[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 370: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 370: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
Other 'Cute' Games You Like? - Kirby's Rainbow Resort

Kirby's Rainbow Resort

Welcome back, Kirby fans. We missed us.
It is currently September 19th, 2020, 2:04 am

All times are UTC-04:00

ide
PostPosted: July 10th, 2017, 5:04 pm 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land
I've (finally!) got around to playing Animal Crossing - New Leaf. It's only been a couple of days but I've fallen in love again. I think I might marry Bunnie. We've been through a lot over the years and she's still there for me... strangely though she doesn't seem to recognise me from all our hours together in Wild World...?

Anyway, it got me thinking about what other 'cute' games I enjoy. Of course, Kirby is my bud but I also really like the Starfy games.

Yoshis Island is another favourite though the follow up games aren't so great.

I love the early Monkey Ball games too. The first game is a total classic. Ai Ai is just a wee gem.

Another love of mine is the Cute 'em up. Fantasy Zone is my pick but I do really like the Cotton games among others.

So, what other cute games, if any, do you lot like? :)

ide
PostPosted: July 15th, 2017, 6:08 pm 
Water Drop Male
Water Drop

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby & the Amazing Mirror
Aw man, Yoshi and Starfy are excellent series. I played the GBA Yoshi game a ton when I was younger, and have pretty consistently kept up with his games otherwise, though I did skip New Island. I'm pretty sure Starfy only ever had one game released in the States, the one on DS, and I enjoyed that one pretty thoroughly too!

One series I decided to try out recently was Touhou, bullet-hell shooter that involves a lot of cute characters. So far I've played 10, 11, and 12 since those games have a lot of the characters that just seemed really interesting to me, though unfortunately 11 and 12 are among the hardest in a series that's already considered pretty darn hard in general!

ide
PostPosted: July 17th, 2017, 12:15 pm 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

Yeah, the first few Starfy games (on the GBA) have never been translated. It's a bit of a shame 'cos I'm sure there's a quirky wee story in there. Maybe one day someone over at RHDN will get around to it.

I tried New Island. I dunno, it just seems to lack the charm of the first YI game.

I've got a couple of Touhou games but haven't got around to playing any of them yet. I love shmups but I prefer older style games rather than danmaku but I will get to them sometime - once I'm burnt out from Dariusburst: CS. That might take a while yet though!

ide
PostPosted: July 17th, 2017, 6:48 pm 
Water Drop Male
Water Drop

Yeah I'm not generally into shoot 'em ups myself, but this particular series just seemed kind of interesting to me. Apparently 8, Imperishable Night, is a good one to start out on, but a major draw for the series is the characters within the games, and looking up the characters present I'm just not that interested in most of the bosses from that game.

After making a Let's Play of 10, I tried to do 11 and that didn't really work out, I was only able to make it to the stage 5 boss out of the 6 stages. Probably gonna try to do 12 here in the near future since I've actually beaten that game's easy mode.

ide
PostPosted: July 17th, 2017, 6:52 pm 
Star General A_mystery
Star General

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 3
Location: It's crazy that I'm using this like an "About Me" section, right? Anyways, I lost interest in Kirby.
I have played all five Starfy games.

I have played the 5th Starfy game, and I absolutely hated it. The gameplay, music, characters, etc. were pretty much butchered beyond repair. Go buy Starfy 2 or 3(often considered the best Starfy games) if you can. Even Starfy 1 and 4 are much more enjoyable compared to the 5th game. The games are very text heavy, but strangely enough you can still enjoy playing them without understanding the language.

If you’re ever feeling lonely, watch this video:
https://youtu.be/mie-3U3H3iY

ide
PostPosted: July 18th, 2017, 5:59 am 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

I've got the first 3 Starfy games. I didn't realise that there were 2 DS games. I just presumed the Japanese game was the same as the English release. I'll have to go check it out. It's nice to hear of a game from a series you like. :)

I'll look up Imperishable Night too. I've no investment in any of the characters so I don't think I'll be missing much. I presume it's a recommended starter games because it's easier?

ide
PostPosted: July 18th, 2017, 6:32 am 
Water Drop Male
Water Drop

Yeah, in Imperishable Night you're apparently able to increase the number of lives you start with to really high levels, and most of the patterns are relatively easy too.

So hey, another series that probably qualifies as cute is the Banjo-Kazooie games! Sure, they're not as sugary sweet as some of the stuff listed, but it definitely has a charming cuteness factor. Plus, the series is just a ton of fun.

ide
PostPosted: July 21st, 2017, 2:55 pm 
Water Drop Male
Water Drop

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star
Pop'n Twinbee.

ide
PostPosted: July 21st, 2017, 9:59 pm 
Super Star Male
Super Star

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
I have a lot of cute games for several of my systems, Yoshi and Starfy included. Also, I have one of my most recent Nintendo Switch games, Puyo Puyo Tetris, one of the more recent entries in the Puyo Puyo franchise which has a lot of cute anime characters from what I've seen and heard.

Speaking of Touhou, I've played some games on my PC, and even tried out the demo for Antinomy of Common Flowers. I've even heard that Touhou Kobuto V is coming to gaming systems this October, with the Switch being one of those systems.

