Kirby's Rainbow Resort

Back to life so many times we should get our own comic~!
It is currently March 6th, 2021, 8:37 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
ide
 Post subject: Re: HELP ME FIND A MAIN
PostPosted: April 10th, 2008, 4:02 pm 
Water Drop Male
Water Drop

Quote:
Yeah, I can't use Kirby as my main anymore. Why? Because he's easy to master.
Quote:
:x . . .

Some little advice: Learn to do tilts and shff'd (short hop fast fall) aerials. Kirby's up-tilt is a vital part of his moveset.

Or if you want someone that fits your playstyle, pick Wolf. His smashes are good.

Last edited by eebrozgi on April 10th, 2008, 4:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ide
PostPosted: April 10th, 2008, 4:08 pm 
Super Star Male
Super Star

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
Quit trying to @$#^ your way outta this.

If you seriously can say which moves you use specifically in matches, then you really need to mix up your gameplay.

Also,
Quote:
1 vs 1 proves pure skill against 2 individual players, 1 vs 1 is what proves skill.
... If you can survive a 4 player match and have full stock even though you were the one who was doing most of the attacking, that doesn't count as having skill? Hmm... guess I've been wrong all these years.

Also, you use/spam side smash way too much.

ide
PostPosted: April 10th, 2008, 4:41 pm 
Violent Saviour Male
Violent Saviour

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star
Star Master. Man up dude. You challenge me yet will only fight with your rules and the stages you like? It's a two way street buddy, everything doesn't go your way.

I don't know if I'll win or not, but it's rather annoying when you're the one challenging me yet you say you'll only do it if I obey your rules. I'm not playing Brawl to win/prove anything. You winning a fight against me, or losing it to me really doesn't mean all that much to me. It's just a game.

Edit: Though I must admit I had to smile every time I KO'd you with a Falcon Punch :3

<3 Teal Kirby

ide
PostPosted: April 10th, 2008, 6:05 pm 
Simirror Female
Simirror

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star Ultra
Hey, uh, how should I say this... oh, yeah. How does asking US for a main help YOU when your play style is probably totally different? Hell, I can use Dedede pretty well for crying out loud, when some interviewer once made a joke about people being unable to win battles regularly with him. Experiment and find a character that works for you, you can't let other people make decisions for you. Or, as Chooch said, just stick with Kirby.

Oh, yeah, and move-spamming is way uncool. Remember the stale-moves penalty Sakurai mentioned once? That and the fact that Hammer is like useless on ground might be why you're not winning.

Quote:
Also the STDs are over Wi-Fi, not in person.
OH GOD I CAN GET STDS THROUGH WIFI NOW?!

ide
PostPosted: April 10th, 2008, 6:06 pm 
BANNED! Male
BANNED!

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 3
Quote:

If you seriously can say which moves you use specifically in matches, then you really need to mix up your gameplay.

Also,
Quote:
1 vs 1 proves pure skill against 2 individual players, 1 vs 1 is what proves skill.
... If you can survive a 4 player match and have full stock even though you were the one who was doing most of the attacking, that doesn't count as having skill? Hmm... guess I've been wrong all these years.

I don't "spam" it. Have you fought any Pit arrow spammers? Fight them, then you'll know what spamming is. I use it very often though, I won't lie, back air and side smash also when I use Hammer on the ground, its un-intentional, Battlefield's platforms really f**k up my aerial fighting style

ide
PostPosted: April 10th, 2008, 6:12 pm 
Water Drop Male
Water Drop

Then learn to handle the physics of other stages then Final Destination. uh, wait - In your opinion every stage except FD is tourney banned. excuse me, my fault.

Anyway, I don't think it was luck, it was a tourney match.
So how low IS your IQ, anyway?
Your the one who plays with items.

ide
PostPosted: April 10th, 2008, 6:13 pm 
o Ao b Male
o Ao b

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 2
Quote:
I don't "spam" it. [...] I use it very often though, I won't lie [...] its un-intentional

ide
PostPosted: April 10th, 2008, 6:20 pm 
Super Star Male
Super Star

Quote:
Quote:
I don't "spam" it. [...] I use it very often though, I won't lie [...] its un-intentional
That's one of the most fantastic responses I've ever seen.

ide
PostPosted: April 10th, 2008, 6:21 pm 
Water Drop Male
Water Drop

hilarious, you saved my day before it even began (here -> 12:20 am). xDDDD

Anyway, I don't think it was luck, it was a tourney match.
So how low IS your IQ, anyway?
Your the one who plays with items.

ide
PostPosted: April 10th, 2008, 6:27 pm 
THE PINK KIRBY Female
THE PINK KIRBY

lmao. "I don't spam it, I just use it a lot!" Yes, kind of like how you're not a tourney cigarette, you just act like one and follow their rules religiously.

ide
PostPosted: April 10th, 2008, 6:36 pm 
BANNED! Male
BANNED!

Its one of his few good kill/knockback moves, he has 4 (one of them being the hammer thus useless on ground). down smash is good if they're behind you but its not as strong as side smash, up smash is good if you want to send you're target up which I don't like doing that much, plus it requires very close range to land, so my only good ground kill move is side smash

ide
PostPosted: April 10th, 2008, 6:48 pm 
o Ao b Male
o Ao b

Quote:
my only good ground kill move is side smash
Quote:
my only good ground move is side smash
Quote:
my only ground move is side smash
hoo ha

...No seriously, it certainly seems that way sometimes.

ide
PostPosted: April 10th, 2008, 6:59 pm 
Star Herald A_mystery
Star Herald

Quote:

OK, so I wasn't the only one thinking that after watching the video. You also did back air almost every single aerial follow up, and thus juggled in the air quite a bit.

