Kirby's Rainbow Resort

Welcome back, Kirby fans. We missed us.
It is currently December 13th, 2019, 1:20 am

All times are UTC-04:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 Next
ide
Author Message
PostPosted: May 9th, 2017, 10:10 pm 
Offline
Shooting Star A_mystery
Shooting Star
User avatar

Joined: February 1st, 2016, 8:10 pm
Posts: 1316
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 3
Location: It's crazy that I'm using this like an "About Me" section, right? Anyways, I lost interest in Kirby.
Ok, TIME FOR A REALLY LONG PM I FOUND THAT MINTS SENT ME A YEAR AGO FOR SOME REASON.

"I was writing up a reply inside the post, but I found myself censoring myself a lot because I knew one of them was already on the thread, and he did just mention contacting oldbies on Reddit, so I don't need him releasing the hounds.

Yes, these people are that lifeless and vindictive. The only time they ever scurried out from under the filth is whenever I did something for KRR. It was instantly considered the worse thing ever and a far cry KRR's "glory days", which means other people doing the work and them getting the credit.
I was just reminded when looking through some backup data that these people actually went through everything either Gobbo or I submitted on KRR and gave it a downvote. This included things like posting members' comics, but they didn't think about how these poor people thought everyone hated their comic. They were just out for petty revenge. (I also undid their voting because that is a douche move and totally unfair to those people.)


So here is an unabridged history lesson. I'll try to make it entertaining.


As you said you had heard, KRR's problem is its staff. This is nothing new. Former staffer and RR legend Bimblesnaff (who happens to be my twin brother) would always complain about the staff here, and he's been coming to RR since it was on Geocities. Other staffers hated the constant drama, too, like Ivy J Spyder. When I contacted her about Disk self-destructing this place, too, on Kirby Club, she lamented how she could never escape this place's blackhole suckage.

And how did Kindar and the rest of the staffers deal with this drama? Well, Kindar simply didn't. She disappeared (and she disappeared a lot) until the flames died down. As for the other staffers, typically, whoever had the most skills and was most beneficial to KRR was ousted. See, they had to balance actually doing something productive against dealing with a bunch of whiny brats who had nothing better to do with their time. These staff members were essentially trolls who were granted moderator privileges.

Now, when I say "staff", I should make it clear that after the early years, very few people worked on the site. The site. It pretty much just became about the forums and chat. Why? Because they didn't see anything else as mattering, and they were apparently the end-all, be-all. I often refer to them as the Old Guard or the Club House: Old Guard because they were the ones at the helm before I took over, and Club House because of the way they attack everyone who doesn't fall in line with them. So many times, a new member to RR would complain or leave or say "Oh yeah, this is why I left the first time I joined this place," and they would no-sell it every time. That person was wrong, not the Club House, no matter how many times it happened.

Members of the Club House are often the first to say that there is no need for a Kirby forum because they can get in contact with their friends on Twitter or Tumblr or other social media. To them, that is all this forum was: their personal Club House for their friends. They even created a super-secret staff forum for just themselves, which even the site staff was not admitted access to.

Yes, they viewed the site staff as far, far below themselves.

And the thing is, Kindar rather foolishly gave everyone access to modify the site, even these staff forumers. They never used it, but they could have changed KRR whenever they wanted to, for years before I showed up. This is important to remember.


Well, the Fan Art Gallery broke on fateful summer morn, and no one could figure it out. Bimblesnaff, the only site staffer left after Kirby Warrior and Ivy J left at about the same time, contacted me since he knew I knew web stuff. I fixed the Gallery and actually brought it to a state of prominence. I mean, dA existed at this time, but I was able to find a niche and make it one of the most popular features on the site, mostly because of the community I harbored around it.

There started to be a second community at KRR: the forums and chat were for the Club House, and under their noses was the derogatorily named "Main Site". At any other site in history, the site refers to the site, and it has its forums. At KRR, the forums were deemed the most important (by the Club House), so the rest of it needed some other label to distinguish it. Thus, the label "Main Site" was born and actually caught on at Kirby Club and somewhat at Meta Naito, mostly from people who remember its usage at KRR and don't realize it was because these people hated the non-forum parts.

See, the Old Guard believed that the rest of the site could have been and should have been deleted. "No one" went their, they said, and "no one" cared about it, which really just meant they didn't. They were the end all, be all in their own minds, you see.

Well, I continue doing work for RR in secret, Bad Stuff happens to RR, Kindar takes away everyone's access, and I save KRR. Yes, the entire site was ready to be deleted, but I was the only one who would save it when former host Gamespy gave up the free hosting. Or the only one willing to try, apparently. This also, unfortunately, meant I had to reveal myself to Kindar for the first time in a year, which means the rest of the Old Guard, too.
And so they hate me because I am not part of their group. Like, irrational hatred as I described above. You can go back and see the shenanigans where they are clearly not remembering well documented events in which they took part (such as Asotoku claiming I banished him from the Mailbag feature of the site when in reality he publicly retired, unretired, and then stopped showing up to answer letters. This is somehow all my fault).

Before this point, Bimblesnaff or Kirby Warrior or Ivy J would do something, and the Old Guard would get the credit. They were the figureheads, and they were technically part of the staff, so they would absorb all of the praise they could. This was "their" site after all, even if they wanted everything outside of the forums and chats to be deleted.
Also, they have a real penchant for deleting stuff instead of just archiving it. You may have seen this with Disk a bit.

I cut them off from their supply, which meant they would actually have to do work to get praise now. According to them, I never gave them a chance to help out the site. In actuality, they never helped. I mean, they never did anything at KRR when they did have access, so why would they now? They answer is "they wouldn't." That was proven once they took over and drove KRR into the ground.