Escargoon: Hey wise guy, this is the king you're talking about! You can't insult him because he's fat! Or because he's a big ignoramous! Or because he's a tightwad- *gets smashed with Dedede's mallet*
~Here Comes the Son

Escargoon: Kitcheeennn!!!! Where's the chow, ya chowderheads?! His highness is hungry up here!
Waddle Doo: But we just served the King a 10-course meal!
Dedede: All of them appetizers was un-appetizin'! Bring me 10 different courses and make it snappy!
Waddle Doo: Right! *he and the Waddle Dees finish the 10 courses and bring the food to Dedede* Hup, two, three, four, we bring the food and he wants more! Five, six, seven, eight, the King had better watch his weight!
~Hour of the WolfWrath

ide
PostPosted: July 26th, 2017, 8:39 am 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

I could never get into the Puyo games. I'm not really into drop puzzley blocks type of games in general, though, so it's nothing against the Puyo series in particular.

Used to really like Pop'n Twinbee. Haven't played it in years though. I might have to blow some dust off that one. :)

ide
PostPosted: July 28th, 2017, 1:57 am 
Water Drop Male
Water Drop

The closest I've gotten to playing game recently is OneShot, and while the characters are absolutely adorable, the setting is super somber. I'm also limited to Steam for the time being due to my current financial situation.

Oh! I also played Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime with a couple of friends, and it was pretty excellent.

To live is to be happy.

ide
PostPosted: July 28th, 2017, 8:59 pm 
Water Drop Male
Water Drop

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star
There's another cute game I like. TwinBee 3: Poko Poko Daimaō.

ide
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2017, 5:54 am 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

Dangerous Spacetime looks lovely. Sadly, I don't have anyone to play co-op games with. I might try it out during the next sale though...

I've never played TwinBee 3. Is it very different from the others?

It's funny, since I started the thread I've been playing very little other than Quake (the original). A game that's anything BUT cute!

ide
PostPosted: August 4th, 2017, 6:48 pm 
Puff in Training Male
Puff in Training

Puyo Puyo, Twinbee and Fantasy Zone are <3

I guess Tempo (Tempo on the 32X, Super Tempo on the Saturn, Tempo Jr. on the Game Gear) would count as "cutesy" too? Though it does have a bit of 90s funk aesthetic added in too.

I'm meaning to get into Bonk sometime too, check out the Hebereke games too.

Shout outs to Mr. Gimmick.

ide
PostPosted: July 26th, 2019, 9:58 pm 
Super Star Male
Super Star

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
I forgot to mention it in my last post on this topic, but I also played Rosenkreuzstilette and its sequel, Rosenkreuzstilette Freudenstachel, on my computer a few times as well. Also, there's Freedom Planet, which I have on both my Wii U and my Switch. All three also have some rather cutesy characters as well.

Escargoon: Hey wise guy, this is the king you're talking about! You can't insult him because he's fat! Or because he's a big ignoramous! Or because he's a tightwad- *gets smashed with Dedede's mallet*
~Here Comes the Son

Escargoon: Kitcheeennn!!!! Where's the chow, ya chowderheads?! His highness is hungry up here!
Waddle Doo: But we just served the King a 10-course meal!
Dedede: All of them appetizers was un-appetizin'! Bring me 10 different courses and make it snappy!
Waddle Doo: Right! *he and the Waddle Dees finish the 10 courses and bring the food to Dedede* Hup, two, three, four, we bring the food and he wants more! Five, six, seven, eight, the King had better watch his weight!
~Hour of the WolfWrath

ide
PostPosted: July 30th, 2019, 2:54 pm 
WAR! What it isn't good for. HUNH Female
WAR! What it isn't good for. HUNH

I love Animal Crossing, it's really cute :0
There's these 2 cute games that idk if anyone's ever heard of, they're called Mononoke Forest and Pocket Card Jockey. The 2nd one is made by Gamefreak, actually.
Also yeah i've played a Starfy game, it was cute, i drew the bunny.
I can't really think of any more cute games other than Puyo Puyo and Pokemon because they have cute art styles, but are def not cute games.

ide
PostPosted: August 1st, 2019, 12:43 am 
Star General A_mystery
Star General

Location: It's crazy that I'm using this like an "About Me" section, right? Anyways, I lost interest in Kirby.
I don’t believe Animal Crossing is supposed to be “cute”. I thought it was supposed to be a semi-realistic depiction of what it’s like to live on your own. Too bad the newer games from New Leaf onward ruined that tone.

If you’re ever feeling lonely, watch this video:
https://youtu.be/mie-3U3H3iY

ide
PostPosted: August 13th, 2019, 1:53 am 
THE PINK KIRBY Female
THE PINK KIRBY

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 2
New Leaf.. onward? New Leaf is the most recent one.....

Animal Crossing was never realistic, nor was it ever meant to be. It was always meant to be slow, relaxing, and a cute.

For myself, y'all know I'm all about that Yoshi. It is literally the source of my name, after all.

ide
PostPosted: August 13th, 2019, 11:26 am 
Eight hours a day? I barely manage that in a week. Female
Eight hours a day? I barely manage that in a week.

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Epic Yarn
Ehhhhhhhh yeah Yoshi is pretty cute.

ide
PostPosted: August 13th, 2019, 10:20 pm 
THE PINK KIRBY Female
THE PINK KIRBY

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 2
Yoshi is the cutest! Like half their games are designed around being cuddly and adorable!!