Kirby's Rainbow Resort

Welcome back, Kirby fans. We missed us.
It is currently November 19th, 2019, 9:17 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 570 posts ]  Go to page Previous 125 26 27 28 29 Next
ide
PostPosted: February 24th, 2013, 8:11 pm 
Star Dreamer of the Younger Days Male
Star Dreamer of the Younger Days

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 3
Location: Not here, not there, not anywhere. Possibly in the world of the Wizaments
My favorite game is Kirby's Dream Land 3. Ever since I discovered how much I like Virtual Console I've taken interest in retro gaming, and I am in love with that game. I love the art style, Animal Friends, difficulty level, and plot line. My least favorite Kirby game is probably Kirby Super Star because it's overrated, and it receives all of the attention that I think Dream Land 3 deserves. As for the abilities, most of my favorites are from Squeak Squad, specifically UFO.

ide
PostPosted: February 27th, 2013, 4:25 am 
Puff in Training Female
Puff in Training

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star Ultra
Mirror's my favorite, I guess. Or at least it used to be when i played super star awile back but i'm pretty sure it still is XD That ability looks really cool in my opinion.. :) And the marx hat is so adorable too <3

Video gaming is fun^^
Number 1 fangirl over riku from kingdom hearts, too XD He's soo cute...<3 *drools*

ide
PostPosted: March 29th, 2013, 2:12 pm 
Puff in Training Male
Puff in Training

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Squeak Squad
:lol: I love Squeak Squad, but I have favorite abilities from other games.
Here's the top 5:

5: Missle

4: Smash

3: Sword

2: Yo Yo

1: Paint :grin:

ide
PostPosted: April 6th, 2013, 2:52 am 
Star Dreamer of the Younger Days Male
Star Dreamer of the Younger Days

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star
Super star, crystal shards, and return to dream land are my favorite games.

Least favorite would be dream land 2--the game just never clicked for me.

Favorite abilities (in no particular order)
Stone-needle
Fire-cutter
Spark (return to dream land)
Parasol
Water
Fire
Bomb
Cutter
UFO
Hi-Jump
Hammer
Suplex
Stone
Wing
Tornado
Wheelie rider
Laser
Super Abilities!

I don't really hate any abilities.

ide
PostPosted: April 4th, 2016, 10:36 pm 
Water Drop Male
Water Drop

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 3
Favorite games:

(2,3,4 and 5 are almost a tie and the order is not important)

1: Kirby's Dreamland 3
-
-
2: Kirby Triple Deluxe
3: Kirby Canvas Curse
4: Kirby & the Amazing Mirror
5: Kirby's Adventure
-
-
6: Kirby 64 The Crystal Shards (if it had better gameplay it would have been 2nd place)
-
-
7: Kirby's Dreamland 2 (I like it but it becomes repetitive near the end, and no run/slide makes the gameplay less deep)

I consider everything else good, but the games above are special to me.
Kirby Squeak Squad is my least favorite but I still like it.

Favorite abilities:

It depends on the game and occasionally on the level.

In Kirby's Adventure my favorite abilities are Hammer and Sword, in Kirby's Dreamland 2 is Parasol (alone), in Amazing Mirror are Sword (not Master) and Cupid/Angel, in Triple Deluxe I love Parasol, Sword, Hammer and Fire (yes they made Fire very fun in this game, also due to the level design), while in Dreamland 3 really, I love Parasol (alone), but I also love experimenting with different abilities and animals in different situations, so there isn't a favorite combination, I would say everything.
From Kirby 64, obviously the lightsaber (spark+cutter), but also the fireworks (bomb+fire), the missiles (bomb+bomb), the fire bow (fire+spike - after I discovered that you can actually jump and move while charging the arrow), the drill (spike+stone), the huge fire sword (fire+cutter), the shuriken (cutter+bomb), the volcano (fire+stone), the power bomb (stone+bomb) and the ice skates (ice+cutter), and recently I found really fun jumping and rolling around as rocky Pitch (stone+cutter) but it's very annoying that the transformation is random and you need to spam the attack button until you become Pitch, and that you lose the transformation each time you are hit or change room; though I think Kirby 64 doesn't give enough freedom with the abilities and I prefer how they were executed in Kirby's Dreamland 3, that shares a similar combination system (with the animals).
Obviously my favorite ability system is the one featured in the Dark Matter Trilogy, I really love combining the abilities to see the result and experiment with them, a lot more than having fixed Superstar-like abilities that can attack in every direction and give too much power to the player, so that using an ability or another is almost the same thing because they all attack in every direction and in similar ways (I'm exagerating a bit but you should have got the point).

Least favorite ability? I dunno, maybe Metal from Squeak Squad? I think it was pointless and not fun.

ide
PostPosted: April 7th, 2016, 10:32 pm 
Puff in Training A_mystery
Puff in Training

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
Games:
Favorite- Kirby 64. I've made like 40 variations of this tl;dr in my life but the gist of it is it was super inspirational to me in an artistic sense as a kid and it still continues to be today.
Least favorite- This is cruel. Um. Amazing Mirror, maybe? I got it when it first came out but didn't actually beat it until 2011 or so because I was terrible navigating the map and finding certain areas. It's not the game that's bad, it's me...