It is much easier to say that someone else is the bad guy and holding you back than to acknowledge one's own (rampant) shortcomings. These people loved to promise stuff, and they never delivered. I determined it was a simple formula of effort versus result. It goes like this:

Quote:
Terrible people will try to maximize the Good Feels they get with the least amount of Effort possible. That is, a high GF:E ratio.

The least amount of Effort is a promise, which is only effort because you must inform others of said promise. The bigger the promise, the greater the Good Feels, and for the same negligible Effort.


These people specialized in grandiose promised and never delivered. They did it with Project RAINBOW (which was akin to a seven-step Kirby Club Revival, for which they did not plan a single step before announcing) and they did it when they took over KRR.
Kirazy, Kirby artist and comicer, was actually sided with the Old Guard because of said promised. Every time he tried to rally the troops to do something, they would grudgingly discuss it for a minute or two before reverting to talking about generic videogames and memes. He soon realized the error of his ways and came back to our camp, albeit without any place to call home since they had taken KRR from everyone, really.


KRR's downfall all started with the return of one Amika. She had been a staffer in days past, and as far as I can tell, she wanted to be Kindar. Like, crazy stalker levels of want. I bet she had a Kindar suit at home that she wore in private.

She is an entire other can-o'-worms that I could write on just as long as I have written this comprehensive Downfall history, so let's just say that she hated anyone who would stop her from being Kindar2. Her entire goal upon her return was to be considered the new queen of KRR. She was instrumental in attacking everything that everyone else did for this site and I know lead the charges in things like blanket downvoting content on KRR (I can see it in the logs with her series of subsequent downvotes -- she just went to the News page and clicked Boo on every single article).

She also had this strange fixation on KRR somehow not being accepting of people and denying submissions? I don't now if this was malice or ignorance. For the most part, we just didn't receive submissions. They only time I didn't accept stuff is when someone submitted the same thing multiple times to the Gallery. (There used to be cases of people deleting a picture and re-submitted it to get it back in the New queue, which was frowned upon and I know earned me some enemies.)


Well, despite Kindarspirit telling me how much she appreciated how much I had done for KRR and how she liked having someone around who actually wanted to help and how she secretly felt so bad about all her so-called-friends ("Does that make me a bad person?" she would ask. "No, they're juicebags. You should hate them," I would never reply.), Kindar just loves caving to pressure, especially if it is for a so-called friend.

Keep in mind, the only thing these people offered KRR was deleting all of my features and replacing them with a very similar feature. I don't know how that was supposed to work, exactly. I mean, why delete a universal account and replace it with another? And who was supposed to program it? Certainly none of them! And definitely not me for a second time! I already did that!
This is just a glimpse into how blind and stupid their rage was.

As I often pointed out, these people just wanted to undo things which were incredibly useful to the site. I don't know how long you have been around, but we had Fan Contests and Polls and Comments, and all of them were controlled from the same account -- no emails required, which was especially hard to find online. Kiddies could sign-up emailless, or just always use KRR anonymously without signing up. That apparently didn't fit with KRR's philosophy.

What did fit with KRR's philosophy according to these people? Well, being Family Friendly! Swearing is bad, Amika said. This is one of the things I liked about her when she initially came back. And then she attacked me for complimenting how I liked her can-do attitude and family-friendliness.

The problem is, KRR was already Family Friendly. In fact, the only parts that were not were the Forums and Chats. She cleaned them up, but it became immediately apparent that the Old Guard hated the swear-free zone. I often pointed out that they used images and the like to avoid any filter we could have.

She then went back: Family Friendly... when it will bother someone only. How do you determine when someone will be bothered by it? Well, in my experience, when the Old Guard doesn't do it. It was pretty much a reason to ban or berate anyone you didn't like. And I do mean anyone. F-bombs were okay when coming from friends, but I have seen things lambasted as being "negative" because of comments on the state KRR descended into when it stopped being updated to puns.

Puns.

Puns.

Not double-entendres, mind you. Regular puns. They viewed this as a terrible attitude problem that had no place on KRR. What is really came down to was what they felt about the poster. Club House at its finest. This is what helped stifle the forum's growth even before registration was disabled.
It is amazing how many recruitment runs they did without realizing that their attitudes were the problem. The "main site" kept growing in popularity and they were only frequented by the usual suspects because KRR was willing to acknowledge and praise regular members, not a select few people whose only talent was being online twenty hours a day.

Seriously, the Club House's name for themselves was Always, the Skype group that was always active.


So anyway, Amika got the ability to modify the site from Kindar, and she immediately gave the same access to all her friends in the Club House. She then made a big to-do on the main page about how things were going to change, about how the bad days were over, and that they had already done a lot of work on the site.

Problem is, no one saw anything wrong with the site. I could be more active and have more game info, sure, but the people had been weened from empty promises. I mean, we held a fan contest for fans to make their own Meta-Knight soldier: anyone who wanted could get their own fan-created Meta-Knight added to a freakin' Fan Game. And it happened. Because I don't make empty promises.

I also checked up on what "clean ups" they had made. The changes were two-fold:
1) Amika added herself to the top of the staff. This despite having done nothing. It wasn't enough to be listed; she had to be at the top (y'know, where Kindar should be).
2) Every mention of either Gobbo or my email address was replaced with her own. This is the straw which broke Gobbo's back because he had always been the (front page) caretaker here.

