[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 370: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
General Sonic thread - Page 111 - Kirby's Rainbow Resort

Kirby's Rainbow Resort

Welcome back, Kirby fans. We missed us.
It is currently August 8th, 2020, 10:26 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2270 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1109 110 111 112 113 114 Next
ide
 Post subject: Re: General Sonic thread
PostPosted: February 17th, 2010, 9:57 pm 
THE PINK KIRBY Female
THE PINK KIRBY

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 2

ide
PostPosted: February 17th, 2010, 11:18 pm 
The most effectual Male
The most effectual

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby & the Amazing Mirror
"Dimps sucks, they made the Advance and Rush games!"

"BioWare sucks, they made Sonic Chronicles!"

"Sonic Team sucks, they made Shadow the Hedgehog!"

Hopefully you can see where I'm going with this.

ide
PostPosted: February 17th, 2010, 11:52 pm 
THE PINK KIRBY Female
THE PINK KIRBY

They also made the Day stages in the Wii version of Unleashed!!!! Which were pretty eh.

No but yeah, I'm not sure what you're getting at. Dimps? Only one game I didn't dislike, and I don't think I'd say I actually liked Advance 1. Bioware? I haven't actually played a single game by them I've liked. Sonic Team? Well they haven't exactly had the best track record recently!

So, what, are you trying to point out that companies that have established patterns tend to follow those? Because yes that's what I was getting at, too. Yeah, sure, a company can surprise you and break that pattern. Sonic Team surprised me (in a good way) with Unleashed. Bioware surprised most people (in a bad way) with Chronicles. But it's kind of retarded to bet on that happening. "Well sure their last and a half games have been bad BUT MAYBE THIS ONE WILL BE DIFFERENT......." Hey you know what this fire has been pretty hot every time I've touched it but maybe this time will be better????

You'll forgive me if I'm not going to be like that, Chooch. You'll forgive me if I'm not going to ignore the past, ignore the evidence, and decide "hey maybe this will be different."

ide
PostPosted: February 18th, 2010, 1:59 am 
The most effectual Male
The most effectual

I was moreso making the point that it doesn't matter who the hell is developing the game. If it's good, it's good. If it's bad it's bad.

BioWare has an absolutely fantastic track record. So why the hell did so many people feel like Sonic Chronicles was mediocre? Sonic Team has an awful track record, so why was Sonic Unleashed so good? It's because a track record isn't the be all end all way to tell if a game is good or bad like you're trying to imply it is.

It's not about ignoring the past, it's about not being a !@#$% retard and jumping to conclusions when you've got less than a minute of gameplay footage to base @$#^ on.

Whine about Sonic 4 when you actually know a bit about Sonic 4. Thank you and goodnight.

ide
PostPosted: February 18th, 2010, 3:57 am 
THE PINK KIRBY Female
THE PINK KIRBY

I'll agree with you there: past quality doesn't determine future quality. Obviously if that were the case Sonic wouldn't be in the mess he's in now!

But you seem to be confusing me going "Oh no Dimps that's not a good sign :(" with "THIS GAME IS RUINED FOREVER THERE IS NO CHANCE IT WILL EVER BE GOOD." That's not it at all! I'm just being honest and admitting, yeah, I'm disappointed that the game got handed to them. I'd rather see it in the hands of, say, the HD Unleashed guys. Might not play classic, then, but I'm pretty sure it'd play fun.

ide
PostPosted: February 18th, 2010, 9:03 pm 
Simirror Female
Simirror

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star
I agree with Joshi on this one. If you simply think, "Oh this MIGHT turn out badly" then I don't see the problem. They are simply preparing themselves for the possibility of the worst outcome.

Honestly I try not to pay too much attention to who develops it. Any company can make one thing golden and then the next a heaping pile of #*(@. You just never know...

ide
PostPosted: February 18th, 2010, 11:12 pm 
Shooting Star Male
Shooting Star

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards

ide
PostPosted: February 18th, 2010, 11:30 pm 
THE PINK KIRBY Female
THE PINK KIRBY

Wow, hey, that's totally not something we've been discussing for the last page.

ide
PostPosted: February 19th, 2010, 4:59 am 
THE PINK KIRBY Female
THE PINK KIRBY

http://www.sonicretro.org/2010/02/sonic ... pressions/

This however is actually something new!

ide
PostPosted: February 19th, 2010, 7:41 am 
Cutter Power! Male
Cutter Power!

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star Ultra
I read a bit of that thread last night. Right after, another guy acted like he played the demo with a short, but similar response (he was lying). This Endri fellow backed up one of the things the guy made up, and got caught for it.

So yeah I think this "impression" is a bunch of @$#^.

ide
PostPosted: February 19th, 2010, 2:30 pm 
THE PINK KIRBY Female
THE PINK KIRBY

That's really good to hear.

ide
PostPosted: February 19th, 2010, 2:35 pm 
The most effectual Male
The most effectual

I'm reserving judgment until we have concrete evidence, but gut instinct tells me that Endri's full of @$#^.

The Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing demo is amazing. Download it, play it, revel in the awesomeness, then buy the full game as soon as you can.

ide
PostPosted: February 19th, 2010, 11:39 pm 
Cutter Power! Male
Cutter Power!

Something that might cheer up the people against Dimps.

I'd assume if they found it important to mention his name, then he obviously has some control over the project.

ide
PostPosted: February 20th, 2010, 12:29 am 
THE PINK KIRBY Female
THE PINK KIRBY

...oh.

oh @$#^.

ide
PostPosted: February 21st, 2010, 10:33 pm 
The most effectual Male
The most effectual

ide
PostPosted: February 22nd, 2010, 3:16 pm 
The most effectual Male
The most effectual

ide
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2010, 9:02 pm 
Cutter Power! Male
Cutter Power!

We got Sonic next to a 10 ring monitor, a picture of the 360 dashboard to show the legitimacy of the picture, and a repeat of the very first clash with Robotnik during a lovely sunset.

The article with it makes it seem like that Endri guy was in fact right about what is in the game, though. So I am slightly worried...

EDIT: oh it says how many MS points it'll be worth. Even if in the end the game is absolutely terrible, it'll only be $5.

ide
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2010, 9:42 pm 
THE PINK KIRBY Female
THE PINK KIRBY

Black mustache.

ide
PostPosted: February 24th, 2010, 12:02 am 
The most effectual Male
The most effectual

Actually it's still brown, there's just a lot of shading on it due to the dimmed lighting.

The game's looking great. If it really is only $5 then that's even better.

ide
PostPosted: February 24th, 2010, 3:24 pm 
Simirror Female
Simirror

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star
*looks at previous post about Sonic All Star-Racing* Behold the power of Eggspeed! I know it is only vehicles and all but the idea of Eggman having more top speed over Sonic is kinda funny. Too bad he fails at acceleration.

As for Sonic 4, glad to hear it will be $5. People kept posted it would be $10-15 or something.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2270 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1109 110 111 112 113 114 Next