Welcome back, Kirby fans. We missed us.
It is currently December 7th, 2019, 5:14 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

ide
PostPosted: September 12th, 2017, 6:48 am 
Shooting Star A_mystery
Shooting Star

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Dream Land 3
Location: It's crazy that I'm using this like an "About Me" section, right? Anyways, I lost interest in Kirby.
I am going to be wasting my time typing this all out, but it's important, and I need to settle everything once and for all.

I have come to the conclusion that the Kirby fanbase is not going to get any better, and is one of the worst, if not THE WORST, Nintendo fanbase out there.

That's very sad, because Kirby(along with main series Mario) is one of the few Nintendo franchises that is still GOOD.

I actually tried joining the Kirby Informer discord, but to my disgust, the admin was TORKIRBY, and everyone answered my serious questions with "memes".

I hate "borb". Insulting.

They banned me on the spot, of course, because people are oblivious to the truth about the fandom/base. Whatever. I'll get to that later.

Now, I have a matter to discuss about Another Dimension.

I am no longer a part of it. However, that was not my decision.

Now, Meggolor blocked me on discord, and banned me on the forum.

BUT, it was not the usual "I will not tolerate this behavior. You are banned for two weeks".

Meggolor BACKSTABBED me.

Meggolor stopped replying to me on discord for a few days. I also asked her why the private staff board was removed. When she came back, she replied with this.

"I will look into your situation. It may have been an error from when I was updating something. Also, my family members and I will be going camping for Labor Day weekend and we will not have access to Internet services. In order to reduce the risk of something happening on the forums while I am gone, I will put the forums into maintenance mode, which will prevent users from accessing the forums until I get home on Tuesday, September 5. See you then!"

She then blocked me. I was confused by this, and was also suspicious about the locked forum thing, since barely anyone knows about the forum, but I didn't want to upset her about her privacy concerns, and understood and respected that.

A day or two later, I checked the forum, and it had the message "You have been banned from this forum." on a blank white page.

I check a few days later. Nothing has changed.

I thought Meggolor just needed a small break.

It has now been over nine days since that message was sent. I am still blocked and banned.

Meggolor practically used me as a tool to provide ideas, and then threw me in the trash like I was nothing.

I can no longer trust anybody who is in the Kirby fanbase.

Now, let's discuss Meta Naito.

As we know, MNKS is shutting down around December 31st. It is only so long before it is gone forever.

This is not as important as the Another Dimension situation, but I thought I'd share it anyway.

Fubaka posted this announcement on September 4th.

"I have removed the ability to make any new posts or threads in these forums.

If you are reading this, I suggest you find and save backups of any posts or other material that you want archived, because I'm not sure how much longer these forums will be around.

Our Discord server is now the official WiKirby discord. If you want to keep on with us, follow this link: https://discord.gg/4y9BPyj

Sweet dreams. :sleep: "

It's a good thing to note that I'm banned from WiKirby discord, due to it previously being a discord for the MNKS forum.

Fubaka also banned me from the MN forum. (Please note nobody else is banned from the forum, other than me.) Meggolor might have told Fubaka to ban me, and he did. It could also just be because I was the only one still checking the forum other than him and maybe one other person, and he wanted to make sure nobody posts on the forum. For all I know, he could have made that announcement specifically to keep me away.

I can still check the forum as a guest, which I find kind of odd.

It appears that Meta Naito and Waddle Dee abandoned their own site ages ago, leaving Fubaka to check up on it every once in a while. Personal issues? Hatred of their own past? Other things?

Whatever happened, it's pretty much over. MNKS could shut down anyday, now.

I do not need to talk about The Kirby Club. All of it's problems are pretty much long gone and forgotten.

As for KRR itself? Bimblesnaff does not really seem care about the community. He doesn't moderate the forum due to his issues with it in the past. But what about the rest of the site? Back in 2016, we were eager to provide info to update the Kirby game section of the site, but 'Snaff never added it.

I can only assume this is laziness, considering the way he jokes about things.

Mints also seems to not care about the state of this site.

He came back just to get the forum back up a few months ago, and did NOTHING else(like approve new members, or ban the spam bot), and just left as soon as he came back.

Joshi was here until the "end"(February 12th, 2016, I think), but didn't come back when the site entered a fake revival.