That's it. That's all they did. All hail Queen Amika and act like you accomplished something.
Oh yeah, Amika didn't last a week. She never did anything again and I don't even think she visited the site again after leaving a bunch of incendiary comments about how awful Gobbo and the Ometon were.


Now comes the part which everyone gets angry at me for. Because they like revisionist history, they view this as a great attack on KRR itself. However, this sort of re-imagining ignores two things:

1) This is something they wanted done ever since I did it. They even had a Google Docs outlining a hit-list of everything they wanted removed from KRR.
2) They thanked me for it.

See, I had done a lot at KRR. Most of my work, however, was on the backend. That's my speci-ality. As soon as I implemented it, they hated it. "It doesn't fit with KRR," they said. They wanted another one that did the exact same thing. I guess "Hat and Mustache Ometon Looking Thing That Totally Isn't Ometon" could have made the exact same thing and they wouldn't have had a problem.

However, as soon as Amika had FTP access, I had to do something. I had to exact revenge for the site I had sank far too many hours into over the last three years. I had to do the worst thing imaginable:

Exactly what they wanted.


Well, not exactly. My rule was that I would remove no content. The content was staying the same. They wanted to delete anything that wasn't updated in the last year, failing to grasp the concept that some things are useful even a year or two later.

However, every feature that they demanded axed: I axed it.

Now, I didn't have to do this. I knew they wouldn't keep it up, however (because, y'know, history), and since I couldn't post things anymore without them getting deleted (I had to write-protect a good portion of KRR to keep Gobbo's and my content in place), so I sent a signal to everyone in a much more obtuse way: all of Ometon's features were removed because Ometon has been removed.

It was beautifully timed, too, because the members of the Old Guard had a few hours to see what I had told them about the easy content management systems I had implemented at KRR. Some of them remember how it was back-in-the-day with a bunch of external services, and now it was all interconnected and automated.

And then it was gone. Because they demanded I do it.

At first, they thanked me. Then members complained: things were so horrible now. CuteNews doesn't have nested comments! Then, some of the staff complained. The more ambition ones, well, one, really. Minon actually understood something about coding, so the little he saw disappear and he tried haphazardly to recreate made him realize that they really shouldn't have demanded that I delete all that stuff.

Wait, this is just the sort of thing that is supposed to be my fault! Hooray, victim complex! I shouldn't have done that!
And then I pointed to the bajillion times they called for me to axe those features, dating back to the before I even implemented them. Whoops, they were stuck. So they had to thank me. Again. For crippling KRR.


Of course, KRR wasn't crippled. It was just returned to its pre-Ometon era. An era when nothing happened not just because of laziness, but because everything on the site was so manual and dated. They could have kept it going, however.

But they didn't. KRR was dead within the year. The only updates were days-old posting of vaguely Kirby-esque news, which as I mused in the final Mailbag: if it isn't new, is it really news?


Nowadays, the Old Guard will admit that they were partially to blame. The big marketing jargon they like to use nowadays is "communication issues."

Here is an example of said issue: I email them. I instant message them. I reach out to them on Skype. They don't respond. Kirazy reports that they did get the email but hate me so much that they won't reply. They tell everyone that I never made an effort.
Despite they being the ones who intentionally didn't try to communicate. Yeah, I guess that's a sort/i] of issue.

So there you have it. TL;DR: A Kindarspirit fangirl wanted to be Kindar in title only, and rallied an army oust anyone she perceived to be in her way. A bunch of people didn't like that their own personal chatroom was being made into [i]not their personal chatroom and fought tooth and nail to make sure no one else could make it anything else.


If you actually read that all, I'll give you a cookie."

I... I'm scared of what Mints and the rest of the KRR staff have been through....

This is why we need to start up a new site, and create a new community.

_________________
Remind me to put something here later...

If you’re ever feeling lonely, watch this video:
https://youtu.be/mie-3U3H3iY


Top
   
ide
PostPosted: May 9th, 2017, 11:11 pm 
Offline
Shooting Star A_mystery
Shooting Star
User avatar

Joined: February 1st, 2016, 8:10 pm
Posts: 1316
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 3
Location: It's crazy that I'm using this like an "About Me" section, right? Anyways, I lost interest in Kirby.
Ok, I'm going back and forth between here and the Another Dimension forum. I'm going to post more quotes here, specifically from PMs on this forum.

"Hi KEEBY64,
the board index says it's your birthday and I wanted to congratulate you :3
I noticed you are quite active and thereby doing the revival of KRR a favor, all the while being a nice person. Well then, I wish you good luck and health ...even if it wasn't your birthday, whatever.

That's all"

This PM was from Sexy Slime, who was last active in October. It wasn't really important, but I thought I'd share anyway.

This is my reply:

"Hi, I was busy yesterday as I had found out a forum I liked was closing and I was helping my mom make a Beanbon cake. (If you want I can link you a picture of the finished result.)

Thanks though. I appreciate it."

The "forum" I was talking about was presumably Meta Naito, however, I am not exactly sure.

I might still be able to link you guys to the Beanbon cake, if you wish.

My reply to Mints' extremely long PM:

"Yay, I get a cookie. But what kind?

That's... disturbing.

What an utterly insane thing.

By the way, I started occasionally looking a few times on my 3DS. This was about one year after the site shut down for registering, and I would only look at the main page.

Throughout last year and the year before, I would look through a bit of the forums. Eh, too bad this place is dead."

That reply was from early February. No wonder why I said it.

A discussion between me and Iko:

"Hi.

I've seen you love the Dark Matter games. I was wondering if we could talk about them.

To start off, which is your least favorite of the three games?"

