Welcome back, Kirby fans. We missed us.
It is currently June 19th, 2019, 2:43 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

ide
PostPosted: April 14th, 2013, 10:14 pm 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Return to Dream Land
KRR is outdated in many ways. The news are so outdated that they do not mention anything about Kirby's Dream Collection.

It would be great to get more Kirby stuff in KRR.

Here is some information about this website from Alexa: http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/kirbysrainbowresort.net

Kirbysrainbowresort.net's three-month global Alexa traffic rank is 1,991,634. Visitors to the site spend about 36 seconds on each pageview and a total of two minutes on the site during each visit. Roughly 52% of visits to the site consist of only one pageview (i.e., are bounces), and the fraction of visits to Kirbysrainbowresort.net referred by search engines is approximately 48%. The site's visitors view an average of 3.9 unique pages per day.

This is a shame. We need to get more people to spend more time in KRR (without resorting to proselytizing non-Kirby fans into Kirby fans).

ide
PostPosted: April 19th, 2013, 9:04 pm 
THE PINK KIRBY A_mystery
THE PINK KIRBY

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 2
Alright, gonna just lay this out.

The guys who maintained the site for a while were kind of buttheads. They didn't really do much in the way of playing new games, and had no real interest in adding information about that stuff. They were also vehemently against the idea of there being a community, and were weirdly intolerant of kids for what is, essentially, a site for little kids.

So some other people moved in and tried to help out. Unfortunately, those first people? They didn't like being edged out like that. After all, they had successfully built up a little cult of personality, their own little community (despite claiming to despise the concept) centered mostly around stroking their own egos. So, while the new dudes tried to fix things up, get new things in, the old dudes did things like pull the proverbial rug out from under their feet, throw rocks, sling insults, things like that. It was really immature and embarrassing, really.

We were planning on converting the site over to a new design, updating the code and stuff, bringing it up to modern web standards. The old people thought this was a bad idea, because the old pages are coded kinda... REALLY poorly, haha. But IMO this was actually a great reason to do the update, not to NOT do it: Converting the pages over would give us an excuse to update the way all the content was stored, making further updates and facelifts much easier. The facelift would have further come with better integration with the oekaki, this forum, and a few of the other site features, allowing us to use less accounts across the whole site and just generally make the whole system more cohesive. It also would have featured either an affiliation with Wikirby (which could have pumped new blood into KRR), or the rolling out of a much less restrictive wiki that actually made good use of the benefits of running wiki software. Unfortunately, this new site design was vetoed, and any work on it was halted. I'm not sure if the half-finished stuff is still sitting on someone's hard drive or not.

Anyway, all of these factors sort of combined to act as huge demotivators. I mean, what's the point in trying to work on KRR, if we're just going to be blocked, from all sides, for every action? So work stopped, and people wandered away.

And that's the story of why KRR is so hopelessly outdated, and is likely to remain so for some time.

ide
PostPosted: April 20th, 2013, 7:03 pm 
Christmas Present #4 Male
Christmas Present #4

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land

....dood

ide
PostPosted: April 28th, 2013, 11:42 pm 
WAR! What it isn't good for. HUNH A_mystery
WAR! What it isn't good for. HUNH

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Triple Deluxe
100% accurate.

Leaving again.

DUN DUN DAAAAH

ide
PostPosted: April 28th, 2013, 11:45 pm 
a friendly ghost A_mystery
a friendly ghost

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star Ultra
Yes

ide
PostPosted: July 3rd, 2013, 11:40 am 
Purple Plokin' KRR Admin Female
Purple Plokin' KRR Admin

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Adventure
Oh if people only knew.

ide
PostPosted: July 7th, 2013, 6:46 pm 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

How unfortunate.

I pop up here once a month and there are very few new posts to read each time I log on.

ide
PostPosted: April 13th, 2014, 6:18 am 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land
Bump.

What is the state of ownership of the site these days? It seems another year of entropy has passed. Perhaps people might be a little more receptive to a new maintenance staff these days?

ide
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2016, 2:15 pm 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

A few years later, KRR is still hopelessly outdated, despite its forums becoming active once more.

The main page does not mention any of the newer Kirby games such as Kirby's Dream Collection or any of the Wii U (Kirby and the Rainbow Curse) or 3DS games (Kirby Triple Deluxe and Kirby: Planet Robobot).

ide
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2016, 2:55 pm 
Li'l Traveler Male
Li'l Traveler

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Planet Robobot
... That isn't all of it. Even pages of older Kirby games are still "under construction". The page for Kirby's Epic Yarn creates the false impression of Kirby GCN (Kirby's Return to Dream Land) having "bit the dust".

ide
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2016, 4:14 pm 
Dream Warrior A_mystery
Dream Warrior

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 3
Location: It's crazy that I'm using this like an "About Me" section, right? Anyways, I lost interest in Kirby.
I still see potential in this site, but some pages on the games need to be fixed. Kirby's Toy Box and Kirby Super Star Stacker are great examples of pages that need to be updated.

ide
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2016, 5:34 pm 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

There is much work to be done in order to be up to date.

ide
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2016, 10:43 pm 
Waddle Doo Male
Waddle Doo

Are you seriously calling out games that came out during the multi-year period during which there were only junk updates? And absolutely no one was updating the site?

Do you not understand how being a horribly maintained site before the only people who maintain it nowadays even started maintaining it again works? Not well.

ide
PostPosted: June 18th, 2017, 8:25 am 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

So, who is maintaining the site these days? Is there any way to update the front page et cetera?

Just curious. :)

ide
PostPosted: June 18th, 2017, 12:34 pm 
Water Drop Male
Water Drop

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star
There must be a way.

ide
PostPosted: June 19th, 2017, 6:15 am 
Dream Warrior A_mystery
Dream Warrior

Location: It's crazy that I'm using this like an "About Me" section, right? Anyways, I lost interest in Kirby.
AlveinHero wrote:
There must be a way.

Yeah, by starting fresh.

This new Kirby forum plans on making guides and getting an art gallery later on: http://anotherdimension.boards.net/

If you’re ever feeling lonely, watch this video:
https://youtu.be/mie-3U3H3iY

ide
PostPosted: June 19th, 2017, 6:59 am 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

It's such a shame. There's a lot of history here and there seems to be a community desperately holding on.

Does anyone know who owns this site these days? Perhaps it's time for another dialogue. There are a bunch of new Kirby games on the horizon which'll bring more attention to the site. Please let us breath a bit of energy back into the old place...

ide
PostPosted: June 19th, 2017, 12:20 pm 
Puff in Training Male
Puff in Training

We don't have to blow everything up. Maybe the forum itself is an outdated medium, but the website proper could be kept, it just needs updating.

ide
PostPosted: June 19th, 2017, 2:00 pm 
Simirror Male
Simirror

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow... It's getting pretty congested up here though.
I haven't actually signed in here for almost six years as of this post, although I do still lurk around here pretty regularly. Only reason I'm posting is to give you all my thoughts and perhaps give some perspective to those of you who may still care.

From what I can see, the only people who are doing anything to KRR are Bimblesnaff and his twin brother Mints. Bimblesnaff has been a part of the staff for the website for a looong time, probably at least as long as when I first joined the forum at least ten (maybe even fifteen) years ago now. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say Bimblesnaff (and Mints too obviously) are probably around my age, mid-to-late 20s, maybe even early 30s. Point is, they are more then likely adults that have other responsibilities in their life aside from constantly updating an ancient website for Kirby fans; they probably have jobs, wish to socialize with their friends, family, whatever, or even just do other things they enjoy working on. That's not to say they don't like or care about KRR (seeing as Bimblesnaff still releases a minor update here and there), but after reading everything they have said regarding the dark history of KRR, it's fair to say that they lost a lot of their passion for the site. Understandable, seeing as they had to deal with a bunch of butts posing as "staff" for the site and Mints even had to activate the "self-destruct" button as a last resort to get the so-called "staff" to stop whining and making absurd demands to them.

Another things to consider is the validity of fansites themselves in this day and age; aside from those of us who started coming here a long time ago, who is going to come to a fansite for any reason? For people who want news on their favorite games, there's a whole bunch of better websites out there that keep up to date on that kind of stuff. Fan art and such can be found elsewhere as well. The only real thing that can draw people in are the things you will only find in fansites, like opinion articles or what have you. And let's be honest here, how many people here would care about that kind of stuff? I like a good interesting read on things I like, but not everybody else does. As much as I don't like the thought and consider them to still be viable, even forums themselves are starting to become obsolete to most people, the few I still know of that are still strong are the popular ones that have been around for a long freaking time.

