[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 370: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
Pokemon 20th Anniversary! - Kirby's Rainbow Resort

Kirby's Rainbow Resort

Welcome back, Kirby fans. We missed us.
It is currently January 22nd, 2020, 7:04 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ide
PostPosted: April 2nd, 2016, 9:52 pm 
Super Star Male
Super Star

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
I'd be surprised if none of you heard about it yet, but this year the guys behind the Pokémon franchise are celebrating the 20th anniversary of the series itself! They just started giving away Mythical Pokémon this February. I got Pokémon X & Y, and received Mew, Celebi, and Jirachi so far. More will be coming each month after this up until this December, so now the best I can do is wait until May for Darkrai to be distributed via serial code like Mew was.

That aside, how do you plan on celebrating the 20th anniversary of the Pokémon series in your own way?

Escargoon: Hey wise guy, this is the king you're talking about! You can't insult him because he's fat! Or because he's a big ignoramous! Or because he's a tightwad- *gets smashed with Dedede's mallet*
~Here Comes the Son

Escargoon: Kitcheeennn!!!! Where's the chow, ya chowderheads?! His highness is hungry up here!
Waddle Doo: But we just served the King a 10-course meal!
Dedede: All of them appetizers was un-appetizin'! Bring me 10 different courses and make it snappy!
Waddle Doo: Right! *he and the Waddle Dees finish the 10 courses and bring the food to Dedede* Hup, two, three, four, we bring the food and he wants more! Five, six, seven, eight, the King had better watch his weight!
~Hour of the WolfWrath

ide
PostPosted: April 2nd, 2016, 11:29 pm 
FIRE FIRE FIRE MWAHAHAHA Male
FIRE FIRE FIRE MWAHAHAHA

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star
I'll celebrate it by buying the new generation games when they come out. That's 20 years of pure fun, right there. Sure, Pokemon has had some pitfalls, as well as an increasingly boring anime, but it is really hard not to love the series.

ide
PostPosted: April 6th, 2016, 7:28 pm 
Son of Wind Male
Son of Wind

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star Ultra
I used to have an unhealthy obsession with the series, and while I'm still very fond of the series, I'm not nearly as into it as I used to be. Yellow was my first Pokémon game, I got Gold after that, then I played Sapphire like there was no tomorrow. I maxed out the game time clock in Diamond (and then some) and got really into competitive battling... and I think that's where the flame inside me went out. I still got a signed copy of Platinum, Heart Gold, White, White 2, X, and Alpha Sapphire, and I enjoyed some more than others, but for the most part I just played through them casually and moved on when I was finished. I haven't even finished Alpha Sapphire since I just lost interest. I'm looking forward to getting Pokémon Moon, though, since the first games of each generation are the most fun and exciting.

I did notice that they seem to be going all out with the spin-offs lately. I really want to get Pokken Tournament since it finally makes the battles feel exciting and fast-paced, and from my time with a demo and watching others play I can tell that it's the real deal. I think they're trying to keep older fans happy since there's now an adult audience who grew up with the original games.

I hope that Detective Pikachu game makes it out of Japan, too, since it looks like a really interesting reinterpretation of the series!

ide
PostPosted: April 7th, 2016, 12:26 am 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Planet Robobot
If I ever had the equipment, reputation, and skills, I would make Pokemon skins for Japanese and American (but I'd love to extend to other nations too) fighter planes in War Thunder and IL-2 Sturmovik. I currently have an infatuation with World War II aircraft and once had one with Pokemon. I miss the old days when I played Pokemon, while my current views on it being repetitive are hindering me from playing it.

ide
PostPosted: May 31st, 2016, 5:40 pm 
Water Drop Female
Water Drop

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 2
I don't even celebrate my own birthdays, to be honest. The Kirby Anniversary meant something to me but the Dream Collection never hit Europe. As for Pokemon, I buy one of the games and play it casually, yet the series suffers some pitfalls like Mega Evolution and odd Pokemon designs. I grow tired of it, it seems.
My favourite Pokemon game is Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2, anyway. It has a charming story and charming pixel art. It's timeless and replayable whereas main titles get covered in dust because catching 'em all is hopeless, yet one wouldn't restart the game because OMG MUH SHINY SO-AND-SO and all those Pokedex entries already obtained. I did not even mind nor remember downloading the legendaries...
I had a great time in the past, yet only Kirby manages to win me over, time and again, even when titles like Mass Attack turn out not to be my kind of genre.

PS: I will probably end up buying Moon, anyway.

ide
PostPosted: May 31st, 2016, 6:22 pm 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Return to Dream Land
This would be great for Pokémon: a home console version with every generation's areas being accessible (excluding the most current one).

However, to prioritize handheld sales, there would not be much new content, aside from being able to visit almost every area and be able to collect every Pokémon from the first generation to the second latest generation.

There should also be a Snorlax DLC for Pokkén Tournament as well. Snorlax would have high HP, but low agility and its attacks would be based on sumo wrestling.

ide
PostPosted: June 1st, 2016, 1:19 pm 
Water Drop Female
Water Drop

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 2
Maybe one day there will be an open-world game. Something like Xenoblade with Pokemon. Pokepark is a slight hint to that direction but focused on minigames.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable