Comments on Update - The Powers are Yours:

Oh look, it's the one I've been waiting for. Too bad I'm going to be busy for the next month or two. Well, maybe I can get some idea[s] in.

I do have one idea of old that was originally a joke ability, but considering some of the combos in K64 why not? I mean, it's better than K64's Fire+Ice ability, so it'd have that going for it.

Most of the ideas I've had are more like Kirby 64's though, a one-button use with maybe an extra thing it can do.

Comment by Duth Olec on 9:04pm Dec 1st, 2016 (Report| Reply)

Now that you mention it, quite a few of K64's combos were joke abilities. While I wouldn't want the challenge to be overrun with those kinds of powers, I would like to see at least a few of those, could provide a good deal of levity seeing something like Fire and Water create something of roughly equal uselessness as Fire and Ice.

Response by mrgameandpie on 9:43pm Dec 1st, 2016 (Report| Reply)

Well, the Dark Matter Trilogy had bad combinations for abilities, such as Kine + (insert anything) and some of the 64 mixes, but they also were single functions. Remember the opener to this I.F.? How it was about expanding upon things? Usually, effort isn't wasted on garbage. (Unless extremely comical, like Mints' Ouch Ability Review, which I apparently can't make a link to :/)

Response by Bimblesnaff on 4:37pm Dec 2nd, 2016 (Report| Reply)

Another question: In Kirby 64 the same ability could be combined into its own combo ability. Usually just a stronger version of the basic one, though a couple were quite a bit different. Is that allowed? As long as it's not just, like, "kirby has TWO swords now!!" "kirby has BIG hammer now!" "kirby punches faster now!" but an actually different and new concept, such as where Bomb--throw a bomb--turned into shoot three homing missiles.

The rules say two, but I didn't know if you were just trying to avoid people submitting entries with more than two different abilities.

Response by Duth Olec on 7:14pm Dec 4th, 2016 (Report| Reply)

No doubles is gonna remain no doubles. Arguably, one should be able to pull out a different ability to get the desired effect. For example, Cutter/Sword for a big scimitar, Hammer/Stone for a mighty maul, ... uh, Archer or Crash Missile/Bomb for a missile array? Certainly not Archer -- that'd be stupid.

Response by Bimblesnaff on 4:56pm Dec 5th, 2016 (Report| Reply)

Don't forget about Cupid/Archer for whatever you'd want Cupid/Cupid or Archer/Archer to do!

Response by mrgameandpie on 6:16pm Dec 5th, 2016 (Report| Reply)

You are viewing only one thread of comments on this article. You can instead read all comments.

Return to Update: The Powers are Yours