"Hi, my least favorite of the trilogy is Kirby 64, and there is a specific reason for why it's my least favorite, and it's because of the gameplay.
I love everything of the game, the art style, the musics, the characters, everything, but the gameplay feels slow and limited, so, well I have never been a fan of that, and it's a pity because I think that the game would have been a lot better with a more fluid and dynamic gameplay.
But I still love the game anyway, it's simply too much memorable and unique.
On the other hand, I love Dreamland 2 and Dreamland 3, and I love Dreamland 3 to death! I hate when people say that Kirby's Dreamland 3 is slow, it is not, there are several ways to exploit the abilities and speedrun the levels, and Kirby's run speed is very fast in that game (probably not the fastest, but not even slow, that's for sure).

This is a small challenge I did in Kirby's Dreamland 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRDTlN1ZmbI

I'm also the co-founder of the DeviantArt group "Adeleine's Art Studio", that's full of fan arts of Adeleine, and I supported Adeleine for Smash Bros 4 on Smash Boards for more than a year, despite that site being full of people who hated me for not liking Bandana Dee or Kirby Superstar's gameplay (this is something I hate, apparently everyone is entitled to say that Kirby 3 sucks, but when someone dislikes the gameplay of Kirby Superstar he's treated as some eretic and blaspheme guy, since everyone must consider Kirby Superstar the best Kirby game or you are not a true Kirby fan); they even opened a social group for kirby fans and left me out."

"What, that's awful. Kirby Super Star was a bit too focused on the battling parts, to be honest. I generally prefer Adventure over it, but that's just my opinion.

I'm glad there are Dark Matter trilogy fans out there. Planet Robobot had a lot of things going for it, but at the same time, it was kind of disappointing. This is why I've created a concept for a fangame that's much like the Dark Matter trilogy."

Wow, I thought the Kirby fanbase was one of the nicest communities around. Turns out that's not the case...

Ok, that's it for now. Tomorrow, I'll try to post some of the more juicy PMs.

_________________
Remind me to put something here later...

If you’re ever feeling lonely, watch this video:
https://youtu.be/mie-3U3H3iY


Top
   
ide
PostPosted: May 10th, 2017, 4:38 pm 
Offline
Shooting Star A_mystery
Shooting Star
User avatar

Joined: February 1st, 2016, 8:10 pm
Posts: 1316
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 3
Location: It's crazy that I'm using this like an "About Me" section, right? Anyways, I lost interest in Kirby.
Alright, time of the more "juicy" PMs I was talking about yesterday.

This one is kind of embarrassing, but important none the less.

"Have you been alright?"

"It depends, what do you mean by that?"

"I mean everything! Are you still struggling? Do you feel out of control? Depressed?"

"Struggling? Yes. Out of control? Maybe. Depressed? Probably not. Although I do have trouble sleeping and anxiety, I stay up late due to playing on my DS all night, and the anxiety is because of my autism, so I'm most likely not depressed.

I have already PM'd KirbStomp about two problems. One is too long and complex to explain to more than one person at a time, though it is a big source for my problems. The other is easy to explain, so I'll just copy and paste what I said on KirbStomp's PM."

I'm not going to talk about the "easy to explain" issue. It had absolutely nothing to do with KRR, or anything else, really. I'm not going to go into much detail, let's just say it was about... err... "emergencies".

The rest of the PM was just about the issue, so eh. This was a discussion with Kapus, by the way.

Ok, that PM I mentioned on the PM? This was it, probably.

"Listen, I know you probably don't want to talk to me, and that's fine, but like... I just wanted to say something.

You don't need to feel hopeless about yourself. I've been seeing you posting around that you feel like you should die, and believe me, as someone who's thought those exact same things, I get it. I may not have the same exact illness as you, but believe me, it's something that has effected my day to day life for years, and I know how frustrating and infuriating it often feels.

I can't say I know what exact set of circumstances you're in right now, and I'm certainly not a psychologist or doctor of any kind, so I can't really give you any great advice, but I can at least tell you something I've learned from years of struggling with life-affecting mental illness. Things DO get better, and you have a lot more power over yourself and your illnesses than you might think in the beginning.

I can't really say much else without knowing more about you, but if you ever want to chat/vent about this kind of stuff, just hit me up."

This message is now very depressing, considering how 2017 is even worse than 2016, and KirbStomp won't even reply to me about this project.

"Ok, fine, I'll not be lazy and post something.

Now, I was already a crazy mean-spirited jerk.

However, something about me just hates the site linked below.

www.animalcrossingcommunity.com

This seems to be a real big source of my problems.

This was my first forum. I'm KEEBY64 on there. I highly recommend you create an account so you see why I hate it, and so we can talk there.

Now, I'll make a big rant on why I loathe it later. For now, I just want to say that I can't seem to get away from ACC. It's almost like an addiction. The most time I've been without it is two weeks. That's it. I want to leave. The staff won't let me delete my account because apparently it's their policy. I'm considering posting swears and whatnot just so I get permanently banned from there.

Should I do it?"

Months later, I finally did it. Dang, that felt good.

"They really won't let you delete your account? And they won't delete it for you? That's... pretty freaking weird, actually.
But yeah, I've actually seen other people complain about that site before. I guess the community/administrators are a pretty toxic bunch.

I suppose just going out of your way to get yourself banned wouldn't be a terrible idea, but if you have any friends there that you want to stay in contact with, I might hold off on it for now, at least until you can find another way to keep in touch. It's also worth asking if just not being able to post there will be enough to keep yourself from returning to the site. Would not being able to post, but still being able to read topics be better or worse for you?

Also, why is it that you can't stop coming back to that website that you don't like? Can you pinpoint what about the place is so addicting to you? I feel like understanding that addiction more might help you find ways to deal with it better."

"Honestly, I don't think it would help. I'd probably be naughty and create another account. Of course, I'd get banned for that, too, but...

Plus I'd feel guilty if I did that. Sure, I could just PT(they call PMs that on ACC) an admin all sorts of crazy stuff to remove most of the guilt, but it would most likely only get me temporary banned due to not being posted publicly.

As for friends, I have a VERY bad reputation on ACC, so my only friend is a guy named Rodney. His username is nintendofan85. Once again, I recommend you create an account sometime so you can post and see why I loathe the site.

Rodney is on Bell Tree, another Animal Crossing forum(same username), so no problems there.

That's the problem. I can't seem to realize why I go on there everyday. I think it may be because it's a PERFECT place to troll and annoy people. There's no option to block users, and the staff are idiotic. The mods and admins seem to remove the content that's ok, and don't remove the content which is bad, which is stupid and funny at the same time.

Irritating people seems to be the best way to relieve my stress most of the time, the only exception being when I'm trying to relieve stress from having to "go", in which case I just use the bathroom. I'm guessing the pleasure is from seeing people be tortured like you were earlier. I can't seem to find a replacement for this. Even going outside and swinging gets old(I still love doing that though <3).

I can probably send you all of the notifs I have gotten. The staff doesn't allow this on ACC for obvious reasons, but it's not like I posted personal info or anything, so I can just send it to you via PM without the staff finding out."

I'm not posting the rest of the PM, because it's about my, err, "emergencies".

All that KirbStomp really suggested was a therapy of some sort, but honestly, that's been out of the question for a while, now...

Also, I miss when Rodney was still my friend. It turns out I accidentally upset him, too.

And now, time for something completely different.

"Greetings friends.

A long many months ago, the Halberd was shot down, and many of the crew fled here.

I'm here now to say that we've rebuilt it, and will be launching it on the hour of the New Year (EST).

Here is the link: http://metanaito.net/forums/index.php (thanks KEEBY :P)"

"You monster. Just because you're an admin, you think you can let your own religious references slide. It's your fault I'm banned. Unban me. IT'S NOT MY FAULT I DON'T PRAY."

"It was a figure of speech, you dunderhead.

Also, you weren't banned because of the god comment. You were banned because of your reaction to me deleting it."

"If you can call me a dunderhead, then I can say I dislike you.

See, you're breaking your own rules again."

"So you're saying you don't want to come back to Meta Naito then? I suppose that's fine."

"No, I want to come back. It's just that you're horrible at moderating the forum.

Goldmaster was a better mod than you."

Now that I think about it, I'm not sure if goldmaster being a good moderator was actually true...

"KEEBY, I'm gonna give this to you straight. The problem is you.

Clean up your act."

"I will if you unban me. :shakefist: "

I'm going to post the emotes too, just for this one PM, because it's actually kind of important.

"Your ban lifts in 6 days."

"No, lift it now, I'm tired of life being a-"

"If you can wait out these 6 days, it'll show me that you are actually serious about being on our forums."

"I am. Why are people so crazy? :mad: "

"Prove it then. Come back when your 6 days are up."

"Stop repeating yourself. Unban me, you banned me for unfair reasons, and now the forum is inactive again without me. :roll: "

"Nope, sorry."

"You're corrupt and evil, you know that, right? Waiting will only make this worse."

"Threatening me now, are you? Two can play at this game.

Sass at me again, and I'll add another week to the ban."

WAIT. wait wait wait wait wait

I thought I was just thinking things, but now I know Fubaka is out of hand, or at least was 4 months ago. Aren't administrators supposed to STOP the threats, not continue them?

"What do you mean by that? Sass is for morons. :lol: "

"Well you certainly don't act like you believe that."

"... but I am a moron. :shock: "

"Actually that's also a lie. I know you're more clever than you put on."

I wish.

"Shut up. I can call myself stupid if I want to. :mad: Just unban me and get this done with."

"You don't seem to understand the situation here.

I lose nothing with you gone from the forums. You are the one in the position of weakness here.

Final warning, accept 6 days, or see another week on top of it."

"Why should I receive another ban from something I did outside of the forums?"

"Because actions have consequences.

Do I make myself clear?"

"Your ignorance has "consequences" slapped all over it. :lol: "

"That's another week.

Enjoy."

"Give me another week, if you know what I mean. :wessdance: "

Don't you just love it how KRR has a se.xually aro.using emote, and nobody gives a single dang?

Yes, I'm using censors. Just in case. Don't ask, I had to mention it.

I wasn't even in love with Fubaka. I have no idea why I did that. I still laugh at it, though.

"Granted, now it's 3 weeks."

"Welcome to 20 days in heck."

"How about we make it a month then.

I see no further use for this conversation now. I won't hold my breath to see you return in February."

"Just permaban me already and end my suffering. (:\/) "

"Haha, you IP banned me.

Well, that was fun."

Then, suddenly out of nowhere... THIS.

"Not sure if you'll receive this, but I'm now gonna make you an offer.

You are still banned from Meta Naito forums. However, you are not banned from the Discord chat.

Come on if you like, and if you can be well-behaved for a few days there, I will lift your ban early.

Also, come on under a different name. See if you can fool me (or the Kirbinator) into thinking you aren't actually KEEBY.

Here's the link. I'll be waiting. https://discord.gg/4y9BPyj"

"What the frickin' heck.

