Welcome back, Kirby fans. We missed us.
It is currently November 20th, 2019, 12:23 am

All times are UTC-04:00

ide
PostPosted: May 6th, 2017, 6:32 am 
Shooting Star A_mystery
Shooting Star

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 3
Location: It's crazy that I'm using this like an "About Me" section, right? Anyways, I lost interest in Kirby.
EDIT 9/13/2017: There is not really any hope left for the Kirby fanbase in general. I tried my best to do whatever I could, but nothing worked.

If you're wondering about the whole fiasco, I suggested you click on the link below to read about it.

viewtopic.php?f=3&p=497551#p497551

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT 5/30/2017: It's probably best to completely abandon KRR now. We don't need to stay on it anymore, as we can just hang out on Another Dimension.

As for the "the PMs are going to cause drama and staff won't like it blah blah blah" argument, the staff do not care about this site anymore. There has been a bot vandalizing the site for ages, and the staff did nothing about it, so I doubt they'll care about my posts. Also, most people have left, it's somewhat unlikely for them to see this.

KRR is dead. The inspiration and users from KRR is what caused TKC and MN to be unsuccessful. I doubt there will ever be a successful Kirby fansite ever again, but I'll try my best to keep the community going.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT 5/9/2017: One of our people who became interested in helping out provided us with a forum. We'll use this as a test site, until we get a proper website. I highly recommend joining the link below, but if you do, DO NOT leave KRR's forum. Staying on both sites will make things easier. With that being said, I'll put the link below.

http://anotherdimension.boards.net/

NOTE: There will be a TL;DR at the end if you want to know everything without reading an overly long thread.

I highly recommend you listen to this song while you read my thread. Very relaxing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_80ffp7 ... 3FTB8uhCfz

Kirby 64 music(such as the boss theme) and other KEY music fits as well, so I guess choose whatever fits well to you. Like this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Ok, enough with the jokes, this is supposed to be a serious thread. The song seems to fit well as I type this, though, so why not keep it playing in the background?

Anyways.... what happened? Why am I doing this? Simply put, this is a sequel to my "KRR is Dead" thread or whatever in the heck it was called. KRR used to be something that was actually cared for... in a sense, of course. Why is it dead, you ask?

It's because we were fighting a losing battle. There was no way we could win. It's the sad truth, but it has to be admitted.

Let me get off my lazy *insert curse word here* and type into detail.

KRR is planned to shut down all interactive features around February 1st, 2016, originally, if I recall correctly, but was pushed back to around February 10th, I finally join for the "final" moments. Joshi, someone who we need very much right now, was last seen at this time.

Okaki, gallery, and forum are taken down "forever".

Come March 31st, KRR is semi-relaunched a day early, to avoid confusion with April Fools' Day and other nonsense. This was surprising to pretty much EVERYONE. The original Meta Naito forum(home of the original Beanbonfest) celebrates.

More posts on the main site are made throughout the month of April by Mints and Bimblesnaff, and the forum and gallery get a revival. The okaki never truly returned, but we can still hope, I suppose....

KRR members, old and new, got excited. Many contributed scans of manuals, detailed info of the latest games, etc., in hopes that they would be added to the site sooner or later. New art is posted on the gallery. There was actual HOPE for once.

Emotes were imported from Meta Naito, as well as new ones, which were also made by Gsnail, just like the originals. You can thank me for suggesting to Gsnail to make them Kirby Mass Attack themed. :beancool:

Meta Naito forums shut down around May or early June. The reason why the forum shut down, was in no small part due to KRR returning, AND a private message I sent to Meta Naito(and possibly Fubaka and goldmaster11, too) about EVERYTHING. The SSB4 events, the emotes, the big mess we made, a potential war between us and KRR, etc.. Now, according to Fubaka, Meta Naito now DENIES ANY of this. I guess younger people like us have better memories. Either that or... B. Meta Naito makes dirty lies to get away with things. C. Fubaka makes dirty lies to get away with things. D. BOTH make dirty lies to get away with things. D. Meta Naito misunderstood what I meant, or Fubaka didn't explain it the right way. or E. Fubaka LIED to Meta Naito, and he didn't understand as a result.

