It is currently June 16th, 2019, 3:14 am

All times are UTC-04:00

ide
PostPosted: June 20th, 2017, 12:02 am 
Puff in Training Male
Puff in Training

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star Ultra
KEEBY64 wrote:
Well, the problem is Bimblesnaff won't let us update the site, even though back in 2016 we were happy to provide manual scans and other things.

That's why I suggest we start fresh on AD. :)

We're not talking about the forum, here. We're talking about information on the site, proper. Forums in general are a dying breed. I'd be willing to say a Rainbow Resort Discord might be the way to go. The site itself, with information on Kirby games, powerups, ect., is still worth breathing life back into.

ide
PostPosted: June 20th, 2017, 4:11 am 
Dream Warrior A_mystery
Dream Warrior

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 3
Location: It's crazy that I'm using this like an "About Me" section, right? Anyways, I lost interest in Kirby.
Caused wrote:
KEEBY64 wrote:
Well, the problem is Bimblesnaff won't let us update the site, even though back in 2016 we were happy to provide manual scans and other things.

We're not talking about the forum, here. We're talking about information on the site, proper. Forums in general are a dying breed. I'd be willing to say a Rainbow Resort Discord might be the way to go. The site itself, with information on Kirby games, powerups, ect., is still worth breathing life back into.

Well, Bimblesnaff won't bother with it. So we're going to add guides on AD since Meta Naito seems to be dying as well.

If you’re ever feeling lonely, watch this video:
https://youtu.be/mie-3U3H3iY

ide
PostPosted: June 20th, 2017, 2:20 pm 
Simirror Male
Simirror

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow... It's getting pretty congested up here though.
KEEBY64 wrote:

You have a source on that? And even if that is the case, all things considered, can't say I blame him. They got burned pretty bad by the former "staff", I'd imagine he's not exactly anxious about potentially allowing the same thing to happen again.

KEEBY64 wrote:
Well, Bimblesnaff won't bother with it. So we're going to add guides on AD since Meta Naito seems to be dying as well.

Yeah, see, this is what I was talking about earlier. What is Another Dimension going to have that'll stand out from everything else? I doubt people will go just for guides, GameFAQs already has that covered and then some. News? There are websites dedicated to just video game news and journalism. Fan art and fan fiction? Places like DeviantART and FanFiction.net. You're talking about making something that'll match up to the former glory days of KRR, but that's going to take a lot of time and effort to achieve. Honestly, in this day and age, I don't think fan sites really have much use to people anymore aside from perhaps having a community, even then though forums are apparently a dying medium and the only ones still going strong are the ones that have been around for a while and maintain popularity. I'm not trying to be discouraging here, but we have to be realistic about this: AO won't be the greatest thing ever overnight.

Gotta be frank here, I am having a very hard time figuring out your angle on all of this. I see you around here, complaining about how dead this place is and that everyone should go onto to your new forum and what have you, but then I see you being a total jerk to Bimblesnaff and demanding that he do more on things he doesn't even work on (which he has told you several times). Like, what do you even want? You either want to move on or you don't; you can't have it both ways.

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Carnival Phantasm (ep. 8), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Ben-Tou (ep. 9, ulgh...), Shinryaku!? Ika Musume (ep. 5)
Reading: nothing

ide
PostPosted: June 20th, 2017, 10:05 pm 
Dream Warrior A_mystery
Dream Warrior

Location: It's crazy that I'm using this like an "About Me" section, right? Anyways, I lost interest in Kirby.
Soniti254 wrote:
KEEBY64 wrote:

You have a source on that? And even if that is the case, all things considered, can't say I blame him. They got burned pretty bad by the former "staff", I'd imagine he's not exactly anxious about potentially allowing the same thing to happen again.

KEEBY64 wrote:

Yeah, see, this is what I was talking about earlier. What is Another Dimension going to have that'll stand out from everything else? I doubt people will go just for guides, GameFAQs already has that covered and then some. News? There are websites dedicated to just video game news and journalism. Fan art and fan fiction? Places like DeviantART and FanFiction.net. You're talking about making something that'll match up to the former glory days of KRR, but that's going to take a lot of time and effort to achieve. Honestly, in this day and age, I don't think fan sites really have much use to people anymore aside from perhaps having a community, even then though forums are apparently a dying medium and the only ones still going strong are the ones that have been around for a while and maintain popularity. I'm not trying to be discouraging here, but we have to be realistic about this: AO won't be the greatest thing ever overnight.

