Comments on IF Entry - Tornado:

hmm! this is creative and I like it a lot, but I'm iffy on the attacks. in particular, the tornado blast has an odd input, and I'm not sure if having a Robobot Mode discard itself is a good idea. I'd give it an "OK".

Comment by Serena Strawberry on 2:56pm Jul 5th, 2016 (Report| Reply)

Tornado Blast would likely destroy enemies you want to scan. Due to the homing effect, it would destroy mid-bosses it is used against before they can be scanned as well. I would have made it "Hold A, X" so that it wouldn't kill foes unless you were trying to kill them.

Comment by Hantho on 3:49pm Jul 5th, 2016 (Report| Reply)

That makes more sense, true. Also, I drew this by hand since I'm terrible at drawing digitally.

Comment by Kirbyfan27 on 4:07pm Jul 5th, 2016 (Report| Reply)

It's okay. I'm a terrible artist too. Also, I don't downvote things based on artwork. I will say that the Tornado Jump is a really good speed increasing move, as you an jump over enemies to kill them instead of jumping on top of them and is unique as well.

Response by Hantho on 4:18pm Jul 5th, 2016 (Report| Reply)

Hm, Hantho makes a valid point about mapping an attack to the X button. The only ability that does that is Hammer, and it requires a specific input to do so. I still think it's a novel idea, though - I'd like to see more copy abilities with desperation attacks like that.

I especially like that you mapped an attack to the jump button - have any abilities done that prior? I know Wing, Jet, and their ilk have unique multi-jumps, but I don't think any abilities have turned the standard jump into an attack before. Very neat idea.

Comment by Griscuit on 4:15pm Jul 5th, 2016 (Report| Reply)

Thank you!

Response by Kirbyfan27 on 4:52pm Jul 5th, 2016 (Report| Reply)

The biggest problem with this is arguably that there's a move that's the regular tornado move "but more powerful". Umm...

Comment by Keeby64 on 11:52am Jul 6th, 2016 (Report| Reply)

That attack would be multi-hit, deal more damage as a result and last for a shorter time, but I thought all that up after posting it. I couldn't really think of any good dash attacks either, and I wanted a dash attack.

Response by Kirbyfan27 on 2:19pm Jul 6th, 2016 (Report| Reply)

I noticed that people seem to dislike this according to the votes. Really, what's wrong? My artwork? I'm only 11 years old, how do you think I can make art that good?

Comment by Kirbyfan27 on 7:17pm Jul 6th, 2016 (Report| Reply)

I don't think the artwork is the only reason, but I have noticed that entries with spiffy artwork tend to get a lot of upvotes... this isn't an art contest, people :p

Your art is pretty good, considering your age. I sure as heck couldn't draw that well at 11. I didn't even know what shading *was* :p

Response by Griscuit on 9:54am Jul 7th, 2016 (Report| Reply)

Trust me kid, it ain't your artwork. (By the way, I have improved a lot from 2013(when I was 10) to now(I'm 13 now).

I actually think it's pretty good. I have trouble drawing lots of things.

Comment by Keeby64 on 6:48am Jul 7th, 2016 (Report| Reply)

Return to IF Entry: Tornado