You give me an offer I can't accept because... 1. I'm not allowed on discord. and... 2. It doesn't load on the Wii U internet browser.

You're disgusting. :shakefist: "

"Couldn't get the dang thing to work. Could you please just unban me?"

"I finally got the courage to do it on the computer. Ready or not, here I come."

"Why? I was being nice."

"No, I've had it with you.

Don't bother coming back in February unless you can actually behave yourself."

"ALSO I SPECIFICALLY SAID I COULD NOT PUT THE RES THAT HIGH QUALITY ON THE DRAWING"

After this, I just spammed messages at Fubaka for a bit or whatever. Also, if I did get unbanned in February, well, I got IP banned after that... again.

Yes, I went too far, but my point still stands about some things.

That appears to be all of my PMs that have some sort of evidence of something that could help us out.

I'm probably not bothering with the other email until further notice. It appears to be way too long for now...

Next time, I'll, uh... well, I'll know when I'm ready to show all you guys.

_________________
Remind me to put something here later...

If you’re ever feeling lonely, watch this video:
https://youtu.be/mie-3U3H3iY


Top
   
ide
PostPosted: May 10th, 2017, 11:59 pm 
Offline
Water Drop A_mystery
Water Drop
User avatar

Joined: May 1st, 2016, 3:50 am
Posts: 67
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Planet Robobot
If I may interject, these posts don't seem to have much to do with reviving the Kirby community. Seems like all you are doing is posting PM logs you had with various people.

I might suggest you change the thread title to something more appropriate, like 'KEEBY64's PM conversations'.

Also, I hope you aren't stepping on anyone's toes by posting their pm responses to you. I don't really care about mine, but one of these other folks might for theirs.

_________________
We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams.


Top
   
ide
PostPosted: May 13th, 2017, 10:42 pm 
Offline
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter
User avatar

Joined: October 9th, 2003, 2:15 pm
Posts: 278
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Planet Robobot
Location: The Federation of Windurst
Fubaka wrote:
If I may interject, these posts don't seem to have much to do with reviving the Kirby community. Seems like all you are doing is posting PM logs you had with various people.

I might suggest you change the thread title to something more appropriate, like 'KEEBY64's PM conversations'.

Also, I hope you aren't stepping on anyone's toes by posting their pm responses to you. I don't really care about mine, but one of these other folks might for theirs.


I believe he does have a point there. What you're doing and saying doesn't have to do with anything to contribute to the related thread. Reviving the forums and community isn't gonna do much around here.

_________________
Discord ID: KirbyFluttershy#1004
FFXI Character/Server: Chiririn @ Asura
Image


Top
   
ide
PostPosted: May 14th, 2017, 4:08 am 
Offline
Shooting Star A_mystery
Shooting Star
User avatar

Joined: February 1st, 2016, 8:10 pm
Posts: 1316
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 3
Location: It's crazy that I'm using this like an "About Me" section, right? Anyways, I lost interest in Kirby.
KirbyFluttershy wrote:
Fubaka wrote:
If I may interject, these posts don't seem to have much to do with reviving the Kirby community. Seems like all you are doing is posting PM logs you had with various people.

I might suggest you change the thread title to something more appropriate, like 'KEEBY64's PM conversations'.

Also, I hope you aren't stepping on anyone's toes by posting their pm responses to you. I don't really care about mine, but one of these other folks might for theirs.


I believe he does have a point there. What you're doing and saying doesn't have to do with anything to contribute to the related thread. Reviving the forums and community isn't gonna do much around here.


The point is to start off fresh, not to continue beating up KRR like a dead horse.

Also, the info in the PMs is important.

_________________
Remind me to put something here later...

If you’re ever feeling lonely, watch this video:
https://youtu.be/mie-3U3H3iY


Top
   
ide
PostPosted: May 14th, 2017, 6:53 am 
Offline
Water Drop A_mystery
Water Drop
User avatar

Joined: May 1st, 2016, 3:50 am
Posts: 67
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Planet Robobot
Even so, I suspect that this is not the place to try and revive the community from.

KRR has so many skeletons, the closet is overflowing. You've got a lovely fresh start in Another Dimension. Savor it.

_________________
We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams.


Top
   
ide
PostPosted: May 14th, 2017, 9:31 am 
Offline
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter
User avatar

Joined: October 9th, 2003, 2:15 pm
Posts: 278
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Planet Robobot
Location: The Federation of Windurst
Fubaka wrote:
Even so, I suspect that this is not the place to try and revive the community from.

KRR has so many skeletons, the closet is overflowing. You've got a lovely fresh start in Another Dimension. Savor it.


He's right though. I did ask and tell you in the 1st place through PM to start your own kirby community forums other than here. What I'm seeing here is that it's not contributing to the related thread (even though I did see this happening once before and I had to put a stop to that), but attracting attention to the staff around here and they may think it's a spam and/or finding that what you're doing doesn't contribute to the related thread and they may start to take action on this (if they're available)

This community forums has been alive since 14 years ago or more and then all of a sudden, things have been slowing down lately so My guesses that it would be that since Kirby Anime have been off the air on TV show and such.

I don't know where everyone went since 14 years ago or so ever since I keep coming back to visit here. It's not much that I've seen so far.

_________________
Discord ID: KirbyFluttershy#1004
FFXI Character/Server: Chiririn @ Asura
Image


Top
   
ide
PostPosted: May 14th, 2017, 1:54 pm 
Offline
Water Drop A_mystery
Water Drop
User avatar

Joined: May 1st, 2016, 3:50 am
Posts: 67
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Planet Robobot
KirbyFluttershy wrote:
This community forums has been alive since 14 years ago or more and then all of a sudden, things have been slowing down lately so My guesses that it would be that since Kirby Anime have been off the air on TV show and such.

