Kirby's Rainbow Resort

Welcome back, Kirby fans. We missed us.
It is currently September 23rd, 2019, 9:10 am

All times are UTC-04:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 9 Next
ide
Author Message
PostPosted: September 14th, 2008, 12:00 am 
Offline
Water Drop Male
Water Drop

Joined: September 9th, 2008, 4:32 pm
Posts: 59
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land
Location: Long Island
Well, what we really need there now are screenshots of Gamble Galaxy and Vocal Volcano.
=/

If anyone could join as a member there we could get more in-depth.
xD


Top
   
ide
PostPosted: September 14th, 2008, 9:50 am 
Offline
Uncle Gobbo Male
Uncle Gobbo

Joined: December 30th, 2003, 8:30 pm
Posts: 157
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 2
Location: Michigan
Kirby Wikia? Kirby Wikia?!? Might I ask someone to burn that link? That accursed Kirby Wikia is nothing but a rip off of this site's Kirbypedia, the one true and greatest collection of Kirby info on the net. Largely since anyone can't edit it.

And when is say "rip off", I mean "blatantly steal pages, word from word, from the Kirbypedia and act like it is our own". Seriously, I've seen numerous pages that are my finely written, detailed, and over-the-top wordiness taken to the T with no credit given. Now, I'd still bear a grudge even if they did mention where the info came from, but it'd sure be a lot less of one. Pretty much, any page that goes over a paragraph of loose information, from what I've seen. I don't dig around too much since I don't want to give the fiends the satisfaction of another page view.

_________________
Image


Top
   
ide
PostPosted: September 14th, 2008, 2:12 pm 
Offline
Water Drop Male
Water Drop

Joined: September 9th, 2008, 4:32 pm
Posts: 59
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land
Location: Long Island
Bimblesnaff wrote:
Kirby Wikia? Kirby Wikia?!? Might I ask someone to burn that link? That accursed Kirby Wikia is nothing but a rip off of this site's Kirbypedia, the one true and greatest collection of Kirby info on the net. Largely since anyone can't edit it.

And when is say "rip off", I mean "blatantly steal pages, word from word, from the Kirbypedia and act like it is our own". Seriously, I've seen numerous pages that are my finely written, detailed, and over-the-top wordiness taken to the T with no credit given. Now, I'd still bear a grudge even if they did mention where the info came from, but it'd sure be a lot less of one. Pretty much, any page that goes over a paragraph of loose information, from what I've seen. I don't dig around too much since I don't want to give the fiends the satisfaction of another page view.


Sorry to break it to you, but before you point your accusing finger, let me point out that Kirby Wikia has many more articles than Kirbypedia does. Ripoff or not.
=/
Besides we're already starting to de-ripoff it anyway.

Also, Kirbypedia is way past it's prime. The last big update I saw there was back in December last year. If you ever want it to get another edit this year, you should swallow your pride and let it be editable to anyone, because at this rate I think it's pretty much dead.
D=


Top
   
ide
PostPosted: September 14th, 2008, 2:22 pm 
Offline
o Ao b Male
o Ao b
User avatar

Joined: July 1st, 2005, 11:21 am
Posts: 1861
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 2
Just because it has more articles doesn't mean that it's better. (See: Articles for "Red Kirby" and "Brown Kirby")

The fact that the wiki's logo has a fan-edited sprite in it leaves one questioning its reliability.


Top
   
ide
PostPosted: September 14th, 2008, 2:28 pm 
Offline
Watch out, I bite! Male
Watch out, I bite!
User avatar

Joined: October 7th, 2003, 2:51 pm
Posts: 3313
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star Ultra
Location: NY
I see several problem with the Kirby wikia that make it incorrect and inconsistent. It's inferior to what KRR has.


Top
   
ide
PostPosted: September 14th, 2008, 2:30 pm 
Offline
The savior of the day! Kapweeng! It's Hero Kirby! Male
The savior of the day! Kapweeng! It's Hero Kirby!

Joined: July 15th, 2008, 8:31 pm
Posts: 442
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star Ultra
Location: In the bathroom
So true. KRR pwns all our affiliates! :smile:

_________________
Image


Top
   
ide
PostPosted: September 14th, 2008, 2:47 pm 
Offline
Water Drop Male
Water Drop

Joined: September 9th, 2008, 4:32 pm
Posts: 59
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land
Location: Long Island
Plas Durock wrote:
I see several problem with the Kirby wikia that make it incorrect and inconsistent. It's inferior to what KRR has.