Gotta be frank here, I am having a very hard time figuring out your angle on all of this. I see you around here, complaining about how dead this place is and that everyone should go onto to your new forum and what have you, but then I see you being a total jerk to Bimblesnaff and demanding that he do more on things he doesn't even work on (which he has told you several times). Like, what do you even want? You either want to move on or you don't; you can't have it both ways.

Honestly, I don't really know what to do anymore.

I just feel like dying. Is there really a point to life anymore?

ide
PostPosted: June 21st, 2017, 12:56 am 
Simirror Male
Simirror

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow... It's getting pretty congested up here though.
KEEBY64 wrote:
Honestly, I don't really know what to do anymore.

I just feel like dying. Is there really a point to life anymore?

Well.... That just escalated quickly.

Aren't you only like 14? You are waaay too young to be having this kind of mentality, dude.

If it seemed like I was rustling your jimmies, wasn't my intention and I apologize; I tend to be pretty blunt when I talk. Like I said, I just can't understand what you are trying to do regarding the KRR community (or what's left of it anyway).

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Carnival Phantasm (ep. 8), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Ben-Tou (ep. 9, ulgh...), Shinryaku!? Ika Musume (ep. 5)

ide
PostPosted: June 21st, 2017, 1:10 am 
Dream Warrior A_mystery
Dream Warrior

There hasn't been a community for a long, long time.

I've had this mentality since I was 12. I don't see what's so abnormal about it.

ide
PostPosted: June 21st, 2017, 8:57 am 
Simirror Male
Simirror

KEEBY64 wrote:

As I said, what's left of it anyway.

KEEBY64 wrote:
I've had this mentality since I was 12. I don't see what's so abnormal about it.

You're life hasn't even started yet and you're already questioning if life's worth living, that's definitely not a healthy mentality for a 14 year old. When you get older and you start having a taste of what real life is like, you are going to be telling yourself "Man, I had it made like a bandit back then, I had absolutely nothing to worry about." How do I know this? Because I'm 27 years old, and now that I'm trying to get by in modern day society today and am forced to be an adult for the past 8 years, I can say with utmost certainty that I had it so easy back then and I would love to go back to such a state. The only thing I really don't miss is school. :P

Being an adult may have its perks (I love being able to buy whatever I want within reason, for instance), but so did being a kid. When I was a kid, I could sit on my butt all day or do almost anything else I wanted without any real consequence. Now that I'm an adult, my own personal time is a bit slimmer since I have a job to go to (as someone who experienced this in the past, having income is so much better then having no income), so even though I don't particularly like what I do, unless I want to fall back into unemployment, I don't have much choice but to truck through it all.

ide
PostPosted: June 22nd, 2017, 3:53 am 
Dream Warrior A_mystery
Dream Warrior

Soniti254 wrote:
KEEBY64 wrote:

As I said, what's left of it anyway.

KEEBY64 wrote:

You're life hasn't even started yet and you're already questioning if life's worth living, that's definitely not a healthy mentality for a 14 year old. When you get older and you start having a taste of what real life is like, you are going to be telling yourself "Man, I had it made like a bandit back then, I had absolutely nothing to worry about." How do I know this? Because I'm 27 years old, and now that I'm trying to get by in modern day society today and am forced to be an adult for the past 8 years, I can say with utmost certainty that I had it so easy back then and I would love to go back to such a state. The only thing I really don't miss is school. :P

Being an adult may have its perks (I love being able to buy whatever I want within reason, for instance), but so did being a kid. When I was a kid, I could sit on my butt all day or do almost anything else I wanted without any real consequence. Now that I'm an adult, my own personal time is a bit slimmer since I have a job to go to (as someone who experienced this in the past, having income is so much better then having no income), so even though I don't particularly like what I do, unless I want to fall back into unemployment, I don't have much choice but to truck through it all.