I don't know where everyone went since 14 years ago or so ever since I keep coming back to visit here. It's not much that I've seen so far.


As far as I can tell, everyone is now on r/Kirby, or scattered across YouTube comments sections. The fanbase for Kirby is bigger than it has been since the show ended, but places like these forums are no longer suitable for them.

I have a devil of a time getting people interested in the threads I post on Meta Naito, but enthusiasm for the series is still very strong elsewhere, as is evidenced by the endless tide of Kirby fan-art from twitter, reddit, tumblr, DeviantArt, and other sites.

_________________
We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams.


Top
   
ide
PostPosted: May 14th, 2017, 2:43 pm 
Offline
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter
User avatar

Joined: October 9th, 2003, 2:15 pm
Posts: 278
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Planet Robobot
Location: The Federation of Windurst
Fubaka wrote:
KirbyFluttershy wrote:
This community forums has been alive since 14 years ago or more and then all of a sudden, things have been slowing down lately so My guesses that it would be that since Kirby Anime have been off the air on TV show and such.

I don't know where everyone went since 14 years ago or so ever since I keep coming back to visit here. It's not much that I've seen so far.


As far as I can tell, everyone is now on r/Kirby, or scattered across YouTube comments sections. The fanbase for Kirby is bigger than it has been since the show ended, but places like these forums are no longer suitable for them.

I have a devil of a time getting people interested in the threads I post on Meta Naito, but enthusiasm for the series is still very strong elsewhere, as is evidenced by the endless tide of Kirby fan-art from twitter, reddit, tumblr, DeviantArt, and other sites.


Well I do agree on that, but let's not forget skype, discord, facebook, and steam groups as well. It's mostly that the fanbase for kirby is on dA and i've been watching 3 kirby related dA groups. If running your own kirby community forums, there won't be that much of a talk, but to show kirby fan arts and others and then people will not come back if we try to help revive the kirby community forums while it's dead and I get the feeling about that as well.

I am most active on skype, discord, dA, steam, and facebook. It's most likely that we have a kirby related group on facebook although it wasn't that much active when I joined.

As of kirby related games, well Adventure games like kirby's adventure / kirby nightmare in dreamland may be that small, but we don't talk much of it unless we ask for help if we get stuck at certain parts of the game.

_________________
Discord ID: KirbyFluttershy#1004
FFXI Character/Server: Chiririn @ Asura
Image


Top
   
ide
PostPosted: May 28th, 2017, 4:57 pm 
Offline
Watch out, I bite! Male
Watch out, I bite!
User avatar

Joined: October 7th, 2003, 2:51 pm
Posts: 3313
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star Ultra
Location: NY
I don't think KRR should be revived. Years ago I would have been all for it, was even part of revival attempts. But the place has too much baggage attached to it at this point, it's just damaged goods. The message posted in this thread earlier from mint about the staff is true, but that's only the tip of the iceberg. I can't even take pride in the fact that I was a staff here once. The environment was just so toxic and literally ruined parts of my life. It would be better to create new communities somewhere that are totally independent of KRR's influence.

Years ago there used to be several Kirby communities, but they all got cannibalized by KRR. Now that's it pretty much dead, maybe they can try to thrive. Let KRR go.

Also you probably shouldn't be sharing PM's and notes from others on a public forum without those person's permissions. It just leads to problems and drama.


Top
   
ide
PostPosted: May 29th, 2017, 1:25 am 
Offline
Knuckle Joe Male
Knuckle Joe

Joined: November 30th, 2007, 7:54 pm
Posts: 115
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
Location: In Homeworld
GrnFzzTgr wrote:
I don't think KRR should be revived. Years ago I would have been all for it, was even part of revival attempts. But the place has too much baggage attached to it at this point, it's just damaged goods. The message posted in this thread earlier from mint about the staff is true, but that's only the tip of the iceberg. I can't even take pride in the fact that I was a staff here once. The environment was just so toxic and literally ruined parts of my life. It would be better to create new communities somewhere that are totally independent of KRR's influence.

Years ago there used to be several Kirby communities, but they all got cannibalized by KRR. Now that's it pretty much dead, maybe they can try to thrive. Let KRR go.

Also you probably shouldn't be sharing PM's and notes from others on a public forum without those person's permissions. It just leads to problems and drama.


I've been away for years from this place and never seen any toxic activity that came here. However, I do agree, KRR's time had now come and gone and it's for the best that it finally rested for good. The Kirby fandom has definitely exploded with popularity over the past years so much so that we have better and more updated communities to visit than just this forum. I loved going to this place so if it does close, I at least there is someone here who can archive this forum as a memento. Never had a Kirby fansite exist for so long.

_________________
Here is my home. My dA

☆SkullArrol☆


Top
   
ide
PostPosted: May 29th, 2017, 1:45 pm 
Offline
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter
User avatar

Joined: October 9th, 2003, 2:15 pm
Posts: 278
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Planet Robobot
Location: The Federation of Windurst
Well I do agree with you guys. I've been away for 13-14 years and this forums hasn't changed since my last visit. Looking at what grnfzztgr said about the PMs and notes from others on public forums without people's permissions, Yeah it can cause problems and drama, a chance of closing down this topic, and attracting the staff's attention. If the staff saw this happening, they will take action on this.

As I said before What I'm reading through the PMs and others, It's not helping around here and doesn't contribute to the related topic, but make things worst for people who you PM'd with.