What the site probably needs most is some new staff members that are not only passionate about Kirby and the site, but can actually keep coming up with new exclusive content that people will like and keep coming back to, but all things considered, don't really see that happening. Aside from those who have interest in such things to begin with and keep up with it, who even understands HTML code anymore (or whatever it is KRR uses)? With things like Facebook and all the social media nonsense everyone seems to value more than life itself and websites for almost anything under the sun, personal websites aren't even really a thing anymore. Places like KRR are something akin to a relic of a time long past; it may have wowed people back then, but today it's just a shell of its former glory (worst case scenario is Super Mario Bros. HQ, that used to considered one of the very best Mario fansites out there, now it's just an unattended corpse littered with enough unrelated ads that would make even the most tolerant of people turn away in disgust). Could KRR come back up and reclaim it's lost glory? It's always possible, but all things considered, I think it's very unlikely; KRR as it is today is the equivalent of someone, long thought dead, waking up from basically a four-year long coma.

Long story short, as someone who liked and came to the website way back in the day, I wouldn't expect much from KRR today. Fansites like KRR fill a pretty specific niche that doesn't really appeal to most people on the Internet today. I wouldn't go so far as to say "it's dead, Jim", but KRR is never going back to the glory it once held, those days are long gone and the Internet is a very different place today then it was back then.

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Carnival Phantasm (ep. 8), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Ben-Tou (ep. 9, ulgh...), Shinryaku!? Ika Musume (ep. 5)
Reading: nothing

ide
PostPosted: June 19th, 2017, 6:02 pm 
Dream Warrior A_mystery
Dream Warrior

Soniti254 wrote:
I haven't actually signed in here for almost six years as of this post, although I do still lurk around here pretty regularly. Only reason I'm posting is to give you all my thoughts and perhaps give some perspective to those of you who may still care.

From what I can see, the only people who are doing anything to KRR are Bimblesnaff and his twin brother Mints. Bimblesnaff has been a part of the staff for the website for a looong time, probably at least as long as when I first joined the forum at least ten (maybe even fifteen) years ago now. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say Bimblesnaff (and Mints too obviously) are probably around my age, mid-to-late 20s, maybe even early 30s. Point is, they are more then likely adults that have other responsibilities in their life aside from constantly updating an ancient website for Kirby fans; they probably have jobs, wish to socialize with their friends, family, whatever, or even just do other things they enjoy working on. That's not to say they don't like or care about KRR (seeing as Bimblesnaff still releases a minor update here and there), but after reading everything they have said regarding the dark history of KRR, it's fair to say that they lost a lot of their passion for the site. Understandable, seeing as they had to deal with a bunch of butts posing as "staff" for the site and Mints even had to activate the "self-destruct" button as a last resort to get the so-called "staff" to stop whining and making absurd demands to them.

Another things to consider is the validity of fansites themselves in this day and age; aside from those of us who started coming here a long time ago, who is going to come to a fansite for any reason? For people who want news on their favorite games, there's a whole bunch of better websites out there that keep up to date on that kind of stuff. Fan art and such can be found elsewhere as well. The only real thing that can draw people in are the things you will only find in fansites, like opinion articles or what have you. And let's be honest here, how many people here would care about that kind of stuff? I like a good interesting read on things I like, but not everybody else does. As much as I don't like the thought and consider them to still be viable, even forums themselves are starting to become obsolete to most people, the few I still know of that are still strong are the popular ones that have been around for a long freaking time.

What the site probably needs most is some new staff members that are not only passionate about Kirby and the site, but can actually keep coming up with new exclusive content that people will like and keep coming back to, but all things considered, don't really see that happening. Aside from those who have interest in such things to begin with and keep up with it, who even understands HTML code anymore (or whatever it is KRR uses)? With things like Facebook and all the social media nonsense everyone seems to value more than life itself and websites for almost anything under the sun, personal websites aren't even really a thing anymore. Places like KRR are something akin to a relic of a time long past; it may have wowed people back then, but today it's just a shell of its former glory (worst case scenario is Super Mario Bros. HQ, that used to considered one of the very best Mario fansites out there, now it's just an unattended corpse littered with enough unrelated ads that would make even the most tolerant of people turn away in disgust). Could KRR come back up and reclaim it's lost glory? It's always possible, but all things considered, I think it's very unlikely; KRR as it is today is the equivalent of someone, long thought dead, waking up from basically a four-year long coma.

Long story short, as someone who liked and came to the website way back in the day, I wouldn't expect much from KRR today. Fansites like KRR fill a pretty specific niche that doesn't really appeal to most people on the Internet today. I wouldn't go so far as to say "it's dead, Jim", but KRR is never going back to the glory it once held, those days are long gone and the Internet is a very different place today then it was back then.

Well, the problem is Bimblesnaff won't let us update the site, even though back in 2016 we were happy to provide manual scans and other things.

That's why I suggest we start fresh on AD. :)

If you’re ever feeling lonely, watch this video:
https://youtu.be/mie-3U3H3iY