And that's why I want to die. So I don't have to experience all of that.

ide
PostPosted: June 22nd, 2017, 12:53 pm 
Simirror Male
Simirror

Since you just brushed everything I wrote aside, I'm going to assume you're not very interested in helping yourself back up, so I see no point in continuing this discussion with you. I'll just leave you with something a wise person once said: "Death is a permanent solution to a temporary problem."

ide
PostPosted: June 23rd, 2017, 4:55 am 
Dream Warrior A_mystery
Dream Warrior

Could you please tell me why I would listen to advice like that???

ide
PostPosted: June 23rd, 2017, 12:15 pm 
Simirror Male
Simirror

It means exactly what it says. This depression you're feeling, this feeling of self-worthlessness you seem to have; all of those negative emotions you're dealing with are temporary, they will go away after a while. It will take time and effort on your part, but they won't bother you anymore in due time. However, you need to work on that yourself and you have to want to feel better about yourself. Sitting on your butt wallowing in self-pity isn't going to change anything. As someone who used to suffer from depression and am close friends with people who had even worse cases of depression, I can tell you most assuredly that is what you need to do.

ide
PostPosted: June 24th, 2017, 8:39 am 
Dream Warrior A_mystery
Dream Warrior

Soniti254 wrote:
It means exactly what it says. This depression you're feeling, this feeling of self-worthlessness you seem to have; all of those negative emotions you're dealing with are temporary, they will go away after a while. It will take time and effort on your part, but they won't bother you anymore in due time. However, you need to work on that yourself and you have to want to feel better about yourself. Sitting on your butt wallowing in self-pity isn't going to change anything. As someone who used to suffer from depression and am close friends with people who had even worse cases of depression, I can tell you most assuredly that is what you need to do.

Considering how I like being lazy, I don't think I'll ever manage to get rid of it.

ide
PostPosted: June 24th, 2017, 9:30 pm 
Water Drop Male
Water Drop

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star
Poor Bimblesnaff.

ide
PostPosted: June 25th, 2017, 1:11 pm 
Parasol Dee A_mystery
Parasol Dee

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Return to Dream Land
Soniti254 wrote:
Another things to consider is the validity of fansites themselves in this day and age; aside from those of us who started coming here a long time ago, who is going to come to a fansite for any reason? For people who want news on their favorite games, there's a whole bunch of better websites out there that keep up to date on that kind of stuff. Fan art and such can be found elsewhere as well. The only real thing that can draw people in are the things you will only find in fansites, like opinion articles or what have you. And let's be honest here, how many people here would care about that kind of stuff? I like a good interesting read on things I like, but not everybody else does. As much as I don't like the thought and consider them to still be viable, even forums themselves are starting to become obsolete to most people, the few I still know of that are still strong are the popular ones that have been around for a long freaking time.

What the site probably needs most is some new staff members that are not only passionate about Kirby and the site, but can actually keep coming up with new exclusive content that people will like and keep coming back to, but all things considered, don't really see that happening. Aside from those who have interest in such things to begin with and keep up with it, who even understands HTML code anymore (or whatever it is KRR uses)? With things like Facebook and all the social media nonsense everyone seems to value more than life itself and websites for almost anything under the sun, personal websites aren't even really a thing anymore. Places like KRR are something akin to a relic of a time long past; it may have wowed people back then, but today it's just a shell of its former glory (worst case scenario is Super Mario Bros. HQ, that used to considered one of the very best Mario fansites out there, now it's just an unattended corpse littered with enough unrelated ads that would make even the most tolerant of people turn away in disgust). Could KRR come back up and reclaim it's lost glory? It's always possible, but all things considered, I think it's very unlikely; KRR as it is today is the equivalent of someone, long thought dead, waking up from basically a four-year long coma.

I feel like this a very good articulation of some of the things I've been feeling about this site.

I was never really into the site politics (I had joined the community back in 2008 when I was 14 and by then the site had already pretty much passed its heyday from what I understand) and enjoyed having a place to talk about the anime. I was annoying, but you all put up with me. Bless.

The thing I loved about KRR, aside from the forums, was that it had an outstanding database of stuff to look into. To this day, I still use the OP HNK section to see a quick list of the subtitled episodes, since the thumbnails make it easier to remember the episodes. KRR has a fantastic information database.

It's easy to want to ask for (/demand) changes, especially if you're like me and have zero understanding of any underlying politics. That said, it would be pretty cool to see the site undergo a rebirth (major design/coding changes, pages added,) because the amount of organization and depth of information about Kirby content (the games, anime, etc) stills hold to pretty impressive standards. Forum boards are sadly outdated but I think the site still holds strength in being a nicely organized Kirby information center. Perhaps not dissimilar to how Serebii.net is my go-to on Pokemon information due to its extensive database.