Like what?
If you list them we can fix them.
=)


Also, about the number of articles, all wikis need those seemingly 'unimportant' ones. Take the Super Mario Wiki for example, I've been an editor there for years, and they're one of the best one I've seen. Why? Because they have articles for all those small things. While Kirbypedia can seemingly only muster up pages for bosses and main characters.
=/

Oh, and I've been asking around about a new logo for a few weeks there now, so we can get that changed soon.
=)


Top
   
ide
PostPosted: September 14th, 2008, 2:50 pm 
Offline
The savior of the day! Kapweeng! It's Hero Kirby! Male
The savior of the day! Kapweeng! It's Hero Kirby!

Joined: July 15th, 2008, 8:31 pm
Posts: 442
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star Ultra
Location: In the bathroom
No, the logo is fine for now...But you're right about the small things.

_________________
Image


Top
   
ide
PostPosted: September 15th, 2008, 12:47 am 
Offline
WAR! What it isn't good for. HUNH A_mystery
WAR! What it isn't good for. HUNH
User avatar

Joined: January 15th, 2007, 11:43 pm
Posts: 2724
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Triple Deluxe
Location: SNEAKING
EmptyStar wrote:
Also, Kirbypedia is way past it's prime. The last big update I saw there was back in December last year. If you ever want it to get another edit this year, you should swallow your pride and let it be editable to anyone, because at this rate I think it's pretty much dead.
D=



Tell me one big Kirby game that's come out since December of last year.

Go on, tell me.

Waiting...

Waiting....

Time's up, what is it?

_________________
DUN DUN DUN DADAH



DUN DUN DAAAAH


Top
   
ide
PostPosted: September 15th, 2008, 6:52 am 
Offline
Water Drop Male
Water Drop

Joined: September 9th, 2008, 4:32 pm
Posts: 59
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land
Location: Long Island
mamthew42 wrote:
EmptyStar wrote:
Also, Kirbypedia is way past it's prime. The last big update I saw there was back in December last year. If you ever want it to get another edit this year, you should swallow your pride and let it be editable to anyone, because at this rate I think it's pretty much dead.
D=



Tell me one big Kirby game that's come out since December of last year.

Go on, tell me.

Waiting...

Waiting....

Time's up, what is it?



No need to get defensive. Even though there are no recent games, you could at least extend the pages you do have, and fix all the vandalism.
=/


Top
   
ide
 Post subject: Quality > Quantity
PostPosted: September 15th, 2008, 7:13 am 
Offline
Uncle Gobbo Male
Uncle Gobbo

Joined: December 30th, 2003, 8:30 pm
Posts: 157
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 2
Location: Michigan
Here's what I know about the Wikia:

1) I was disgusted when I saw my Rick article stolen word for word, particularly since it ranked higher on Google. Strangely, to that same effect, the Chuchu article was just a blerb. What? Not good enough for the thief that took the hamster's?

2) The synopsis of the first Kirby episode barely qualifies as English.

Seriously, the Kirbypedia mail account gets a lot of stuff sent to it, but a lot of it is, well, not of the best quality. That's why I hold off one most of that stuff until, you know, a better person writes it. And, since I seem to be the only person who writes stuff anymore, guess who that leaves?

Now, if Kirbypedia, alone, was my role at RR, I could see it sucking that I haven't been updating it as much as I want to. However, the problem comes in when you account for the fact that I've been about updating the site every other day, if not more, for how long?

But ranting on who's is better isn't the point of this. I think we all can agree that either of the site's deposits is better than the garbage at Wikipedia. Seriously, they don't have a clue what they're doing.

_________________
Image


Top
   
ide
PostPosted: September 15th, 2008, 11:12 am 
Offline
Puff in Training Male
Puff in Training

Joined: August 23rd, 2008, 10:22 am
Posts: 6
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star Ultra
Bimblesnaff wrote:
But ranting on who's is better isn't the point of this. I think we all can agree that either of the site's deposits is better than the garbage at Wikipedia. Seriously, they don't have a clue what they're doing.
They have NiDL it's own article, but KSSU is still it's own.

mamthew42 wrote:
Tell me one big Kirby game that's come out since December of last year.