A very, VERY minor thing to note is that the now forgotten(and stupider than Conquest Corrin) "The Kirby Club" was shut down earlier that year, around January. I browsed the closing thread a few times, it was nothing special. Apparently the weird Lololo and Lalala things that are on our profiles now are from TKC. Well, I hate them, they suck.

Now, the reason why I was made a mod on Meta Naito, was because he didn't know any better than to make a 12 and a half(at the time, I'm 14 now)year old a mod. He did it simply because I made some good suggestions to him(I recall making a suggestion to him about the ability to make comments on the main sites posts, the owner opted for a forum, instead), and I got him to his fame, AKA where he was back in early 2016. goldmaster11 getting the same promotion was for a similar reason. Later on, he seemed to just have treated us(or at least me) like trash, like we never did anything for him or his friends.

Holy carp, my laptop just froze. That scared the poop out of me. This NEVER happened with the old laptop. On the bright side, the laptop apparently still works, AND I didn't lose the large amount of progress I made on this overly long thread. YAY.

Hold on, I'm going to get some old quotes from an email with Meta Naito. No, more than one email, actually! I still have old emails from discussions with Meta Naito and Waddle Dee, so this will be at least SOME proof, of.... SOMETHING.

"On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 6:11 PM, <> wrote:
Name: Keeby
Email: *censored to avoid spam*

Hi. I am new to here. I really like your Website. But theres LOTS of misleading stuff. Theres lots of incorrect info in the 50 Kirby Facts Page. I\'ll tell you another time. The Kirby\'s Dream Collection page says that each Trailer/Commercial for every Kirby Game is in the \'\'Kirby History\'\' Section. That is untrue. Its just a generic Gameplay Video for. EVERY. GAME. EVEN THE NEW ONES. Also, not incorrect info, but you spoiled everything you can unlock in the Game on the Kirby\'s Dream Land Page. I already beat the Game, but what about others?! Also, when you beat the game , they just give you the button combination in order to unlock the stuff. Instead, perhaps say something like this: if you entered certain button combinations, you could unlock neat modes!. Kirby\'s Dream Land being in the spotlight just makes this even worse, so please fix this. Also, im Keeby from the Kirby Series of Video Games. Remember, I look like Kirby, but im yellow. See ya later!"

I know, lots of typos, but remember. This was early 2015. I was 11 and 3/4 at the time. This was even a few days before I joined ANIMAL CROSSING COMMUNITY, which I am now permanently banned from. As Billy Mays would say if he was still alive, but wait, THERE'S MORE.

"Hello Keeby,

Thank you for your feedback! Let me see if I've got this straight:

The videos in Kirby's Dream Collection are generic gameplay videos, not their actual trailer.

The page on Kirby's Dream Land has too much information, and might spoil it for other players.

Specifically, do you think we should not mention Extra mode and Options mode, and instead say, as you suggested, "certain button combinations can unlock really cool ways to play" or something? Also, I'm not clear what the problem with the spotlight is. (Are you just saying that the spotlight is drawing attention to Kirby's Dream Land, possibly causing people to read its full description and spreading the spoiler information?)

Again, I appreciate that you were bold enough to mention our mistakes! Please help me clarify, and I'll try to fix the problem!

~Waddle Dee"

Please note this message was from Waddle Dee. Shortly before Meta Naito returned in late 2015, she left for a trip, similar to the one Meta Naito started embarking on around 2013. She recently returned, but I'm not sure how she's doing.

"Hi Waddle Dee. That was EXACTLY what I was saying. Thanks!

Message From: Keeby The Yellow Kirby From Kirby's Dream Course"

"You haven't fixed it....... did you miss the reply?"

"No, I got the reply. Sorry, it's just been a busy week this week. I will try my best to have it fixed this weekend! Sorry for the delay!

Thanks for following through, though!

~Waddle Dee"

"I would also like for you to fix the 50 Kirby Facts Article. I will send an email this weekend!

I was also wondering why you didn't approve of my fanfic. What were the worst parts?

Thanks again!"

Oh, gods, I remember Keeby's Yogurt Country and my unfinished fanfic. Oh, gods.... Nacho News.... I remember that...

"I don't remember ever receiving your fan-fiction. How did you send it?

~Waddle Dee"

"Go on this site. Theres a sneak peek of the fan fic:"

The link no longer works, so I've decided not to put it up.

"Also, heres the description: Keeby goes on an adventure! A Story filled with obscure Kirby Characters and full of Nintendo References!

Let me know if your gonna edit the story!"

"I'll check out your story and take a look at the Kirby facts as soon as I get a chance. Thanks!

~Waddle Dee"

Oh, gods, this is taking so long, I don't think I'll do the other email until later...

"Thanks!"

"Hello? Its been a while...."

"Hey Keeby,

Like I said, things are kind of busy lately. I promise to look at your story and suggestions for the 50 Facts as soon as I can! Sorry it's taking a while, and thanks for your patience!

~Waddle Dee"

"Oh ok. Thanks!"

Oh gods, here comes the "mistakes" email....

"Thank you for correcting everything I mentioned! Now for many, MANY mistakes in the 50 Kirby Facts Article. 1. Its Gourmet Race. -_- 3. The Color is white because Nintendo of America didn\'t know Kirby\'s Color. 4. Meta Knight uses Swords different from Galaxia too! 5. Merge into Fact 2 pls. 6. Kirby talks in many Games, its just not speech made up with words. 7. Why its unreleased is unconfirmed. 8. Merge into Fact 25 pls. 9. Meta Knight wasn\'t planned to be in. Dedede was, however. 10. Unless the cameo as a trophy counts, Dedede does not appear in Rainbow Curse. 12. Unconfirmed. Theres also Rumors about Kirby being named after John Kirby. 13. Also obtained from Marx Soul in ultra. Has no special effect on Marx Soul, however. 18. Unconfirmed. 19. Hammer does not have a hat in the original Super Star. 22. Unconfirmed. 24. As of this writing, there are more HAL Rooms. 27. Unconfirmed. Proof? 33. The Japan Boxart for Triple Deluxe has an angry Kirby on the front. 37. Now playable in Rainbow Curse. 39. Now playable in Triple Deluxe and Dedede\'s Drum Dash Deluxe. 44. Also included, abeit extremely weaker, in Triple Deluxe. 47. Unconfirmed. Proof? 49. Its very different from the original, though. That\'s it! Also, add pages for Kirby Fighters Deluxe and Dedede\'s Drum Dash Deluxe! Thanks! NOTE: This incorrect info may be outdated, or from a bad source. I wanted to correct it. Thanks again! Message From: Keeby The Yellow Kirby From Kirby\'s Dream Course"

"6. We are not considering his sounds as speech
7. It may be unconfirmed, so that's why we said "supposedly"
10, 24, 33, 37, 39, 44 Triple Deluxe & Rainbow Curse weren't even announced when we made the article, but I can change them when I change the other stuff
22. We're not saying it is earth. We're just saying it looks like it.
27. I'd have to ask Meta Naito if he has done it. (he wrote that one; actually he wrote a lot of them, so I may not change some right away or at all)
47. I've seen it; I have Squeak Squad and found that out
49. It's different, but it's still a remake

I'll try to fix the others, but it may take a while, and Meta Naito also needs to have a say (he comes back this August)
Thanks for your input, though!

~Waddle Dee"

"I'm a little confused about the story. Have you only written that first part on the yogurt country website? I can't make much of a judgement based on so little...

~Waddle Dee"

"Ok. Its just that I never got to finishing it....

Im glad you are gonna fix most of these incorrect facts."

"Hey Keeby,

I have updated the 50 Facts page with some of your suggestions and also with Triple Deluxe and Rainbow Curse info. I have left a couple of your suggestions undone, mostly so Meta Naito can check on it when he gets back. Thanks again for the help, and let us know if you find other things amiss!

~Waddle Dee"

"Ok, thanks!"

"Ok. You haven't been active in a while, and now the url for the site doesn't even work. Can you help?"

"Hello again Keeby,

Thank you for letting me know the URL isn't working. (It was fine last week) I've contacted the one who's in charge of our URL/address, and hopefully he can help. As for the inactivity, I haven't been able to access my uploading software for a while. Sorry about that! I can promise there will be another update this month!

~Waddle Dee"

"If you type in http://metanaito.net/index.asp that will still take you to the home page."

"Ok!"

"And it works again!"