Abilities:
Top favorites are Mirror, Yoyo, Fire+Spark (64), Water, Plasma/Spark, Ghost, and good ol' Parasol.
Least favorite is suplex because I'm so bad at anything that requires you to be right up in the action.

ide
PostPosted: April 8th, 2016, 8:20 am 
Son of Wind Male
Son of Wind

My Favorite Game is Kirby Super Star Ultra, since it remade Super Star (my past favorite) and added even more content! The fact that it's on a handheld and I could play it anywhere I wanted was a huge plus, and the debut of Galacta Knight, Heavy Lobster's theme song and (the game's almost 10 years old so I don't think it's really a big spoiler) Marx Soul was the icing on the cake. My least favorite is Kirby's Dreamland 3. It's not a bad game, the graphics and music are advanced for the SNES, and I love the final boss, but getting all of the heart drops in order to reach it is a pain and the game's a little too slow for my taste. Plus it came right off the heels of Super Star, so it was disappointing that abilities didn't have entire movesets anymore. Sort of ironically I fell in love with Kirby 64 despite its similarities because you could combine abilities in that one, and probably because I played that one first.

My Favorite Ability is Bell for the comedy factor of attacking with bell chimes, its defensive abilities, and its projectiles! My least favorite ability is probably... uh... maybe Jet. It just feels too weird to use. I'd use it to get that one treasure it's required for in Great Cave Offensive, but other than that I wouldn't use it.

ide
PostPosted: April 8th, 2016, 11:20 pm 
Son of Wind A_mystery
Son of Wind

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Mass Attack
I have so many favorite games, I like Triple Deluxe, Mass Attack, Squeak Squad, Amazing Mirror, Dreamland 3. I like all the others, the only one I just gave up on is Dreamland 2. It was alright, it just didn't have any story or theme. Dream Land had text and cutscenes to make up for being black and white, DL2 just moved from place to place.

ide
PostPosted: April 27th, 2016, 7:48 am 
Puff in Training Male
Puff in Training

Favorite Game- An extremely difficult question, you're basically asking me to pick a favorite child, how dare you! Anyways I guess i'd have to say Kirby Super Star Ultra just really charming in general, It's what truly got me into the Kirby series after playing Squeak Squad. It gave me a good grasp on what makes a good Kirby game and what abilities I liked the most, all while expirimenting with the sub games by having Kirby go a wicked treasure hunt, what could only be described as a Gourmet Race, and adding the copy essense deluxe system in Milky Way Wishes. I have alot of nostalgia with this game and yes, I do think the remake is better than the original Super Star, shame I lost the game about a year ago...

Favorite Ability- Definately circus, it's basically given that it whould be a fun ability, even Kirby looks like he's having fun when he uses it, but that aside this ability imo places GOD TIER in combat. Most of the tricks Circus can pull off leave Kirby invulnerable until he stops flipping, balancing on that ball or jumping on that trampoline, challenging the player to both dodge attacks and attack at the same time. While generally a simple concept, it's one I find charming and funt to use.

ide
PostPosted: April 29th, 2016, 4:06 am 
Water Drop Male
Water Drop

My favourite Kirby game is Kirby Super Star, because all 8 games were fun and had much replay value.

Ranking Kirby games is hard for me, so I don't know what my least favoured Kirby game is, but I don't really like Kirby's Dreamland 1, as it was very short and noticeably lagging. Doesn't mean that it is my least favoured game though, as I haven't played all of the spin-offs yet.

My favourite ability is Sword, as it is both strong and is making a nice reference to link.

My least favored? If I'm allowed to choose mixes, I would choose Melting Ice Block Kirby. Really. Fire+Ice would be much more useful, when it is more like the blue fire in OoT. Ice alone already makes Kirby breath ice, but melting hot ice with a icy flame would've been a cool puzzle mechanic.

ide
PostPosted: May 21st, 2016, 10:07 am 
Puff in Training A_mystery
Puff in Training

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Air Ride
i'm hesitant to pick a favourite game before robobot comes out because i have high expectations for it, but...
if i can't pick from spinoffs, it'd probably have to be squeak squad or triple deluxe. super star ultra is also high up on the list. (if i can choose from spinoffs, then air ride is it without a doubt. i have sooo many memories with air ride. <3)
as for least favourites, i tend not to like the older ones, unfortunately. i mainly dislike for the gameplay, though. i'm not fond of amazing mirror due to the fact that my first experiences with it were pure confusion about how the heck i was supposed to get around. i also don't like dreamland 2 or dreamland as much, but i haven't played as much of either of those.

abilities... there are so many good abilities, tbh. if we're talking aesthetics, i really love bell, plasma, ice, bubble, ghost, leaf, water, wing, mirror, ufo...
if we're talking about usefulness or use-wise, then i suppose i like bell, sword, beetle, fighter, mirror, water, ice, ninja, yo-yo, maybe beam.
that's way too many, so i'm probably going to try and narrow it down to bell, beetle, mirror, water, leaf, and ninja. (i liked certain abilities a lot more back in squeak squad and similar games, where there was considerably less... lag when trying to use them. they were a lot faster and could prove to be more useful, i feel.)

least favourite abilities - there are a lot of those too, but i can try to narrow it down to... copy, circus, cutter, laser, and wheel.

ide
PostPosted: May 21st, 2016, 2:21 pm 
Water Drop A_mystery
Water Drop

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Planet Robobot
Favorite game: In my description.

