[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 370: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 370: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
What's yoyr favorite gen? - Page 2 - Kirby's Rainbow Resort

Kirby's Rainbow Resort

Welcome back, Kirby fans. We missed us.
It is currently June 1st, 2020, 5:03 am

All times are UTC-04:00

ide
PostPosted: September 20th, 2019, 6:28 am 
WAR! What it isn't good for. HUNH Female
WAR! What it isn't good for. HUNH

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 3
^
I mean, it was KIND OF cute.

ide
PostPosted: September 20th, 2019, 10:04 pm 
Eight hours a day? I barely manage that in a week. Female
Eight hours a day? I barely manage that in a week.

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Epic Yarn
Well, kind of cute is better than totally ugly or completely nightmarish

ide
PostPosted: September 21st, 2019, 10:54 am 

^
It was a cute character, but my art style at the time made it look god awful.

ide
PostPosted: September 21st, 2019, 11:30 am 
THE PINK KIRBY Female
THE PINK KIRBY

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 2
Gen 3 has a lot of worldbuilding, story, and even balance problems, and it started a lot of trends that I'm not a fan of. It's easily the worst gen. Sapphire actually managed to make me think I just didn't like Pokémon anymore for a long while.

The remakes managed to be fine, though.

My favourite gen is gen 4. Yeah, Diamond and Pearl had some pacing problems, but it has some of my favourite new pokémon, the story was great, and Platinum fixed many (albeit not all) of the problems. Also, fantastic region 10/10 would visit again and love every squirrel.

Bonus round: gen 4 has HGSS, which are basically perfect games.

The Unova games are a really close second to HGSS, though.

ide
PostPosted: September 21st, 2019, 12:44 pm 
Hypotenuse Man strikes an incomprehensible pose! Female
Hypotenuse Man strikes an incomprehensible pose!

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Planet Robobot
I agree with Joshi that Gen 3 is easily my least favorite - mostly because of the map. Hoenn is just *not* a fun region to explore. FRLG weren't anything to write home about either; as insult to injury, the one thing they did do cool - the Sevii Islands - never show up ever again.

That said, if it weren't for HGSS, Gen 4 would be my least favorite - DPP are a pain in the neck to actually play, since they're soooooo slow. I'm playing now a rom hack that speeds up battles, etc., and it's incredible how much more playable it makes those games.

Gen 5 is my favorite by far. An imaginative region, great Pokemon, my favorite story, and they actually had the cojones to make an entirely new Pokedex with no old Pokemon - which I still maintain they should do with every generation.

ide
PostPosted: September 21st, 2019, 12:58 pm 

Honestly i like every gen except for Gen 1. I'm sorry, it's just not fun. I know it's the first Pokemon game, but it's not fun.
I like LGPE though
I don't really like Gen 5 thst much?? It has my favorite Pokemon, Maractus, but i never find myself wanting to finish it. I've had my copies of Black and White 2 for about 3 years and it's the only Pokemon game rn that i really don't care to finish.
Actually i do want to get further into the game, just for Maractus though.

ide
PostPosted: September 21st, 2019, 1:52 pm 
THE PINK KIRBY Female
THE PINK KIRBY

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 2

ide
PostPosted: September 21st, 2019, 2:37 pm 
Star General A_mystery
Star General

Location: It's crazy that I'm using this like an "About Me" section, right? Anyways, I lost interest in Kirby.
Most people can agree that HGSS or B2W2 are the best Pokémon games, myself included.

I can’t help but wonder what went wrong with the 3DS generations, and now generation 8.

If you’re ever feeling lonely, watch this video:
https://youtu.be/mie-3U3H3iY

ide
PostPosted: September 21st, 2019, 10:54 pm 

So, if I ever bothered to actually buy a Pokémon game, which one would you guys recommend?

ide
PostPosted: September 21st, 2019, 11:01 pm 

^
My first Pokemon game when i was 4 was Pokemon Emerald, but i don't remember anything about it so i can't really recommend it.
Personally i recommend buying Pokemon Gold, Silver, or Crystal. They're my personal favorites and fairly cheap, only about 10 USD on the eShop.

ide
PostPosted: September 21st, 2019, 11:20 pm 

Alrighty, planning on getting an eshop points card with my Christmas money when I get it anyway... as long as I can still afford Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe.

ide
PostPosted: September 22nd, 2019, 1:23 am 
Star General A_mystery
Star General

Location: It's crazy that I'm using this like an "About Me" section, right? Anyways, I lost interest in Kirby.

If you’re ever feeling lonely, watch this video:
https://youtu.be/mie-3U3H3iY