All of these emails were sent in the months of February 2015 to May 2015, back when Waddle Dee was taking over Meta Naito's duties, still. I have another email from late 2015, but I'm so tired, so that will have to wait for now.

What were we talking about, again? Ah, yes, KRR, and how it died.

Around June, 2016, Mints stopped approving new users' posts. Mind you, this was when Robobot was all the hype, AND we REALLY wanted to get the site to shape shift again. Mints came back for a short time, but after approving a few new users, he stopped.

... and he never came back.

June and July were months where the forum was still semi-active. Other users tried to start projects relating to Kirby games and manga, and similar things. I usually disagreed with a lot of things here, I'll have to take a look back at that...

Then *that* thread showed up.

I made a "KRR is Dead" post in August, and it was probably after this thread that the site died off truly.

I'm not going to go into as much detail as I did with the email from 2015, but I will point out important key posts. Special mention goes to The Kirbinator for unintentionally calling me fat.

I found a few posts, in particular, interesting. Here's what I found.

"Okay, I kinda lied before: I want to say one more thing about this whole situation.

Are you actually testing us?
No lie, this is the most active I've seen a topic get on Rainbow Resort in a long time, and it's all because we want you to stop bringing us down.
The very place you said was dead, the community's starting to band together in this topic, to channel what limited power we have.
Here we all have one common goal; to convince you to leave, because all you do here is spread your negativity.
Is this what you've really been trying to do? To see for yourself if people still truly cared for the betterment of what's left of this community?
If that's the case, it's working brilliantly. We love Kirby, we care about Rainbow Resort, and we want to see it thrive again.
Otherwise, you're only disproving your point because people do still care for the website, and Kirby, even if it's not as huge a pool of people as it once was. I'd chalk it up to people not knowing that Rainbow Resort's trying to get back on its feet and the whole "your first post must be approved" thing that needs a mod to actually approve a good first post for new members interested in flowing through the veins of a revived website.

For the record, I'm also an adult and my love for Kirby's only gotten stronger as I grew up.
And you wanna know what I think about Fire Emblem (and don't think I'm unaware, because I was one of the people who tried helping you upload your Fire Emblem avatar!)?

I can't get into it. I just can't get into it. I dislike SRPGs, so I dislike playing Fire Emblem.
But you don't see me going into Fire Emblem communities and dissing its fans because I don't enjoy the series, or the entire genre, do you?
Why do the same thing towards Kirby?"

Ok. So...
1. Don't ask about the FE avatar thing, there's probably a thread hidden somewhere about it. KirbStomp's avatar and signature "shop", I think.
2. Serenes Forest is full of trolls and whatnot, or at least was back in 2009-ish.
3. I actually wasn't testing you guys, but after I saw that post, I liked the idea of it... and still do. :beanhappy:

BlueAizu21 got a brilliant idea... by accident. Sadly, they never made use of it.

"NEVER *steals the Star Rod, throws blobs of Dark Matter at people, throws all the keys down a pit*

I can't quite get a good reading on Keeby64--everything said sounds sarcastic. But maybe that's my optimism. My patented pessimistic optimism, you know.

Oh geeze there's three pages of this."

Don't worry- it later turned into 5.

Also, I still don't know what pessimistic means, after all this time.

"Kind of off(?) topic, but I'd be glad to be a jr. mod!
I completly believe that this forum is worth reviving, and in general, I'm glad I found a place where fellow kirby fans can talk, even if I don't post much!"

This was so out of the blue.

"Uh... Keeby, you do know you don't have to stay here, right? none of us will hate you for finding things that you enjoy, so I suggest finding somewhere else to chat with people who share your interests! I don't know why you're so negative, but trust me, it's a lot easier to like and care about things you like then to hate things you don't like. I hope you have a great day, and I hope you can find something that you really enjoy! :)"

This.

This was the line that broke me mentally.

What I find very interesting, is that this classic member decided to post something rather important. Like many other oddball and hidden posts on KRR, and other places, this gave me an idea.

"Reading this topic, I find it ironic how it delved into a very personal fight between the members. I guess the board really does need moderators."

September through about November still had posts and projects throughout on the forum. Whatever....