The rest of the staff? A big mess. Need I say more?

In fact, if I remember correctly, Meggolor told me that GrnFzzTgr(or something like that, I forgot his name) told him that the big argument staff board thing on the site is FAKE and just for show, and that the REAL board is something only the staff can see. Meggolor also told me about suicidal Kirby roleplayers on tumblr, among other things, but that's besides the point.

Now that I have gathered all this info together, I must say something important about the state of the fanbase.

They are apparently oblivious to their own awfulness.

No joke. I have never seen a fanbase this stupid, other than the Splatoon community.

Now, I know you're all going to bring up an argument. "The Fire Emblem/Zelda/Metroid/whatever community is much worse than us!".

There's a huge difference between most of the Nintendo franchise fanbases, and the Kirby one(and the even worse Splatoon one, but we'd be here all day if I were to talk about THAT).

You know how Fire Emblem has elitists and whatnot? Well, they're actually AWARE of that. Hell, even the ANIMAL CROSSING fanbase, of all fandoms, knows it has problems.

The Kirby fanbase has been unaware that, for nearly AN ENTIRE DECADE, their fanbase has been a mess.

It has only gotten worse over the past 3 years or so.

Before I got banned from there, I actually saw someone on the Kirby Informer discord say something along the lines of "Drama? In a Kirby chat? smh".

To be unaware of their huge problems, and for them to take ages, or even forever, to notice them even a bit?

That's...

That's just sad...

I no longer see hope for this community. It's not like I want them to be like this, but there doesn't seem to be any long term solution to this big problem...

The rest of you who are still on KRR? Do what you want. I highly recommend you stay here, as it is mostly quiet and lacking of activity, allowing us to be away from the crazy people on other sites. However, I will not force you to stay here. I had to learn that the hard way... then again, is there anytime I DID learn anything the easy way?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is where the discussion about Kirby mostly ends. This is where I vent about my personal problems and other crud.

Now, over the past few days, I have been having realistic, and very scary, dreams. I would go into detail, but I know how you all had to deal with that spam bot that has been posting inappropriate things, so I'll let you off the hook.

My first day of therapy is tomorrow. After ages of denying I need help, I'm finally getting it. If this doesn't work and solve my problems, then I don't know what to do anymore...

Before you ask, yes, I DO hate my own generation of idiots with smartphones. I am lucky to be one of the few people who is my age and knows how corrupted the past five years of this decade is.

Now, time to talk about something else.

Miiverse, Nintendo's attempt at a social media network, is ending on November 8th. I will be very sad, as it actually allowed me to socialize with people, roleplay, practice drawing, and overall have fun.

(Also, speaking of social media, YouTube is apparently considered a "social media" now, which I am disgusted by.)

I could say more things, but I'm getting exhausted, and I have school in an hour. I have two big tests today. I'm questioning if I'll even survive that without collapsing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CONCLUSION

I seem to have lost hope for this world long ago. If I could go back in time 12 or 13 years, but still be the age I am now, that would be amazing.

.... but alast, time travel is only a thing I can daydream about...

Like I said before, the Kirby fanbase can't be revived properly. It has gone beyond "drama". At this point it's intimidating to even look at.

I hope you all have a great day. Let's all hope for the best...

... I seriously need some help.

(I also spent and hour and a half typing this all out, but I suppose it was worth it. :beanblush: )

If you’re ever feeling lonely, watch this video:
https://youtu.be/mie-3U3H3iY

ide
PostPosted: September 16th, 2017, 10:19 pm 
Water Drop Male
Water Drop

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby's Adventure
So, I tend to avoid threads like this, but I think I need to put in an outsider's two cents, because I've seen enough of your posts to know that you take the internet really seriously, and I learned from first-hand experience that this is unhealthy behavior.

I ignored the bulk of your post because it's mostly drama @$#^. When I got to this part, I started paying more attention:

KEEBY64 wrote:
Now, over the past few days, I have been having realistic, and very scary, dreams. I would go into detail, but [..] I'll let you off the hook.

[..]

My first day of therapy is tomorrow. After ages of denying I need help, I'm finally getting it. If this doesn't work and solve my problems, then I don't know what to do anymore...

