Welcome back, Kirby fans. We missed us.
It is currently June 18th, 2019, 12:50 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

ide
PostPosted: July 7th, 2017, 3:21 am 
Parasol Dee A_mystery
Parasol Dee

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Return to Dream Land
Perhaps starting anew is a fine solution but as long as I'm casually bumming around here I'm going to remain somewhat calm and composed as a way to atone for being an obnoxious member of this community back in the day.

KRR, regardless of any drama, is a good resource. I still use the OP HNK tab as a quick index for remembering HNK episodes and nobody else has yet to have such a neat and identifiable guide, not even Wikipedia.

ide
PostPosted: July 7th, 2017, 5:50 am 
Dream Warrior A_mystery
Dream Warrior

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 3
Location: It's crazy that I'm using this like an "About Me" section, right? Anyways, I lost interest in Kirby.
Yes, it may be good as a resource, but what use is it if it's never updated, and the few staff that are left neglect to update it, even if we are providing them the info?

Besides, this place isn't a very good community, considering there are no moderators to approve new users on the forum.

TL;DR: Don't beat up KRR. It's a dead horse.

If you’re ever feeling lonely, watch this video:
https://youtu.be/mie-3U3H3iY

ide
PostPosted: July 7th, 2017, 6:09 am 
Parasol Dee A_mystery
Parasol Dee

Noworries- I don't plan on beating up KRR. Rather, I'm going to give it a little pat and appreciate it for what I still love about it.

In all seriousness, if you're trying to convince people to use whatever new site instead of KRR you need to work on winning over people's hearts.

ide
PostPosted: July 7th, 2017, 6:49 am 
Dream Warrior A_mystery
Dream Warrior

Location: It's crazy that I'm using this like an "About Me" section, right? Anyways, I lost interest in Kirby.
luvkirby4ever wrote:
Noworries- I don't plan on beating up KRR. Rather, I'm going to give it a little pat and appreciate it for what I still love about it.

In all seriousness, if you're trying to convince people to use whatever new site instead of KRR you need to work on winning over people's hearts.

I know, but that takes time.

ide
PostPosted: July 7th, 2017, 7:00 am 
Parasol Dee A_mystery
Parasol Dee

I'd argue that you should worry more about your temperament than time. I currently have 0% interest in joining any new communities with people that go around shaming and tearing down old communities... and I doubt I'm the only one offput by that.

And on that note, I think I've said all I need to in this topic thread. Peace. *backflips out the door*

ide
PostPosted: July 7th, 2017, 7:39 am 
Dream Warrior A_mystery
Dream Warrior

I was not "shaming" KRR. I was just saying to not beat up a dead horse, AKA trying to "revive" KRR.

Ugh...

ide
PostPosted: July 7th, 2017, 1:21 pm 
Simirror Male
Simirror

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star Ultra
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow... It's getting pretty congested up here though.
KEEBY64 wrote:
I was not "shaming" KRR. I was just saying to not beat up a dead horse, AKA trying to "revive" KRR.

Ugh...

Uh... What? You haven't done anything but making demands towards the staff while throwing insults at them while you're at it for who knows how long now. I can't really say I blame luvkirby4ever for not exactly being enthusiast about joining your community; showing a little respect goes a long way, and I'm having some difficulty finding that in your posts.

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Carnival Phantasm (ep. 8), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Ben-Tou (ep. 9, ulgh...), Shinryaku!? Ika Musume (ep. 5)
Reading: nothing

ide
PostPosted: July 7th, 2017, 10:04 pm 
Dream Warrior A_mystery
Dream Warrior

Soniti254 wrote:
KEEBY64 wrote:

Ugh...

Uh... What? You haven't done anything but making demands towards the staff while throwing insults at them while you're at it for who knows how long now. I can't really say I blame luvkirby4ever for not exactly being enthusiast about joining your community; showing a little respect goes a long way, and I'm having some difficulty finding that in your posts.

Yes... I did make demands towards the staff... when I still had hope for this place.

Also, I am showing a little respect. I'm not showing a LOT, but I'm showing a little, so I don't get why you're complaining.

Trying to revive KRR just causes drama.

(I'm sorry to say this, but I don't think people know the meanings of certain words anymore... :beansad: )

ide
PostPosted: July 8th, 2017, 8:02 am 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land
Who are the current mods and admins these days?

ide
PostPosted: July 8th, 2017, 8:42 am 
Parasol Dee A_mystery
Parasol Dee

I think as it currently stands, the mods aren't really around here anymore. I think that's why KEEBY hasn't been suspended/banned yet.

ide
PostPosted: July 8th, 2017, 10:20 am 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

Well, in some ways, I suppose it's a good thing they're not around. If nothing else, it's shown that the forum can stand on its own without spam infesting it... Mints' anti-spam measures seem to work. :)

ide
PostPosted: July 8th, 2017, 11:19 am 
Parasol Dee A_mystery
Parasol Dee

The only exception is that there's a least one robot that seems to hang around. XRumerTest has been leaving spammy replies to stuff and I'm worried that it would try to do something weird like bring a virus with it. I'm not very well-taught on stuff like how bots and viruses work so I'm not sure how compromising bots are to a site's integrity.

ide
PostPosted: July 8th, 2017, 11:43 am 
Simirror Male
Simirror

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star Ultra
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow... It's getting pretty congested up here though.
I was going to write a post towards KEEBY, but I don't see the point; you'll just backpedal and try to spin it around in your favor when we can already see that you're a condescending hypocrite. I'm just going to ignore you from here on out, I'm not interested in dealing with the headaches you cause me any further.

luvkirby4ever wrote:
The only exception is that there's a least one robot that seems to hang around. XRumerTest has been leaving spammy replies to stuff and I'm worried that it would try to do something weird like bring a virus with it. I'm not very well-taught on stuff like how bots and viruses work so I'm not sure how compromising bots are to a site's integrity.