Then it just... faded out. Mints was gone. Bimblesnaff posts on the main site section only every 2 months. Joshi had not been seen in over a year, despite the so-called revival. The gallery is only updated every once in a while. Most users on the forum either moved their fan projects to elsewhere, or quietly cancelled them. Bimblesnaff never added the forum users' contributions to the main site. The Meta Naito forum revival was a mess, and only made things worse.

Now, considering all the original research I have done, I have an idea. This isn't really a revival of KRR, but rather a revival of the Kirby community, something we can all add to!

I know you all will be very, VERY disappointed to hear this, but...

We need to start fresh. Almost entirely from scratch. It's the only way we will get a chance at bringing the community closer together, considering the condition of this site.

However, I DO have a plan. It probably won't work, but we'll try... if anyone wants to try, anyway.

We'll take inspiration from KRR's interface. There'll be a main section for Kirby fun facts, contributions, news about Kirby and the fansite, and whatnot. The other part will be a forum, which we need REAL admins and moderators for. I do not trust Fubaka or the Meta Naito owners, Fubaka banned me on the Meta Naito forum permanently apparently for something I did OUTSIDE OF THE FORUM. Ugh... Meta Naito seems sketchy, and I don't know what the heck Waddle Dee is up to.

Who DO I trust, you ask? I trust Star Dream, KirbStomp, MarxTrash, BlueAizu, goldmaster, The Kirbinator, and many, MANY others who I have forgotten. You are welcome to contribute, and help out!

I HIGHLY suggest we get try to get in contact with Joshi. He apparently is on Reddit and also has some sort of Twitter or Tumblr, under the name BlueJoshi. If anyone uses those sites, please try finding him, he may provide some advice for us, or even join us in our project! It's unlikely, but eh....

I also wish to get in contact with ANYONE who has had experience from TKC or KRR, or even just coding and/or designing in general. People such as Gsnail.

Feel free to provide ideas in the thread, it will help us out a lot.

Ok... I'm tired... I spent two hours typing this... I'm going to bed.... I don't feel well...

See everyone around.

Edit: Dangit, I forgot to put a TL;DR at the end. I need sleep.

If you’re ever feeling lonely, watch this video:
https://youtu.be/mie-3U3H3iY

Last edited by KEEBY64 on September 13th, 2017, 6:01 am, edited 3 times in total.

ide
PostPosted: May 6th, 2017, 9:03 am 
Son of Wind A_mystery
Son of Wind

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star Ultra
Sounds like a good idea! I'll try to help in any way I can!

ide
PostPosted: May 6th, 2017, 6:11 pm 
Shooting Star A_mystery
Shooting Star

Location: It's crazy that I'm using this like an "About Me" section, right? Anyways, I lost interest in Kirby.
Ok, the best way to get started is to let others know about the idea, or link them to this thread. If you think reading the entire thread is too much, then tell them to go towards the end of the post to get to the point. By "others", I mean almost anyone still active on the KRR forum. I also highly suggest we try to get in contact with BlueJoshi, Gsnail, and anyone who helped out greatly on TKC.

Please spread the word to anyone still active on KRR, MarxTrash. Message them about it. We need a fresh start, and this might be the only way to spread it around.

ide
PostPosted: May 7th, 2017, 6:30 pm 
Shooting Star A_mystery
Shooting Star

I tried getting in contact with KirbStomp, no reply yet. Let's hope she's interested and will help out.

I might insert more KRR quotes and old valuable emails here tomorrow. I'm not sure yet...

ide
PostPosted: May 7th, 2017, 6:46 pm 
Shooting Star A_mystery
Shooting Star

Ok, I'm advertising this thread in my signature now.

I was looking through members' profiles, and a lot of users who joined back in late 2015-mid 2016 left in September-December last year. People who are or might still be active on KRR include goldmaster11, MarxTrash, KirbStomp, and me. I'll let you know if I find any other active KRR forum members. There are so many users that left KRR late last year, so making a list of the users that ARE still active, rather than not, is easier.

ide
PostPosted: May 8th, 2017, 4:02 am 
Shooting Star A_mystery
Shooting Star

Ok, it's nearly 4AM in the morning where I live, but I have to say some bad news.