It's curious to me that you give a rat's ass about KRR's well-being when you're going through your own problems right now. Again, I am only an outsider and I don't want to presume too deeply about your circumstances. But I think you're overly attached to this site because this is where your passions are. I had similar feelings elsewhere from my teens till a little after becoming an adult. It's hard to have an outside life when it seems like everyone else is on a different page. But let me tell you what you shouldn't do, because it turns out the internet actually makes for a terrible social life.

First off, don't think that you got caught in the worst part of the internet out of happenstance. I'm 25, so I think I know what I'm talking about when I say that there are way worse fandoms out there. Just go back a decade or so and look at websites like Sonic CulT, the darker parts of Deviantart or the MLP fandom -- you'll find anything from elitism to cringe, drama, memes, petty arguments, general pessimism, fetishism, and pedophilia. You have the privilege of being sucked into the Kirby community instead of one of the Sonic splinter communities, or MLP or FNAF. The fact of the matter is that the internet can always get worse.

Don't get too attached to an internet community unless you plan on connecting in person with people you know on there. (Since you're only 14, I wouldn't even recommend that, due to safety reasons.) Talking to people online is not a substitute for an actual social life. Again, speaking from experience.

If you feel like no one gets you and you have different passions from everyone else, maybe you just gotta branch out. This means finding other activities that you might be able to get into, or getting into other people's passions while sharing your own.

Therapy is always a great idea, especially if you feel like you have no one else to talk to about your problems. I hope it works for you. Whatever you decide to do, just try to take care of yourself. Rainbow Resort can rot and fester, but your mental health can't.

ide
PostPosted: September 17th, 2017, 6:37 am 
Shooting Star A_mystery
Shooting Star

Location: It's crazy that I'm using this like an "About Me" section, right? Anyways, I lost interest in Kirby.
Blue Warrior wrote:
Rainbow Resort can rot and fester, but your mental health can't.

Here's the thing. It already did.

Blue Warrior wrote:
I ignored the bulk of your post because it's mostly drama @$#^.

That's the point. It's supposed to point out how the Kirby fandom is a bunch of crappy drama.

Blue Warrior wrote:
But I think you're overly attached to this site because this is where your passions are.

Haha, my Animal Crossing Community addiction only ended when I got banned. (Don't ask.)

Blue Warrior wrote:
it turns out the internet actually makes for a terrible social life.

I've been told that countless times over the years. Will words stop my addiction to the internet? NO.

Blue Warrior wrote:
First off, don't think that you got caught in the worst part of the internet out of happenstance.

I know that. I'm not a moron. Just because it isn't the worst community doesn't mean it's all rainbows and flowers.

Blue Warrior wrote:
you'll find anything from elitism to cringe, drama, memes, petty arguments, general pessimism, fetishism, and pedophilia

The Kirby community is the first six of those things, of course not as bad as other communities out there, but it still has problems.

(Elitism = Super Star fanboys
Cringe = Borb and "Kirby wears shoes"
Drama = The many new sites created to revive the Kirby fandom, and the staff behind those sites, as well as KRR itself(other examples include Kirby Informer, Meta Naito, The Kirby Club, etc)
Memes = Borb and Brawl in the Family
Petty Arguments = Same Thing as Drama
General Pessimism = Me? I don't know what to put here, it's on the tip of my tongue.)

Blue Warrior wrote:
You have the privilege of being sucked into the Kirby community instead of one of the Sonic splinter communities, or MLP or FNAF.

I think being in the Fire Emblem community is better than here. Heh...

Blue Warrior wrote:
Don't get too attached to an internet community unless you plan on connecting in person with people you know on there. (Since you're only 14, I wouldn't even recommend that, due to safety reasons.) Talking to people online is not a substitute for an actual social life. Again, speaking from experience.

Too late for advice like that since, I don't know, two or three years ago?

Blue Warrior wrote:
If you feel like no one gets you and you have different passions from everyone else, maybe you just gotta branch out. This means finding other activities that you might be able to get into, or getting into other people's passions while sharing your own.

I do school at home. I don't know how the hell this could possibly work.

Blue Warrior wrote:
Therapy is always a great idea, especially if you feel like you have no one else to talk to about your problems. I hope it works for you.

Well, I know therapy sucks, but hopefully after years of torture the end result will be good.

By the way, do you know why I haven't commit suicide yet?

I am scared of pain.

