Comments on Update - Assorted Odds and Ends:

To really show how short Squeak Squad was, it usually can take me a good few days to work through a Kirby title. The day I got SqSq? I had it beaten by that night. Granted, that was without collecting all of the treasure, but even that only took me a mere few days, compared to the relative weeks some Kirby games held my attention.

It had good ideas, they just...didn't do anything with them.

Comment by Veech on 10:11pm Jun 18th, 2016 (Report| Reply)

Good ideas such as Ghost.

That also had some bad implementation.

But at least it was implemented, Bottles' Revenge mode.

Response by Duth Olec on 2:12am Jun 19th, 2016 (Report| Reply)

Meanwhile somebody actually is trying to round up support to get the game pages starting worked on. Writing was the easy, if not tedious, part. The other parts aren't hard, there's just not many people who can actually do it.

I'm also still working on making sprites for most of the Different Double entries.

I've considered writing more ability reviews, too, but ehhh. Wait, there's not a review for Burn/Ice. That should be easy. "not very good. *melts*"

Comment by Duth Olec on 10:18pm Jun 18th, 2016 (Report| Reply)

I'm probably the only one who liked Squeak Squad. I wish it had some more stages and interaction with various nature landmarks in the stages though.

Comment by Keeby64 on 6:31pm Jun 19th, 2016 (Report| Reply)

Good show! Congrats on everyone who took the time to enter-- You're all winners in my book~!

Hehe, the "Daimyo Medal", ay? Much appreciated! Big honor to all artists of the site~

Comment by Daimyo-KoiKoi on 6:45pm Jun 20th, 2016 (Report| Reply)

I did get Squeak Squad when it first came out. It wasn't the first Kirby game on the DS; that would be Canvas Curse. It was extremely innovative with its touch screen controls and was widely heralded as "the DS's first great game" as it was a concept which wasn't possible on any other system at the time. I'd go so far as to say that it's what proved that games COULD make good use of a touch screen!

Squeak Squad threw that out the window in favor of a more traditional Kirby experience, which by itself wasn't a bad thing. At the time I was kind of burned out from my time with Nightmare in Dreamland (beaten 100%) and The Amazing Mirror (I only missed ONE treasure out of everything; no guides needed), so coming from Canvas Curse's radical changes I was utterly underwhelmed by Squeak Squad's similarity to those games. Not only that, but it just felt so forced in its execution.

It had its moments, though. Ghost was already mentioned, so here's my highlight; as anticlimactic as Dark Nebula turned out to be, I did enjoy the level immediately before the battle since it felt suspenseful even though it was easy. It was a level meant to be dramatic, not challenging, which made it really stand out to me more so than the battle it was leading up to. It's just too bad that the buildup all lead up to a disappointing final encounter.

Comment by BlueAizu21 on 7:05pm Jun 20th, 2016 (Report| Reply)

I personally enjoyed Squeak Squad, it feels like a spiritual successor to Amazing Mirror; it plays like an ordinary Kirby platformer with some twists: You interact with the environment and can merge weapons with elementals.

Although, no-one has ever defeated Dark Nebula WITHOUT the Triple Star. I dare at least one of you to do so.

Comment by LooneyBandicootGirl on 7:10am Jun 21st, 2016 (Report| Reply)

Wasn't sure where to put this, but I've been trying to register to the fanart gallery, and it doesn't seem to be sending me the confirmation email.

Comment by Griscuit on 1:44pm Jun 22nd, 2016 (Report| Reply)

Apparently it doesn't send the confirmation email; it didn't do that for my account either. Just try signing into the galleries in a couple days and it should work without the email.

Response by Julune on 4:26pm Jun 22nd, 2016 (Report| Reply)

I have Squeak Squad and beat it long ago but... I don't remember much of it at all and I usually remember every video game I play (except for some RPGs, too much to remember...)

Honestly... Squeak Squad isn't very memorable... it doesn't stand out much... but I personally think that Return to Dreamland is shorter and far more disappointing...

Comment by Chibi Manny on 12:20am Jun 30th, 2016 (Report| Reply)

Oh really? I actually enjoyed Return to Dream Land and it has an average length actually. (The shortest being the original Kirby's Dream Land)

The most disappointing Kirby game in my opinion is Mass Attack because it doesn't FEEL like a Kirby game at all! Epic Yarn is an exception though.

Response by LooneyBandicootGirl on 1:06am Jun 30th, 2016 (Report| Reply)

Return to Update: Assorted Odds and Ends