Public Comments by Bimblesnaff:

Comment on IF Entry - Bio-Hissard

It... sorta reminds me of Oro... a nub in the ground that pops out, except there's two of them.

Comment by Bimblesnaff on 4:48am Jan 8th, 2010 (Report| Reply)
Comment on IF Entry - Hooks

The dilemma is certainly an interesting one, although I'm certain there would be other ways to overtake the hook. If in Dream Land style, it could probably be Burned through or Stone dropped to the floor to quickly leave it up high. Still, I like that it makes the player have to think rather than blindly rushing around.

Comment by Bimblesnaff on 4:46am Jan 8th, 2010 (Report| Reply)
Comment on IF Entry - Noct and Greap

The pendulum action reminds me of the Oversized Opponent entry, Blobbo, the one that I said would make a better fit in this contest.

Involving the rope cutting, normally a obstacle, is an interesting and definitely unique concept.

Comment by Bimblesnaff on 4:43am Jan 8th, 2010 (Report| Reply)
Comment on IF Entry - Platfear

An ambush classic like Oro or Nidoo. It keeps the player on the look out. If they can't see slight yellow bumps or doors of a different shade, wiggling certainly should get their attention. I also like how it's set apart from those other distinct warning signs.

Comment by Bimblesnaff on 4:35am Jan 8th, 2010 (Report| Reply)
Comment on IF Entry - Flipside

Ambush is a classic. From Oro to Peran, things are always popping up when least expected. I think, tho', that Chibi made the worst choice in words when he said it attacks in a "tornado". I know it was meant as a whirling attack by rapidly flipping around, but, you know, tornado gives the impression of, oh, the Tornado ability.

Comment by Bimblesnaff on 4:32am Jan 8th, 2010 (Report| Reply)
Comment on IF Entry - Gravitchilla

I like this one. It's reminiscent of the ol' learned patterns of foes from classic Kirby. The jumping, too, not only would be a good way to psych out the player but could double to avoid attacks. Time your hammer just right and whoops!

Comment by Bimblesnaff on 4:29am Jan 8th, 2010 (Report| Reply)
Comment on IF Entry - Blode

No I didn't. I put six out there to (1) set some good corner stones for once, like ya said, and (2) show just how endless the possimabilities are.

Why is Blode catching all the whole-scope commentary rather than the update itself?

Response by Bimblesnaff on 4:41pm Jan 7th, 2010 (Report| Reply)
Comment on IF Entry - Blode

You know, I was wondering where I pulled that green color scheme from. It must have been subconsciously gnawing on my brain. Wait, that's a raccoon. I gotta get that roof fixed.

Response by Bimblesnaff on 10:52am Jan 7th, 2010 (Report| Reply)
Comment on IF Entry - Bumke

If anything, it'd be likened more to Blopper. it doesn't toss one. There's a volley of stars. That implies more than just a toss. Bounder moves pretty fast and is exclusively found in walled in areas while this guy is rather sluggish and probably more prone to peaks or flats. Blopper pours out a constant stream of lefts and rights with its frosting where as this on just throws up a batch into the wind in periodic bursts.

Did you honestly expect me to make something that was too much like an existing enemy, let alone one of my all-time favorites?

Response by Bimblesnaff on 9:30am Jan 7th, 2010 (Report| Reply)
Comment on Update - Things are Getting Kirazy

Wow, way to entirely miss the fact that this is entirely based upon the Dark Matter Trilogy and that the "big eye" is Zero. You know, the dominating, overlording evil boss who presided over three whole Kirby games as the villain and possessed Dream Landers. How would a cowardly jester who wasn't in the comicker's favorite game, Dream Land 3, who didn't use dark mind control powers make a better fit for the series?

Of course, my statements are rhetorical. Not in that the answer is already implied but since I know a feasible response is merely unexpected.

Response by Bimblesnaff on 5:37pm Dec 26th, 2009 (Report| Reply)
Comment on Update - Versus Shy-Guy

First, sprite comics originated from Mega Man. That was the acknowledged first one ever.

Secondly, people only use recognized characters for the same reason that those mentioned series are the only ones that get, really, any focus on fan works. People work with what other people will recognize. Sure, you could have Shadrix and Solstice sprites. However, if you were using such unrecognized things that no one would get any references to, you might as well use, oh, original characters 'cuz people would care about them just the same.

Response by Bimblesnaff on 4:24am Dec 16th, 2009 (Report| Reply)
Comment on Poll - Which present do you want most this year?

You're looking past the meaning of those two options. The game itself doesn't exist and thus cannot be gotten. If a solidified release date is given, that means the game has, at long last, been completed and is available for purchase and gifting. The latter option is the snarky way way of saying, "Get 'er done, already!"

Response by Bimblesnaff on 10:30am Dec 9th, 2009 (Report| Reply)
Comment on Poll - Which Dream Land dish would be most delish?

If by "Bimblsnaff" you mean "not Bimblesnaff" 'cuz the poll clearly says that it wasn't created by Bimblesnaff, then yes, someone could agree.

And that's why you should stay in school, kids, so you can read.

... Bimblesnaff!

Response by Bimblesnaff on 8:16am Dec 4th, 2009 (Report| Reply)
Comment on IF Entry - Canniball <i>(Fire)</i>

Wow, that's... um, that's some missed point. I'm pretty sure that Cloud didn't mean "forever until" and intended that a wall be not-too-distant from its placements. Many enemies are designed to appear in or near certain features. That's not uncommon at all. Your concern for its behavior is likened to "But that fish would be pretty worthless out of the water." Yes. Because it should only be found in water.

Response by Bimblesnaff on 11:02am Dec 3rd, 2009 (Report| Reply)
Comment on IF Entry - Zakle <i>(Spark)</i>

I really wouldn't read anything into all the comparisons. I mean, really, their arguments could be directed at one another instead of Zakle. All of those examples could be, in effect, applied to one another.

Of course, I listen not when others say "So and so looks like this other thing" since I've had Squeaky Bogg compared to a flame or... Pikachu. Sewiously.

Response by Bimblesnaff on 7:14am Nov 29th, 2009 (Report| Reply)
< Prev- Page: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - Next >