The bad news is... almost nobody seems to be interested in this. KirbStomp never contacted me back, and only MarxTrash ever left a reply on this thread. I messaged him, and asked him to keep checking on this thread whenever I make updates, try to PM active users about this, provide ideas, and whatnot. He seemed to be alright with this. I mean... one user interested in this project is better than one.

Now, one of my sort of kind of friends messaged me about this. They said that they saw the thread, and they had an idea.

Turns out this idea is the worst idea possible. They said we should just make a discord chat for Kirby.

This... will only make things worse. Now, I like discord and all(Club Penguin Rewritten has a funny discord chat), but it is NOT a good replacement for KRR. It will only make things worse. The point of this thread was to make something we could use other than a sub-reddit. An actually decent site and forum. Something that's organized.

Back in late 2016, at least one discord was made for KRR, with the owner of the new discord chat thinking this would solve the inactivity problems. It didn't. We got more separated, and this was one of the main reasons KRR is like this now. Now, the "new" discord may have actually been the Meta Naito discord, but still, it caused problems.

I'm not going to mention the name of the user, but I just want to let them know that their idea completely misses the point of why I made this thread in the first place.

MarxTrash, and anyone else, if you have ideas that we can add onto or polish my concept, that would be great.

ide
PostPosted: May 8th, 2017, 7:18 am 
Son of Wind A_mystery
Son of Wind

Sadly, I don't have any ideas, but I think kirbstomp has just been busy, because I haven't seen them online at all yet. So there's still some hope!

ide
PostPosted: May 8th, 2017, 12:45 pm 
Shooting Star A_mystery
Shooting Star

KirbStomp has been online. I checked. I just think she's not interested, honestly, but hopefully she is, because now barely anyone is on the forum...

If I posted this, let's say, nine months ago, this probably would've gotten more attention.

ide
PostPosted: May 8th, 2017, 6:17 pm 
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter

Woah, that was a long text, Keeby. But it was worth reading.
Believe me or not, I'm always watching.
I don't have too much time to write here nowadays (because of real life troubles) and since it's been pretty empty I didn't bothered to reply.
But... KRR was part of my childhood. Kirby is a very special game franchise to me, and KRR was always there to cheer me up.
The golden days of this site and forums were some of the most incredible memories I ever had with any game community.
Kirby is better than ever nowadays. We have some of the best games the series ever had, a lot of fan service from HAL and a lot more.
It's so ironic that the Kirby community is mostly silent during one of the best eras the series ever had. (Outside of Reddit and YouTube)
I really want to help to bring that magic back. If anyone needs anything Kirby-related, I'll be glad to provide.
I'll spread this topic on discord.
Also, sorry being acting like a jerk lately, a lot of people were assuming you were just a troll.

Kirby fans are still alive and aware, but the community can't die.
Let's make this place the #1 Kirby site on the internet again!
Let's revive KRR and all of it's features.
The fans want it, the users want it, and even the OPHnK subbing team is back.
Let's make Rainbow Resort great again, as it was in the early and mid 2000's.
TOGETHER, WE CAN DO IT!!!

ide
PostPosted: May 8th, 2017, 6:28 pm 
Son of Wind A_mystery
Son of Wind

Whoo! Now we have 3 people on here that are interested!

ide
PostPosted: May 8th, 2017, 6:56 pm 
Water Drop Female
Water Drop

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Squeak Squad
I'm slightly interested, too. o:

ide
PostPosted: May 8th, 2017, 6:57 pm 
Water Drop Male
Water Drop

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star
I'm interested.

ide
PostPosted: May 8th, 2017, 7:02 pm 
Shooting Star A_mystery
Shooting Star

Nintendofan012 wrote:
Woah, that was a long text, Keeby. But it was worth reading.
Believe me or not, I'm always watching.
I don't have too much time to write here nowadays (because of real life troubles) and since it's been pretty empty I didn't bothered to reply.
But... KRR was part of my childhood. Kirby is a very special game franchise to me, and KRR was always there to cheer me up.
The golden days of this site and forums were some of the most incredible memories I ever had with any game community.
Kirby is better than ever nowadays. We have some of the best games the series ever had, a lot of fan service from HAL and a lot more.
It's so ironic that the Kirby community is mostly silent during one of the best eras the series ever had. (Outside of Reddit and YouTube)
I really want to help to bring that magic back. If anyone needs anything Kirby-related, I'll be glad to provide.
I'll spread this topic on discord.
Also, sorry being acting like a jerk lately, a lot of people were assuming you were just a troll.