_________________
Discord ID: KirbyFluttershy#1004
FFXI Character/Server: Chiririn @ Asura
Image


Top
   
ide
PostPosted: May 30th, 2017, 10:17 pm 
Offline
Shooting Star A_mystery
Shooting Star
User avatar

Joined: February 1st, 2016, 8:10 pm
Posts: 1316
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 3
Location: It's crazy that I'm using this like an "About Me" section, right? Anyways, I lost interest in Kirby.
KirbyFluttershy wrote:
Well I do agree with you guys. I've been away for 13-14 years and this forums hasn't changed since my last visit. Looking at what grnfzztgr said about the PMs and notes from others on public forums without people's permissions, Yeah it can cause problems and drama, a chance of closing down this topic, and attracting the staff's attention. If the staff saw this happening, they will take action on this.

As I said before What I'm reading through the PMs and others, It's not helping around here and doesn't contribute to the related topic, but make things worst for people who you PM'd with.


... except that the staff don't give a single damn. We have nothing to worry about. Besides, most people who sent me the PMs left a long, long time ago anyway.

_________________
Remind me to put something here later...

If you’re ever feeling lonely, watch this video:
https://youtu.be/mie-3U3H3iY


Top
   
ide
PostPosted: June 7th, 2017, 11:05 am 
Offline
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter
User avatar

Joined: October 9th, 2003, 2:15 pm
Posts: 278
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Planet Robobot
Location: The Federation of Windurst
Yeah, but what you are doing doesn't contribute to the related topic. What i told you through PM is to start your own forums like this or made a discord server or skype group chat related to kirby community like this so there wouldn't be a problem for other people around here

_________________
Discord ID: KirbyFluttershy#1004
FFXI Character/Server: Chiririn @ Asura
Image


Top
   
ide
PostPosted: June 8th, 2017, 3:16 pm 
Offline
Shooting Star A_mystery
Shooting Star
User avatar

Joined: February 1st, 2016, 8:10 pm
Posts: 1316
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 3
Location: It's crazy that I'm using this like an "About Me" section, right? Anyways, I lost interest in Kirby.
No. You only said to make a discord chat. You said nothing else.

Also, this is contributing to the topic.

_________________
Remind me to put something here later...

If you’re ever feeling lonely, watch this video:
https://youtu.be/mie-3U3H3iY


Top
   
ide
PostPosted: June 14th, 2017, 7:33 pm 
Offline
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter
User avatar

Joined: October 9th, 2003, 2:15 pm
Posts: 278
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Planet Robobot
Location: The Federation of Windurst
KEEBY64 wrote:
No. You only said to make a discord chat. You said nothing else.

Also, this is contributing to the topic.


That's true, but I also did ask and say that
Quote:
Why not or couldn't you just run your own kirby community forums? wouldn't that work for you?
(which you haven't read my recent PM)

I disagree with you there. Looking at other people's opinions about PMs and notes, it can lead you into trouble and ruining their reputation. As We said and told you before that any of that stuff doesn't contribute to the related topic.

_________________
Discord ID: KirbyFluttershy#1004
FFXI Character/Server: Chiririn @ Asura
Image


Top
   
ide
PostPosted: June 14th, 2017, 8:08 pm 
Offline
Shooting Star A_mystery
Shooting Star
User avatar

Joined: February 1st, 2016, 8:10 pm
Posts: 1316
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 3
Location: It's crazy that I'm using this like an "About Me" section, right? Anyways, I lost interest in Kirby.
Well, guess what. Mints came back just to bring the forums back. He didn't even try to approve the new users.

You guys are creating drama by trying to prevent it. This makes no sense.

I'm done here. No wonder I left ACC.

_________________
Remind me to put something here later...

If you’re ever feeling lonely, watch this video:
https://youtu.be/mie-3U3H3iY


Top
   
ide
PostPosted: June 15th, 2017, 12:07 pm 
Offline
Swift Hunter Male
Swift Hunter
User avatar

Joined: October 9th, 2003, 2:15 pm
Posts: 278
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby: Planet Robobot
Location: The Federation of Windurst
KEEBY64 wrote:
Well, guess what. Mints came back just to bring the forums back. He didn't even try to approve the new users.

You guys are creating drama by trying to prevent it. This makes no sense.

I'm done here. No wonder I left ACC.


Then i'll ask you this: is all that stuff you posted necessary to revive this forums and how it contributes to the related topic?

Perhaps i would like to ask the staff (or ppl) around here on what they have to say about this matter and listen what they have to say on this, and we'll see what's gonna happen and what actions that the staff are willing to take.

As i said if the new members start coming here, there's a chance that they'll never come back. You should've seen this coming.

_________________
Discord ID: KirbyFluttershy#1004
FFXI Character/Server: Chiririn @ Asura
Image


Top
   
ide
PostPosted: June 15th, 2017, 3:19 pm 
Offline
Shooting Star A_mystery
Shooting Star
User avatar

Joined: February 1st, 2016, 8:10 pm
Posts: 1316
Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 3
Location: It's crazy that I'm using this like an "About Me" section, right? Anyways, I lost interest in Kirby.
Well, I don't get why you guys are so stubborn and won't join the new forum, which is moderated and is approving new users. This place is outdated and has no hope. You should really try out the new forum(link on my first post).

Also, there is barely any staff here, so you won't get a reply, haha.

_________________
Remind me to put something here later...

If you’re ever feeling lonely, watch this video:
https://youtu.be/mie-3U3H3iY


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 Next

All times are UTC-04:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
[ GZIP: Off | Load: 4.34 ]