...And to end this completely off-topic, thank you to the hero that added Wess from Mother 3 as an emoji :wessdance:

ide
PostPosted: June 25th, 2017, 5:10 pm 
Dream Warrior A_mystery
Dream Warrior

luvkirby4ever wrote:
Soniti254 wrote:
Another things to consider is the validity of fansites themselves in this day and age; aside from those of us who started coming here a long time ago, who is going to come to a fansite for any reason? For people who want news on their favorite games, there's a whole bunch of better websites out there that keep up to date on that kind of stuff. Fan art and such can be found elsewhere as well. The only real thing that can draw people in are the things you will only find in fansites, like opinion articles or what have you. And let's be honest here, how many people here would care about that kind of stuff? I like a good interesting read on things I like, but not everybody else does. As much as I don't like the thought and consider them to still be viable, even forums themselves are starting to become obsolete to most people, the few I still know of that are still strong are the popular ones that have been around for a long freaking time.

What the site probably needs most is some new staff members that are not only passionate about Kirby and the site, but can actually keep coming up with new exclusive content that people will like and keep coming back to, but all things considered, don't really see that happening. Aside from those who have interest in such things to begin with and keep up with it, who even understands HTML code anymore (or whatever it is KRR uses)? With things like Facebook and all the social media nonsense everyone seems to value more than life itself and websites for almost anything under the sun, personal websites aren't even really a thing anymore. Places like KRR are something akin to a relic of a time long past; it may have wowed people back then, but today it's just a shell of its former glory (worst case scenario is Super Mario Bros. HQ, that used to considered one of the very best Mario fansites out there, now it's just an unattended corpse littered with enough unrelated ads that would make even the most tolerant of people turn away in disgust). Could KRR come back up and reclaim it's lost glory? It's always possible, but all things considered, I think it's very unlikely; KRR as it is today is the equivalent of someone, long thought dead, waking up from basically a four-year long coma.

I feel like this a very good articulation of some of the things I've been feeling about this site.

I was never really into the site politics (I had joined the community back in 2008 when I was 14 and by then the site had already pretty much passed its heyday from what I understand) and enjoyed having a place to talk about the anime. I was annoying, but you all put up with me. Bless.

The thing I loved about KRR, aside from the forums, was that it had an outstanding database of stuff to look into. To this day, I still use the OP HNK section to see a quick list of the subtitled episodes, since the thumbnails make it easier to remember the episodes. KRR has a fantastic information database.

It's easy to want to ask for (/demand) changes, especially if you're like me and have zero understanding of any underlying politics. That said, it would be pretty cool to see the site undergo a rebirth (major design/coding changes, pages added,) because the amount of organization and depth of information about Kirby content (the games, anime, etc) stills hold to pretty impressive standards. Forum boards are sadly outdated but I think the site still holds strength in being a nicely organized Kirby information center. Perhaps not dissimilar to how Serebii.net is my go-to on Pokemon information due to its extensive database.

...And to end this completely off-topic, thank you to the hero that added Wess from Mother 3 as an emoji :wessdance:

They are not emoji. They are smileys.

Also, why would you want a character doing a sexual dance as a smiley on what is supposed to be a family friendly site?

ide
PostPosted: July 3rd, 2017, 4:43 am 
Parasol Dee A_mystery
Parasol Dee

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Return to Dream Land
I'm going to take this opportunity to re-articulate that I think KRR's strong point is its database of knowledge and although it may be unsuitable for current-day community that if our pages were updated with current Kirby information that it would still stand firmly as a useful resource.

ide
PostPosted: July 3rd, 2017, 7:45 am 
Simirror Male
Simirror

luvkirby4ever wrote:
I'm going to take this opportunity to re-articulate that I think KRR's strong point is its database of knowledge and although it may be unsuitable for current-day community that if our pages were updated with current Kirby information that it would still stand firmly as a useful resource.

I actually really like this idea and it could work out pretty well. I think it still could really use some new blood to help run and maintain the website though, particularly by people who are passionate about the franchise and the website, as I said before; seeing as Bimblesnaff and Mints don't seem to work on it as much as some of us may like to see. All things considered though, not sure how likely that'll end up happening or what KRR will turn up like in the future.

ide
PostPosted: July 3rd, 2017, 8:10 pm 
Dream Warrior A_mystery
Dream Warrior

Are you even listening to me? Even though 'Snaff and Mints are lazy, for whatever reason they won't let US update the site.

This is why we're starting anew on AD.

ide
PostPosted: July 4th, 2017, 12:19 pm 
Water Drop Male
Water Drop

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star
I am listening to you.

ide
PostPosted: July 5th, 2017, 12:14 am 
Dream Warrior A_mystery
Dream Warrior

AlveinHero wrote:
I am listening to you.

Thanks.