel Abilities can be used however picking another will change, but discarding another ability however you can't use ravel abilities for mini or side games. Ravel abilities can be carried over as you exit or finish the stage.

Amiibos can be used, but they will give you ravel abilities. Kirby Series amiibos can only be used.

Controls are changed for some forms and normal kirby's normal form remains unchanged.

Discord ID: KirbyFluttershy#1004
FFXI Character/Server: Chiririn @ Asura

ide
PostPosted: April 11th, 2019, 2:10 pm 
I look like I just spent my whole life in a freezer. Female
I look like I just spent my whole life in a freezer.

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Epic Yarn
Location: Screeching into the ears of unsuspecting True Arena players
I've downloaded and played the demo. Personally, I think an Epic Yarn remake was pointless. The original game was just fine, why tamper with it? I wanted an Epic Yarn sequel if anything, not the same exact game but minus two-player mode, and with an intense mode, power-ups and both a Meta Knightmare and a Dededetour.
But, that's just me (:3)

nintendo100 wrote:
[...] and cutting out co-op and decreasing the graphical quality is too much of sacrifice to justify what was added.

My thoughts exactly. :P

ide
PostPosted: April 23rd, 2019, 10:08 am 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

Well apparently Extra epic yarn was made for challenging players to do solo. I've played solo mode in the original version at treat land so I have no point in complaining about that. In 3DS, you're forced to play solo which is a challenge. As I said about the changes, you can use the abilities to your advantage.

Here's what I know about them

Knitting Needles - Self-Explanatory, but any flying enemies will not have homing capabilities.
Wire - Same as Sword ability. Ineffective against meta-knight. Sorry guys, this doesn't work as I tested this on him. Effective against Capamari.
Nylon - Same as tornado ability, but you can't float after use and you have to land in a safe place. Draws nearby Beads to you. Most useful ability.
Button - Same as bomb ability, but doesn't hurt when holding on to the bomb and explodes on you
Bobbin - Same as yo-yo Ability, but fires in a straight direction.
Marking Pins - Fires 3 pins.

I did manage to finish the game on devilish mode, but It wasn't that easy for some forms. All That remains or what's left is to 100% the game.

ide
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2019, 1:16 pm 

So it's basically like a strictly solo version of Epic Yarn, but with an EX Mode and Copy Abilities?

Also, I'm just curious. How do parts where you had to point the Wii remote at the TV like the train transformation work in the 3DS? Do you draw the tracks using the stylus or something?

ide
PostPosted: May 19th, 2019, 10:55 pm 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

Soul-of-Marx wrote:
So it's basically like a strictly solo version of Epic Yarn, but with an EX Mode and Copy Abilities?

Also, I'm just curious. How do parts where you had to point the Wii remote at the TV like the train transformation work in the 3DS? Do you draw the tracks using the stylus or something?

Yeah so that's pretty much I mentioned so far. You can get free abilities in your room if you have that furniture from the devilish mode however it's random so if you don't like what you get, you can always go out and back in till you get what you want. The EX mode is called devilish mode so you have health, the devil enemy will appear in every stage including boss stages, and prince fluff point will recover your health and as I said before, after you recover from prince fluff, there's no ways in recovering back after you get hit and you'll get less rewards for that, and your 100% completion progress will slow down as well.

It's called ravel abilities so losing the ability applies the same as other Kirby games such as getting hit, falls, and squashed however you can obtain it back by using the yarn whip, but any falls, you will lose that ability you have. What I did mention on my last post explains them how they work and what's best effective and not effective on bosses.

Ok so basically what I did mention before about the controls for the forms being changed, The train transformation has a cursor on your screen so you'll have to use your control stick or D-Pad to control the cursor and then press and hold A to make tracks and then Press the B button to turn around. When playing devilish mode, you'll have to time your B button to dodge the attack. For the Fire truck, you'll have to use L and R buttons to change angles of the water spray and everything else remains unchanged so if you need to know, you can always go to the pause menu and check out the controls for each form.

ide
PostPosted: May 22nd, 2019, 5:41 pm 

KirbyFluttershy wrote:
Soul-of-Marx wrote:

Yeah so that's pretty much I mentioned so far. You can get free abilities in your room if you have that furniture from the devilish mode however it's random so if you don't like what you get, you can always go out and back in till you get what you want. The EX mode is called devilish mode so you have health, the devil enemy will appear in every stage including boss stages, and prince fluff point will recover your health and as I said before, after you recover from prince fluff, there's no ways in recovering back after you get hit and you'll get less rewards for that, and your 100% completion progress will slow down as well.

It's called ravel abilities so losing the ability applies the same as other Kirby games such as getting hit, falls, and squashed however you can obtain it back by using the yarn whip, but any falls, you will lose that ability you have. What I did mention on my last post explains them how they work and what's best effective and not effective on bosses.

Ok so basically what I did mention before about the controls for the forms being changed, The train transformation has a cursor on your screen so you'll have to use your control stick or D-Pad to control the cursor and then press and hold A to make tracks and then Press the B button to turn around. When playing devilish mode, you'll have to time your B button to dodge the attack. For the Fire truck, you'll have to use L and R buttons to change angles of the water spray and everything else remains unchanged so if you need to know, you can always go to the pause menu and check out the controls for each form.

Ah, cool. Thank you for the explanation ^-^

So how do those minigames featuring Meta Knight and Dedede work?

ide
PostPosted: May 24th, 2019, 1:31 am 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

Ok so basically the stages for the mini-games will unlock as you progress through the story mode. You'll get fuse beads as you play through the mini-games, but not only the fuse beads you will get also you will get the mats to use for the fuse beads and it's based on the rank. If you get a S rank, you'll get the full rewards plus the number of fuse beads you have accumulated. You'll lose the fuse beads as you take hit from anything that hurts you like explosive boxes and enemies that would normally hurt you.

Now as of how the mini-games work, the controls are displayed in the pause screen. The stages, well for triple D, you'll have to avoid anything that would make you lose the beads, but to slide down through small areas, you'll have to press down on your D-Pad or push down on your control stick. For Meta-knights, well it's probably self-explanatory. you'll be flying around, defeat many enemies, and enough fuse beads as you can.

once you have enough fuse beads for the mats, you can use the required number of beads on that mat to get yourself a décor for Kirby's pad.

ide
PostPosted: May 26th, 2019, 2:33 pm 

Ooh, thanks again! :0
Meta Knight's sounds pretty epic.