Why am I going to therapy?

To get over my fear of pain.

I've already realized going to therapy is a big mistake. If I tell the therapist my problems, she'll tell my mom, and then she'll know all my secrets and I'll get in trouble and be tortured even more than I already am.

I'll just have to lie and keep quiet, and eventually I'll get out of there.

Blue Warrior wrote:
Whatever you decide to do, just try to take care of yourself.

If I'm forced to take care of myself(both physically and mentally), then it looks like I don't have a choice in what I do...

ide
PostPosted: September 17th, 2017, 2:36 pm 
Water Drop Male
Water Drop

KEEBY64 wrote:
I do school at home. I don't know how the hell this could possibly work.

Okay, there's your problem. Tell your parents (or your therapist, whatever floats your boat) that being holed up is making you go insane. Maybe you can convince them to enroll you in a public school or something so you can actually have a social life. If not, they'll at least know what the problem is and be able to help you fix it.

Quote:
Blue Warrior wrote:
Therapy is always a great idea, especially if you feel like you have no one else to talk to about your problems. I hope it works for you.

Well, I know therapy sucks, but hopefully after years of torture the end result will be good.

By the way, do you know why I haven't commit suicide yet?

I am scared of pain.

Why am I going to therapy?

To get over my fear of pain.

I've already realized going to therapy is a big mistake. If I tell the therapist my problems, she'll tell my mom, and then she'll know all my secrets and I'll get in trouble and be tortured even more than I already am.

I'll just have to lie and keep quiet, and eventually I'll get out of there.

I can't say I've ever gotten to the point where I wanted to commit suicide, but I did get pretty close to that mentality at one time. I'm actually still in a bit of a rut right now, but I have the advantage of age and experience, which helps me think a little more clearly on my own issues. Overall, I can't stand the thought of dying, knowing that I could have accomplished something during my lifetime and didn't. It may feel as if you are being emotionally tormented on a daily basis, but if there is any chance that you can get to the root of your depression/anxiety, then you should eliminate the problem at its source. At the very least, your panic button should be "tell someone I trust", not suicide. Talk about your problems on the forums, to your therapist, whatever seems to work for you.

If you're concerned about privacy, then you should look into your therapist's privacy policy. It varies by state, but all licensed therapists are required to keep certain information confidential (unless you state that you plan on hurting yourself or somebody else, or that you're currently being physically abused by somebody).

I mean, you can ask your therapist and she'll tell you, but so long as you don't say explicitly "I'm planning on killing myself tomorrow", your mom shouldn't have to know anything. Therapy isn't a conspiracy, they're really there for you. You're afraid of putting yourself in a vulnerable state, but you need to keep in mind that you're not going anywhere by just keeping yourself all bottled up. It's honestly your best bet at finding relief, so go ahead and take that chance. Let your therapist know how you feel, what kind of thoughts you've been having, why you feel like you can't tell mom etc. You won't regret it.

ide
PostPosted: September 17th, 2017, 4:55 pm 
Shooting Star A_mystery
Shooting Star

Blue Warrior wrote:
Okay, there's your problem.

Wait, what?!

You're saying THAT is my problem?

You're saying having to deal with periods, being forced to sit still, and being next to smelly kids is going to solve my issues?

If I hate just two things, it's periods and my autism.

Well, maybe not periods, but definitely my autism.

Blue Warrior wrote:
It may feel as if you are being emotionally tormented on a daily basis, but if there is any chance that you can get to the root of your depression/anxiety, then you should eliminate the problem at its source. At the very least, your panic button should be "tell someone I trust", not suicide.

Oh, look, I think I might've found the source of my problem thanks to you.

I can't trust anybody.

Looks like I'll have solve this problem a different way.

Blue Warrior wrote:
Talk about your problems on the forums

Wait a minute, I thought you said to get OFF of the forum.

Also, may I remind you of when I DID talk about my problems with the Kirby community, and...

Blue Warrior wrote:

I don't know, it seems like your advice is very sarcastic...

ide
PostPosted: September 17th, 2017, 8:54 pm 
Water Drop Male
Water Drop

KEEBY64 wrote:
Blue Warrior wrote:
Talk about your problems on the forums

Wait a minute, I thought you said to get OFF of the forum.

