[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 370: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 370: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
Toho Projektou - Page 5 - Kirby's Rainbow Resort

Kirby's Rainbow Resort

Welcome back, Kirby fans. We missed us.
It is currently September 19th, 2020, 1:02 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
ide
 Post subject: Re: Toho Projektou
PostPosted: February 27th, 2011, 9:14 pm 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

Stoked. Can't wait to see the new bosses.

YOUMU

ide
PostPosted: February 28th, 2011, 1:42 am 
ό ωό A_mystery
ό ωό

whoops i forgot to post in this thread

http://kalfisquine.com/blog/?p=1253 translation of zun's blog thing

ide
PostPosted: February 28th, 2011, 4:44 am 
ό ωό A_mystery
ό ωό

ide
PostPosted: March 4th, 2011, 6:35 am 
I still can't see the difference between a Parasol and an Umbrella. A_mystery
I still can't see the difference between a Parasol and an Umbrella.

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Canvas Curse

ide
PostPosted: March 4th, 2011, 6:45 am 
Forum Moderator Male
Forum Moderator

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Planet Robobot
I..okay,

His writing in Japanese is pretty normal. Grammar and some nuances don't really transition too well when you translate Japanese to English.

ide
PostPosted: March 23rd, 2011, 12:10 am 
ό ωό A_mystery
ό ωό

so. . it owns.

ide
PostPosted: April 15th, 2011, 4:36 pm 
Forum Moderator Male
Forum Moderator

So ZUN .

Youmu's pretty tricky to use.

Fave song so far's stage 2's theme.

ide
PostPosted: April 16th, 2011, 1:58 am 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

I love how ZUN condensed the shot types.
The danmaku isn't as impressive as I'd hoped it would be, but it still works.

Yuyuko's portrait pose and attacking sprite make her seem surprisingly manly.

ide
PostPosted: April 16th, 2011, 2:19 am 
Forum Moderator Male
Forum Moderator

Dunno, I found them pretty creative. Like how Stage 2's boss was an Echo, so her shots bounced back and forth. Besides, we haven't seen the other bosses yet, and the spell practice mode's bound to have several ridiculous ones.

ide
PostPosted: April 16th, 2011, 3:15 am 
Star Herald A_mystery
Star Herald

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Air Ride
And here are the new characters!

The one on the left is the stage 2 boss, Koyuko Kasodani and the one on the right is the stage 3 boss, Yoshika Miyako. Kogasa and Yuyuko return as the stage 3 mid-boss and the stage 1 boss, respectively.

I like Yoshika the most out of those two. She reminds me of Dusclops of some reason.

ide
PostPosted: August 13th, 2011, 2:41 am 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

Well, uh, Ten Desires is out! Haven't seen any of the new characters, but they're on live streams and stuff.

ide
PostPosted: August 13th, 2011, 11:11 am 
Forum Moderator Male
Forum Moderator

Just played it. Lost my last continue on the last stage. Stage 4's boss and those curvy lasers really love hitting me.

ide
PostPosted: August 13th, 2011, 11:59 am 
a friendly ghost A_mystery
a friendly ghost

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star Ultra
Question: Would it be a bad idea or a good one for me to start with this new game? Should I play the others first? Actually, just give me a rundown of which Touhou games are good (If your answer is going to be "all of them" list the best). It seems like the type of game I'd really like since I play shmups but I have been slow on getting into it.

ide
PostPosted: August 13th, 2011, 1:31 pm 
Forum Moderator Male
Forum Moderator

In terms of just gameplay, this one's probably the best. The spells aren't too crazy, there's spell practice, and you don't have to worry about switching between characters like in 8, though that's not too big of a deal. Only huge downside is there's no translation patch out for it yet, and that this game references the stuff from 7 and 12.

In terms of getting to know the characters, starting with scarlet devil(6) and going through each would be best, but it's the least user-friendly. Perfect cherry blossom(7) might be better in that regard.

I started with imperishable night(8).

ide
PostPosted: August 13th, 2011, 7:29 pm 
Star Herald A_mystery
Star Herald

I started with Mountain of Faith (10) and played the rest in a random order.

If you want to start with an easy game, I'd go With 7, 8 + 13 (Perfect Cherry Blossom, Imperishable Night and Ten Desires, which is the newest one.)

If you want to start with a hard game, I'd suggest 11 + 12 (Subterranean Anmisim and Unidentified Fantstic Object)

Want to start in the middle? 10.

7.5, 10.5 and 12.3 are also fighting games if you're intrested in those as well.

ide
PostPosted: August 13th, 2011, 11:58 pm 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

I'd recommend 6, 7, or 8. Largely because it just makes sense to start with the earlier games.

6 - One of the slightly easier games. The graphics and sounds definitely aren't as good, but they're bearable. Besides, it's the first Windows game.
7 - One of the slightly harder ones. But in all the series, I feel that this one exemplifies Touhou the best.
8 - One of the easier games, and little more polished than its two predecessors.

ide
PostPosted: August 14th, 2011, 12:42 am 
Star Herald A_mystery
Star Herald

I plan on getting a Physical copy myself.

ide
PostPosted: August 14th, 2011, 3:20 am 
ό ωό A_mystery
ό ωό

oh someone linked my blog for me ァ '`,、'`,、('∀`) '`,、'`,、

at glod: 8 > 7 > 6 > 9 onward is my personal suggestion, but 13 is also a good one to start with if you aren't too worried about the story. 8 is the easiest out of the three, 7 is in between, and 6 is hardest out of them. 9 plays a bit differently (splitscreen, versus type shmup) and it isn't that difficult. they become more polished as they become newer, of course.

ide
PostPosted: August 17th, 2011, 3:07 am 
Graphically minded! A_mystery
Graphically minded!

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 3
Lots and lots of my friends are Touhou fans, so it wasn't long before I tried the series myself.

I actually started with Megamari long before I knew much about Touhou. Being a huge Mega Man fan, I was eager to try it when I heard that it was a Mega Man parody. (with awesome music, too) I haven't beaten it yet, but I plan to do a youtube playthrough of it sometime.

Just recently I decided to try out one of the main games in the series. A friend of mine suggested starting with TH06. I'm stuck on Patchouli Knowledge.

So yeah. I haven't played many games, but I'm already familiar with many of the characters. I also really, really enjoy the music in Touhou games. I guess you could say I'm a new fan!

ide
PostPosted: April 28th, 2016, 8:01 am 
Puff in Training Male
Puff in Training

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star Ultra
I'm calling on all touhou fans to help me revive this, it's been dead for 5 years

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next