I'm not too sure of how bots and viruses works myself, but generally speaking, bots are more of an annoyance then anything else and your best defense is to just ignore them: don't click on any links they leave behind and you should be fine. Bots do tend to turn people away; not that that's much of an issue around here to begin with.

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Carnival Phantasm (ep. 8), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Ben-Tou (ep. 9, ulgh...), Shinryaku!? Ika Musume (ep. 5)
Reading: nothing

ide
PostPosted: July 8th, 2017, 1:11 pm 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

RE: Bots. Yeah, bots posting in a forum is pretty certain proof of a lack of maintenance. It's like not visiting your Animal Crossing village for a long time and seeing all that grass everywhere!

As far as a discouraging factor, I'd have to agree. I mean, if the maintainers of the site can't be bothered why should I bother signing up?

It's sad. All it would take is one active mod/admin. It's not as if the place is over run with new members spamming everywhere. C'mon mods, someone come out of the woodwork. :)

ide
PostPosted: July 8th, 2017, 1:41 pm 
Parasol Dee A_mystery
Parasol Dee

To be fair, life trudges on and I'm sure the old mods have more to worry about than a graveyard forum board. I don't disagree- it would be nice to know that there's a mod waiting in the weeds to swat away trouble- but I'm sure that in the grand scheme of things they have more important things to worry about.

From a realistic point of view, I wouldn't be opposed to the forums shutting down. I think that the rest of KRR could still thrive under management breathing life into its database of knowledge, but as far as forums go the medium itself is dated.

...And that's coming from someone whose entire internet life is traced back to here. I would have never joined the Deviantart community or made my most popular Youtube video if it wasn't for this place. I loved being here. But in the absence of introducing a new/different form of community hub that would draw in a fresh and new audience, I don't think that KRR can centralize as a community anymore.

ide
PostPosted: July 8th, 2017, 10:18 pm 
Dream Warrior A_mystery
Dream Warrior

Exactly. The staff do not seem to care about the forum anymore, and they won't let us update the site, so some of us started a new one. One of the owner's first big plans is to get an art gallery for SFW Kirby art up as soon as possible.

I honestly don't know what to do anymore, haha.

ide
PostPosted: July 9th, 2017, 2:18 am 
Parasol Dee A_mystery
Parasol Dee

Well for starters you could just let us have our fun. It's fine to try and make a replacement site but you're not going to win anyone's love by being mean to people about hanging out here.

Just try to remember that the age of independent sites is losing its egde. On Deviantart I'm already a part of 2 SFW Kirby fanart groups (one dedicated to the games, the other for the anime) so I don't necessarily feel a need to join any sites to see fan art. The anime group actually holds events/contests every so often (in fact I'm participating in a contest right now) which makes it feel more like a community. The group leader is very benevolent and talks openly with us about ideas.

KRR is irreplaceable because the kind of community that it was is not the kind of community that thrives anymore. You could build a different site that takes everything KRR has and make it 1000 times better but it's just not going to stick.

ide
PostPosted: July 9th, 2017, 11:02 am 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

Yeah, I'm probably just getting old and resisting change. Still, I do like a nice central place to visit. It's like a market square. Joining lots of sites and social groups is fine but it does (to my old brain!) feel a little too disjointed...

Still, I'll keep on eye on Keeby's thing and see if it gains any positive traction and content and I'll visit the (fairly active) Reddit. I'll also keep posting here too. It does seem there are a few regulars that are still hanging around here.

I like the idea of Deviant Art but I'm not an artist so I always feel like a bit of an outsider only really capable of posting cheerleading things like "Ooh, that's cool" or "Good work!". Kinda feels a bit hollow posting the same asinine platitudes...

PS: One positive observation regarding KRR - For it being inactive this thread has managed to make 3 pages... ;)

ide
PostPosted: July 9th, 2017, 1:31 pm 
Dream Warrior A_mystery
Dream Warrior

Hoshii No Pedro wrote:
Yeah, I'm probably just getting old and resisting change. Still, I do like a nice central place to visit. It's like a market square. Joining lots of sites and social groups is fine but it does (to my old brain!) feel a little too disjointed...

Still, I'll keep on eye on Keeby's thing and see if it gains any positive traction and content and I'll visit the (fairly active) Reddit. I'll also keep posting here too. It does seem there are a few regulars that are still hanging around here.

I like the idea of Deviant Art but I'm not an artist so I always feel like a bit of an outsider only really capable of posting cheerleading things like "Ooh, that's cool" or "Good work!". Kinda feels a bit hollow posting the same asinine platitudes...

PS: One positive observation regarding KRR - For it being inactive this thread has managed to make 3 pages... ;)

That's nothing. The KRR is dead thread from August 2016 reached over 4 pages.

(Also, call me "mean" all you want, but I'm just trying to point out you're wrong about some things, and you refuse to accept it...)

ide
PostPosted: July 9th, 2017, 2:05 pm 
Parasol Dee A_mystery
Parasol Dee

To be fair about some of these threads getting a few pages of activity, a good chunk of that is Keeby trying to bait people into arguing with her.

Hoshii No Pedro wrote:

This is an interesting point, considering my idea for a newer community would be a place that would promote KRR across multiple platforms (Deviantart, Discord, Tumblr, Twitter, other stuff people use). I agree- "disjointed" is a very good way to think of it. I think nowadays the internet uses a less centralized approach to community? It's very weird watching how the internet has evolved.