Comments on Update - The Powers are Yours:

On free time, I occasionally work (since a lot of time, and I mean years) on a custom ability mixing table, and I see that there are a lot of nice ideas in this contest. May I take inspiration from those entries for my project? (I don't have any plan on releasing it soon but if you like the idea we could even try to discuss the abilities together).

so far, I rebooted the table like 4 or 5 times, and I'm trying to only keep the abilities with interesting concepts and movesets.

Comment by Iko-kun on 10:11pm Dec 8th, 2016 (Report| Reply)

"Interesting" would be the ideal. Less of things like K64's Burning/Ice combo and more like the Bomb/Cutter. We don't any "look how dumb this ability is, lullz", especially if you plan on doing more than one.

Response by Bimblesnaff on 4:00pm Dec 9th, 2016 (Report| Reply)

Each ability is supposed to have a full moveset, some are simpler but I'm going to leave a lot of freedom to the player. Anyway it's just on paper, I'm not programming a fangame.

Response by Iko-kun on 8:43pm Dec 9th, 2016 (Report| Reply)

What? Are you telling me that I left out that part about requiring at least an associates degree in computer programming and full-fledged working script illustrating the submission?

Well, I guess that explains why I haven't gotten any code snippets yet.

Response by Bimblesnaff on 7:11am Dec 10th, 2016 (Report| Reply)

I think you misread my first post, it's not refered to this IF contest, but to a personal project that I'm doing for fun.

I'm designing a K64-like ability table with custom abilities, and I asked if I can take inspiration from the submissions of other people in this contest for my personalm project (the ability table), since there are some cool ideas but I don't know if people are ok if I "steal" them (well, not like I'm going to use those ideas for anything important).

This because there is a chance in the future (far future) that when I'll be satisfied with the abilities I'll publish the work in some form.

I'm not sure if I will submit any other ability in the contest since most of my abilities are not completely original, they are mostly based on altered existing ones (for example, I did a Blacksmith ability but it's based on K64's fire sword, or another based on an electrical cable and plug, that's inspired by Chibi Robo).

Response by Iko-kun on 10:15am Dec 10th, 2016 (Report| Reply)

You could use my entries in this thing you're making. I'd be flattered to see any of my entries in a fan project ^^

Response by Griscuit on 11:32am Dec 10th, 2016 (Report| Reply)

You are viewing only one thread of comments on this article. You can instead read all comments.

Return to Update: The Powers are Yours