Public Comments by Bimblesnaff:

Comment on Update - The Powers are Yours

"Interesting" would be the ideal. Less of things like K64's Burning/Ice combo and more like the Bomb/Cutter. We don't any "look how dumb this ability is, lullz", especially if you plan on doing more than one.

Response by Bimblesnaff on 4:00pm Dec 9th, 2016 (Report| Reply)
Comment on Update - The Powers are Yours

Yes. I log in every day at least once. Haven't seen anything sent in for a bit, unless it came a minute after I last checked.

Response by Bimblesnaff on 5:01pm Dec 6th, 2016 (Report| Reply)
Comment on IF Entry - Knight (Metal/Sword)

The one-eyed whisps with the lance, right? Sadly, the only title I've yet to witness. Him, thinking on it, this would have been better as a spear mix with a mighty lance instead. Curse you, hindsight!

Response by Bimblesnaff on 4:58pm Dec 6th, 2016 (Report| Reply)
Comment on IF Entry - Baseball (Ball/Hammer)

Such a gosh-darn cool ability. It's charming, it's innovative, it's Kirby. In fact, the only way it could get more Kirby would be if he somehow hit himself as the ball!

Comment by Bimblesnaff on 8:10pm Dec 5th, 2016 (Report| Reply)
Comment on Update - The Powers are Yours

No doubles is gonna remain no doubles. Arguably, one should be able to pull out a different ability to get the desired effect. For example, Cutter/Sword for a big scimitar, Hammer/Stone for a mighty maul, ... uh, Archer or Crash Missile/Bomb for a missile array? Certainly not Archer -- that'd be stupid.

Response by Bimblesnaff on 4:56pm Dec 5th, 2016 (Report| Reply)
Comment on IF Entry - Jewel (Mirror/Stone)

I tried to make Crystallize, um, Stony by making it stop in place. To make it less than the Mirror Guard, you'll note that it has a time limit to nerf its usage.

Response by Bimblesnaff on 4:42pm Dec 5th, 2016 (Report| Reply)
Comment on IF Entry - Out-of-Body Experience (Sleep/Ghost)

I'm curious: just what does it do, exactly? Can it retrieve items, activate switches, scout ahead? Or is it just a "bwa-bwah" situation?

Comment by Bimblesnaff on 2:50pm Dec 3rd, 2016 (Report| Reply)
Comment on Update - The Powers are Yours

Well, the Dark Matter Trilogy had bad combinations for abilities, such as Kine + (insert anything) and some of the 64 mixes, but they also were single functions. Remember the opener to this I.F.? How it was about expanding upon things? Usually, effort isn't wasted on garbage. (Unless extremely comical, like Mints' Ouch Ability Review, which I apparently can't make a link to :/)

Response by Bimblesnaff on 4:37pm Dec 2nd, 2016 (Report| Reply)
Comment on Update - The Powers are Yours

Ugh. For the last time, I can't. I have no ability to do that (for some reason). I checked. I went in, I looked about, I even gave myself someone else's pseudo-permissions. Then it showed up, but I couldn't do anything about it with the mock-view.

Response by Bimblesnaff on 2:41pm Dec 1st, 2016 (Report| Reply)
Comment on Update - The Powers are Yours

No? They are supposed to have influence of the two abilities, not necessarily a "theme" of one or the other. For example, in my ... example of Jewel, it was highly defensive, partially stationary, and bounced back attacks. Fuuusion.

Aaand I just found out that I didn't have the form sending in which abilities were mixed. Well, that's gonna be fun...

Response by Bimblesnaff on 2:18pm Dec 1st, 2016 (Report| Reply)
Comment on Update - Robot Remnant Wrap-Up

That's a pricklier pickle (prickly pickler?) than it seems to be. Between modifying the whole image -- of which no source graphics are possessed leading to compression -- and matching the exact font on the font overlay, it's a beyond my knowings of how to match it. Furthermore, I think all but two of the "current" features ain't really current.

That wonky automated indexer never seems to do stuff right. It's supposed to move the prior thing to the "out of season" list when finished, but... it never seems to happen. Given the length of time between doing this, I never remember how to force the transition, possibly by making the next one? This is why I don't like things that I didn't code (or people I don't have under mind control).

Response by Bimblesnaff on 3:12pm Nov 28th, 2016 (Report| Reply)
Comment on Update - Robot Remnant Wrap-Up

It's strange how much of an impact that character limit made. I'm a verbose fellow yet was well able to skirt under the restriction. Typically, people never seemed that prone to fill up that much space -- individually -- on each of these details. Somehow, putting forth a separate box for each appeared to fuel a desire to go hog-wild with wordy flourish. The cap will be raised in the next go (as it is going to follow a similar submission format), but it won't be that much higher. Don't gotta right a full paragraph just to say "shoot X forward".

Response by Bimblesnaff on 9:25am Nov 24th, 2016 (Report| Reply)
Comment on Update - Robot Remnant Wrap-Up

This is always the offer made, and the answer is always the same: There is no -- and has never been -- a problem "keeping up" with materials of which to update the site. The issue is -- both historically and now -- there is a lack of materials to post as updates.

Largely being fan content driven (as most of the information pages, I feel, should be preserved for legacy's sake), if the people ain't pushing, the rock stands still. Having more people standing around to measure how far the boulder is being moved won't remedy the situation.

Response by Bimblesnaff on 9:20am Nov 24th, 2016 (Report| Reply)
Comment on Update - Robot Remnant Wrap-Up

Never go there, never saw post approval when I did, and things shouldn't even need approved. It's a bunch of malarkey, really.

Response by Bimblesnaff on 7:09am Nov 21st, 2016 (Report| Reply)
Comment on Update - September is a Lie

What? I mean, of course I am! It's not like I haven't checked that branch out in over a month or three. Heh heh. Heh...

Response by Bimblesnaff on 5:51pm Nov 18th, 2016 (Report| Reply)
< Prev- Page: 1 - 2 - 3 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - Next >