And as you just posted, how do platforms mess you up that badly? If used correctly I'm pretty sure they can enhance aerial fighting..

And again a different thing I can add in, as a person that mained Sonic. You don't have to SMASH to K.O. people. If you get good at dodging things and chasing people around you can kill them just as easily like that too.
(I guess it's not just because I mained Sonic. I always thought it was a good idea to dodge, give light attacks to rack up some percent, then follow them off the edge, which really you don't need to do either. You trip up the opponent with light attacks, then drop an unsuspecting smash.)

ide
PostPosted: April 10th, 2008, 7:03 pm 
The most effectual Male
The most effectual

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby & the Amazing Mirror
Don't worry, Vik. He's just making up excuses as to why he gets his ass handed to him by his brother all the time.

ide
PostPosted: April 10th, 2008, 7:05 pm 
THE PINK KIRBY Female
THE PINK KIRBY

Yeah if you're not terrible and are able to adapt platforms can enhance aerial fighting.

Especially since on Battlefield you can just hold down before you land on them and pass right through them, thus effectively ignoring them. There is no reason for the platforms there to !@#$% you up.

ide
PostPosted: April 10th, 2008, 7:31 pm 
Star Herald A_mystery
Star Herald

Quote:
Yeah if you're not terrible and are able to adapt platforms can enhance aerial fighting.

Especially since on Battlefield you can just hold down before you land on them and pass right through them, thus effectively ignoring them. There is no reason for the platforms there to !@#$% you up.
ARE YOU TELLING ME YOU ACTUALLY MASTERED PLATFORMS?!?! I THOUGHT SAKURAI PUT THEM THERE TO MESS WITH US TOURNEYTARDS!!!! JUST LIKE TRIPPING!!
Well I'm glad he accidently left some advanced techniques like this in. What are you going to name this one? Platform Dashfalling?
yeah obviously sarcasm.

Not only with the passing through them, but also if someone is on top of them shorthop and up aerial them.

ide
PostPosted: April 10th, 2008, 7:38 pm 
THE PINK KIRBY Female
THE PINK KIRBY

"wavefalling"

ide
PostPosted: April 10th, 2008, 8:00 pm 
Graphically minded! Female
Graphically minded!

Quote:
I need to find a character thats hard to master to main so that my brother can't use him to beat me with.
No offense, but from what I can see, your brother merely appears to be more skilled than you. Furthermore, even if he cannot master that particularly-difficult-to-handle character, what brings you to believe that you can?

You say that the Super Smash Bros. series is "all just to prove you're better." Fine, then - if that's the case, you should learn to diversify your capabilities and adapt to various situations. Meaning:

1. You don't challenge others to one-sided rules and preferences that are in your favor. That won't exactly make you look phenomenal.
2. You don't "use it very often". Give your moves more variety. Isn't that why your brother's beating you practically every time?
3. Also, do try to get used to the "wussy" free-for-all battles.
4. You don't make excuses.
5. Video games are indeed for fun.
6. PRACTICE. Do you really think that your switching-of-main-characters-in-a-day will prove your ability? I think not.

That's just what I think. I'm sorry, but, honestly, you sound ridiculous.

ide
PostPosted: April 10th, 2008, 8:17 pm 
Super Star Male
Super Star

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
Quote:
I don't "spam" it. Have you fought any Pit arrow spammers? Fight them, then you'll know what spamming is. I use it very often though, I won't lie, back air and side smash also when I use Hammer on the ground, its un-intentional, Battlefield's platforms really f**k up my aerial fighting style
Trust me, I have fought a Pit arrow spammer, since my friend started calling himself "the Super Sniper" whenever he uses Pit. I'm just saying, you use it too often, and for what reason? The platforms screw you up? Tch. Learn to short hop, then maybe your aerial fighting wont be as !@#$% up as you think. Or, maybe you should even use them to your advantage. Or, do what Joshi has told you.
Quote:
Its one of his few good kill/knockback moves, he has 4 (one of them being the hammer thus useless on ground). down smash is good if they're behind you but its not as strong as side smash, up smash is good if you want to send you're target up which I don't like doing that much, plus it requires very close range to land, so my only good ground kill move is side smash

Just 'cause it's your only "good" KOing move, doesn't give you the right to use it more then you should. I really, really don't like your reasoning.

ide
PostPosted: April 10th, 2008, 8:36 pm 
BANNED! Male
BANNED!

Well I did fight him again, Kirby vs Kirby and I MASSACRED him. Well, I did play him as soon as I woke up, I think that was the problem. Kirby's staying my main. Also I do shorthop, I just don't fastfall. And be honest, I don't use side smash enough for it to be considered "spamming" if you say my back air is spammed, I can believe that. But my side smash...honestly...Also you guys are telling me to practice as you think it will make me become better...well...everyone's battle style has its limits and I'm pretty sure mine has reached it's, so no, there's no such thing as practice makes you better...not in my situation anyway.

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next