Least favorite game: Kirby's Avalanche (haven't actually played it, but I did play Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, which is exactly the same)

Favorite ability: Wing

Least favorite ability: Metal

ide
PostPosted: June 30th, 2016, 3:30 pm 
Mirror Power! A_mystery
Mirror Power!

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Return to Dream Land
Favorite game(s)- Air Ride and Robobot
Favorite ability(s)- Doctor, Poison (new game)... but if we're talking about old game abilities I thought the fridge combo from kirby 64 was cute.

Least favorite game- None, really, though I did get a bit frustrated with canvas curse.
Least favorite ability- Probably needle, I never really used it / found use for it unless it was absolutely needed for a puzzle.

ide
PostPosted: July 10th, 2016, 6:41 pm 
Puff in Training Male
Puff in Training

Favorite game is probably Kirby Super Star Ultra, but Kirby Robobot is probably a close second or third!
Favorite ability is probably fighter or plasma.

Least favorite game is probably Squeak Squad. It's not that it's a bad game, but it's definitely one of the most lacking in terms of Kirby games, to me. It's still okay, though!
Least favorite ability is probably...ball. It was so hard to use, and was just frustrating.

ide
PostPosted: July 19th, 2016, 2:58 pm 
Mirror Power! A_mystery
Mirror Power!

JamMasterBox wrote:
Favorite game is probably Kirby Super Star Ultra, but Kirby Robobot is probably a close second or third!
Favorite ability is probably fighter or plasma.

Least favorite game is probably Squeak Squad. It's not that it's a bad game, but it's definitely one of the most lacking in terms of Kirby games, to me. It's still okay, though!
Least favorite ability is probably...ball. It was so hard to use, and was just frustrating.

I agree about Fighter and Plasma being good abilities especially since I recently started using them more and they're really fun to use! I actually beat the extra mode final boss in Return to Dreamland with Plasma! As for squeak squad, I def. didn't like it as much as some of the other kirby games to choose from. The final boss wasn't all that impressive, though I did like the spray paint where you can color your kirby differently though. That's also in Amazing Mirror, though, so...

I remember ball. I remember feeling like it was literally just taken out of canvas curse, almost.

ide
PostPosted: July 19th, 2016, 3:17 pm 
Puff in Training Male
Puff in Training

Favourite game is Planet Robobot! A close second is Super Star Ultra. I don't really have a least favourite game... I like them all.

Favourite (normal) ability is a tie between Sword and Fighter! For the Robobot mode, however, I love Mike. For least favourite, I'm not very fond of Cutter or Needle.

ide
PostPosted: July 26th, 2016, 1:41 pm 
Mirror Power! A_mystery
Mirror Power!

Ok recently I picked up Dreamland 3 and... I think it's my new favorite.
The style is so cutesy and fun, and the characters / animal friends are really adorable and it's hard for me to choose which one I want to use! I love them all and gooey is super cute too (I love how he can use the same abilities as kirby!)

So far I really think the story mode is interesting too, despite me not being too interested in Dark Matter.

Air Ride is still an important game to me and so is robobot, but this game takes first for me now.
I like the friend combo ability with Pitch + Electric most! I'm not a huge fan of most of the rock combos. :s

ide
PostPosted: August 20th, 2016, 4:07 pm 
GIM! A_mystery
GIM!

I thought I made a post here before! Ah well, Id have to say my favourite, hands down, is Kirby Super Star, as well as beam being my favourite ability (though ESP and parasol coming after)
my least would have to be maybe needle? I could never get the hang of it too well... I love hammer but its difficult for me to use..
As for my least favourite game? I... I don't really know I guess :???:

ide
PostPosted: May 29th, 2017, 12:30 am 
Water Drop Male
Water Drop

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Adventure
From the new Kirby game, I'd have to say Pills is a really nice bread and butter ability. Shotgun pills is honestly pretty fun to spam, but it just has nice coverage in general.

Poison is also a very interesting area denial ability (which we don't have enough of). I'd have to say it's probably the most strategic of all of the abilities Robobot offers.

ide
PostPosted: May 29th, 2017, 8:54 pm 
Li'l Traveler Male
Li'l Traveler

Blue Warrior wrote:
From the new Kirby game, I'd have to say Pills is a really nice bread and butter ability. Shotgun pills is honestly pretty fun to spam, but it just has nice coverage in general.

Poison is also a very interesting area denial ability (which we don't have enough of). I'd have to say it's probably the most strategic of all of the abilities Robobot offers.

I though it was called Doctor... guess your version of the game is from a different region (EU?).

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 570 posts ]  Go to page Previous 125 26 27 28 29 Next