Also, may I remind you of when I DID talk about my problems with the Kirby community, and...

Blue Warrior wrote:

I don't know, it seems like your advice is very sarcastic...

In light of new information, I realize that was probably misleading, so allow me to elaborate:

You don't want to be pigeonholed into just communicating with people online, because that restricts you from enjoying what real-world relationships have to offer. It's totally fine to use it as a hobby or as an outlet for yourself, but your life shouldn't be centered around your interactions on the internet. That is why I ended up ignoring the first half of your post, because a lot of the complaints seemed superficial -- memes are too annoying, too much elitism, forums are dwindling downward into an eternal abyss? Shoot, I would just find some other community if it bothered me that much. It was the second half of your post that got to my attention, because it shed light that you're personally struggling with socializing, nightmares, etc.

I didn't know about your autism, but that does put a lot of things into perspective. I wish I was more well-read on the condition, because I'm not exactly sure what to recommend. Does this sound accurate to your experience?

ide
PostPosted: September 18th, 2017, 4:31 pm 
Shooting Star A_mystery
Shooting Star

Blue Warrior wrote:

... and yet you, a person in their 20s, are telling me to click on a link which could possibly be a computer virus?

Like I said before, your advice seems very sarcastic.

I'm done talking with you. Unless you're going to talk about the actual KIRBY problems, I'll stay quiet for now.

ide
PostPosted: September 18th, 2017, 7:35 pm 
Water Drop Male
Water Drop

KEEBY64 wrote:
Blue Warrior wrote:

... and yet you, a person in their 20s, are telling me to click on a link which could possibly be a computer virus?

Okay, first off, no it's not a virus. In fact I'm pretty sure that's not even how webpages work -- you have to explicitly let programs make changes to your computer in order to get hijacked by that kind of malware (usually dubious software installers from third party websites). The worst thing you can get from simply looking at a webpage is an annoying pop-up ad from the website and/or tracking cookies.

Second off, it's 2017 and it's so easy to avoid malware. If you're worried about viruses, get an antivirus and install Chrome browser with the Adblock extension.

Third, why would I even want to give you a virus? I have absolutely no motive for doing so.

Quote:
Like I said before, your advice seems very sarcastic.

I don't understand what I've said that would even qualify as "sarcastic". I believe you're using the wrong word here.

Obviously you're not looking for advice though, so I guess I'll just recede back to my usual corner of the internet. Best regards.

ide
PostPosted: September 18th, 2017, 9:05 pm 
Shooting Star A_mystery
Shooting Star

Alright. Goodbye.

... see? I told you nobody would understand me.

ide
PostPosted: September 21st, 2017, 10:45 pm 
Water Drop Male
Water Drop

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star
Why is there no hope left for the Kirby fanbase?

ide
PostPosted: September 22nd, 2017, 12:28 am 
Shooting Star A_mystery
Shooting Star

AlveinHero wrote:
Why is there no hope left for the Kirby fanbase?

I explained it in the post.

ide
PostPosted: September 25th, 2017, 8:48 pm 
Water Drop Male
Water Drop

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby Super Star
At least, I'm not losing interest in Kirby.

ide
PostPosted: September 25th, 2017, 9:27 pm 
Super Star Male
Super Star

Favorite Kirby Game: Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
I've taken interest in lots of other franchises over the years, but of course that doesn't mean I've lost any interest in Kirby.

Escargoon: Hey wise guy, this is the king you're talking about! You can't insult him because he's fat! Or because he's a big ignoramous! Or because he's a tightwad- *gets smashed with Dedede's mallet*
~Here Comes the Son

Escargoon: Kitcheeennn!!!! Where's the chow, ya chowderheads?! His highness is hungry up here!
Waddle Doo: But we just served the King a 10-course meal!
Dedede: All of them appetizers was un-appetizin'! Bring me 10 different courses and make it snappy!
Waddle Doo: Right! *he and the Waddle Dees finish the 10 courses and bring the food to Dedede* Hup, two, three, four, we bring the food and he wants more! Five, six, seven, eight, the King had better watch his weight!
~Hour of the WolfWrath

ide
PostPosted: September 26th, 2017, 12:37 am 
Shooting Star A_mystery
Shooting Star

I'm still somewhat interested in Kirby. The fanbase is mostly nonsense, though.