It was supposed to be long, I usually give up on long posts like those, but not this time.

Trust me, puberty sucks. Bad. It's a pain in the you know what. Ugh...

We do need help with contributions, moderation, keeping up to date on Kirby, and whatnot, but we need a site in order to start this project up, we need to make the actual site. I'm not sure if anyone knows coding here, but all we really need to start is a main site, and a forum, similar to KRR and MNKS.

The other person really didn't seem interested, but I do think your idea is much better. Spreading the word on the discord, rather than having the actual revival on a discord chat, is more likely to work. Try to tell people on the sub-reddit, as well.

Also, 7 or 8 months ago is not "lately".

Ok, two people helping out, we might be able to build a community, and not wreck it. Good.

I hope this ridiculously stupid plan works... :beanthink:

Oh, and other person who JUST posted when I was about to enter this post, you can help out too.

Edit: Oh, two new people interested. Great. Please state your ideas, how you would like to help out, and whatnot. Thanks for being interested.

ide
PostPosted: May 8th, 2017, 7:31 pm 
Sword Power! Female
Sword Power!

Hello, I was previously known as Hydreigon. I am more than interested in helping out--in fact, several months ago, I started a new forum that can also support non-discussion pages. I know it has some issues, mainly with the lack of non-generic graphics and a generic domain name, but I think we can get it to work.
http://anotherdimension.boards.net/
Trust me, I know hormones can be awful things--I started a bunch of arguments on the first forum I was on as a hormonal twelve-year-old. Just hang in there, it will be over eventually.

ide
PostPosted: May 9th, 2017, 7:02 am 
Shooting Star A_mystery
Shooting Star

Hey, I checked your profile a few days ago, and you were last active in November. Thanks for checking my thread!

I think we could use your site to test things out until we get a proper site. Thanks for your support.

ide
PostPosted: May 9th, 2017, 12:15 pm 
Sword Power! Female
Sword Power!

Thanks! I thought about it a bit and I agree that it could make for a decent prototype. Until then, we need to figure out improvements so that the final product is as good as possible.

ide
PostPosted: May 9th, 2017, 3:07 pm 
Shooting Star A_mystery
Shooting Star

I'm already posting on the new forum. Hopefully this will work out.

I'll still post on this thread occasionally, so don't worry.

ide
PostPosted: May 9th, 2017, 9:26 pm 
Shooting Star A_mystery
Shooting Star

Ok, most of the discussion about making the actual revival site will be on the new forum, so check it out, I guess.

Also, I found an interesting thing I said at the end of the first page of the long argument thread I made in August.

"Guys, you want this place to come back.

It's not going to work.

If you love the pink little idiot so much, why don't you go ahead and create a NEW forum, one where the staff is active and things are actually getting DONE?

Oh yeah, by the way, Diskmaster is back, again.

I question your actions to continue "reviving" this site.

People on ACC are doing similar things. Ugh.

Give up."

This is what we should have gone with in the first place. Making a new site where people can actually moderate and get things done. Well, we're doing it now, so better late than never, I suppose.

ide
PostPosted: May 9th, 2017, 9:37 pm 
Sword Power! Female
Sword Power!

I have to agree that this definitely had to be done at some point; I regret not bringing the project up sooner, and what the community desperately needs is something that appeals to the majority of the fandom, particularly the newer members of the fandom because I honestly think they (myself included) might have had a bit of trouble really getting involved with older communities such as this one. Now, there are a lot of factors that play into this, but I think an entirely new forum had to be made at least a couple of years ago--unfortunately, I was unable to do so back then because of real-life obligations and I was even more skittish back then.

I really do appreciate your input, as it is helping me figure out more of what the community needs.

ide
PostPosted: May 9th, 2017, 9:57 pm 
Shooting Star A_mystery
Shooting Star

You are very much welcome. Together, we can ultimately decide on what the community wants and needs, take some inspiration from the classic KRR, and make a new site. One that welcomes EVERYONE, new and old.

I... I think now would be a good time to start fresh as a human being...