Go on, tell me.

Waiting...

Waiting....

Time's up, what is it?
Kirby Super Star Ultra


Top
   
ide
PostPosted: September 15th, 2008, 11:18 am 
Offline
WAR! What it isn't good for. HUNH A_mystery
WAR! What it isn't good for. HUNH
User avatar

Joined: January 15th, 2007, 11:43 pm
Posts: 2724
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Triple Deluxe
Location: SNEAKING
Yes, because KSSU is definitely out already...

Try again.

_________________
DUN DUN DUN DADAH



DUN DUN DAAAAH


Top
   
ide
PostPosted: September 16th, 2008, 6:13 pm 
Offline
Watch out, I bite! Male
Watch out, I bite!
User avatar

Joined: October 7th, 2003, 2:51 pm
Posts: 3313
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star Ultra
Location: NY
Quote:
They have NiDL it's own article, but KSSU is still it's own.


Yes, because a remake which we don't have much info until it gets released deserves it own article. Truly brilliant. KSSU will probably never get it's own entry, and frankly it doesn't need one. All that will be needed is stuff added to the original super star, add on and changes that will be included with the remake.

KSSU does not deserve an article of it's own.


Top
   
ide
PostPosted: September 17th, 2008, 9:30 pm 
Offline
Puff in Training Male
Puff in Training

Joined: August 23rd, 2008, 10:22 am
Posts: 6
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star Ultra
mamthew42 wrote:
Yes, because KSSU is definitely out already...

Try again.

Read my post on Monday.


Top
   
ide
PostPosted: September 23rd, 2008, 9:17 pm 
Offline
Water Drop Male
Water Drop

Joined: September 9th, 2008, 4:32 pm
Posts: 59
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land
Location: Long Island
Alright, I worked on our Ice Dragon, Lovely, and Kracko page.
I've also added quite a bit of Demon Beast and anime-only articles, too.
=)

I'm trying my best to erase all traces of the info previous users stole from Kirbypedia and added. I've tried my best to fix the Mr. Shine and Mr. Bright page. Could eveyone just check to see if it's different enough?
:hide:

Anyway, the Wiki needs pics of the bosses from Revenge of the King. Help?
Also, I would suggest merging Kirby Wiki and Kirbypedia, but I would imagine that neither of the two sites would agree on anything..


Top
   
ide
PostPosted: October 11th, 2008, 5:51 pm 
Offline
Water Drop Male
Water Drop

Joined: September 9th, 2008, 4:32 pm
Posts: 59
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land
Location: Long Island
Quick question:

Is there an official name for the pineapple enemies?
We used your name of "Jungle Bomb" and made a page called "Pineapple Bomb" that redirects to it.
Are either of those right? Or was it never officially named?
=/

Thanks!


Top
   
ide
PostPosted: November 6th, 2008, 7:42 pm 
Offline
WAR! What it isn't good for. HUNH Male
WAR! What it isn't good for. HUNH

Joined: October 26th, 2008, 1:17 pm
Posts: 56
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Canvas Curse
Location: Wandering...
I thought it was Jungle Bomb but I'm not totally sure.

_________________
Image


Top
   
ide
PostPosted: November 6th, 2008, 8:33 pm 
Offline
THE PINK KIRBY Female
THE PINK KIRBY
User avatar

Joined: October 9th, 2003, 5:27 pm
Posts: 2889
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 2
EmptyStar wrote:
Take the Super Mario Wiki for example, I've been an editor there for years, and they're one of the best one I've seen.

...lmao.

..oh wait, you were serious, weren't you?

LMAO.

_________________
Image


Top
   
ide
PostPosted: November 9th, 2008, 10:20 am 
Offline
Water Drop Male
Water Drop

Joined: September 9th, 2008, 4:32 pm
Posts: 59
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land
Location: Long Island
Joshi wrote:
EmptyStar wrote:
Take the Super Mario Wiki for example, I've been an editor there for years, and they're one of the best one I've seen.

...lmao.

..oh wait, you were serious, weren't you?

LMAO.


Uhh.. care to take a stab at who you think is the best, then?
:shock:


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 9 Next

All times are UTC-04:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
[ GZIP: Off | Load: 11.69 ]